• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elise from Fire Emblem Fates confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors

Draxal

Tiki is all but confirmed considering she has an amiibo. Not sure about caeda that would be 3 lance peg knights which seems excessive dunno how they differentiate them all.

They'll make her a swordie like she is in heroes (and can be in the original games).

When this was first announced, I expected Tharja and Nowi to be shoe-ins on the Awakening side for the initial roster. Guessing they'll be DLC.

When this was first announced, I expected Tharja and Nowi to be shoe-ins on the Awakening side for the initial roster. Guessing they'll be DLC.

Tharja has a figure , DLC costumes and ranks high in polls.
I expect her announced soon.

Nowi may be in the top 10 poll but lacks all the other stuff Tharja has gotten.
Add young Tiki getting in and i don't think she has a big chance.
If she does make it in. She would be the most surprising choice yet.

kewlmyc

...wow, I actually called it.

Might as well just go "fuck it" and put in Elise and Sakura as well.

Sakura will probably be announced next week as well. Having all the siblings but her would be weird. Azura too I guess.

Right now the Roster is 17 Characters not including alt characters. The treasure box supposedly has 25 character cards so here are my guesses

OC 2 (3) Rowan, Lianna (Dario kinda expected)
SD 1 (5) Marth (Caeda, Tiki, Navarre, Draug)
Awakening 6 (7) Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Lucina, Cordelia (Tharja)
Fates 8 (10) Corrin, Xander, Camilla, Leo, Takumi, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi (Azura, Sakura)
Alt Characters 1 (2) Femrobin (Male Corrin)

SD is annoying because alot of characters come in pairs or are swordies in a heavy swordie based game. If the alt characters get cards RIP Navarre and Draug

Wish Gaius would make the cut or one of the ninjas. Would be cool to have a dagger user in the roster.

might as well add this here too

Koei Tecmo TGS Schedule for this game

September 21st: 14:30 to 15:15 – Fire Emblem Warriors New Information Stage – In addition to live gameplay mixed with an introduction to the appeal of Fire Emblem Warriors, this stage will feature various new videos and information. It may even debut new hero(es) playable in the game. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Hiroya Usuda (director), and special guest Masahiro Higuchi (Intelligent Systems).

September 22nd: 13:00 to 13:45 – Fire Emblem Warriors Gameplay Aplenty! Stage – Plenty of live gameplay from Fire Emblem Warriors with the producer and director. Additionally, this stage will be full of new information such as first-debut videos. Featuring Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer) and Hiroya Usuda (director).

September 23rd: 12:30 to 13:15 – A New Playable Hero!? Fire Emblem Warriors Special Stage – A new playable hero is announced. And a special guest is invited on board to deliver new information with the producer and director. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Hiroya Usuda (director), and special guest Hikaru Midorikawa (Marth voice actor).

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/koei-tecmo-announces-tgs-2017-lineup-stage-schedule

Yay one of my favorite little sisters! Looks like I guessed correctly on her battle style. She looks fun though!

Still not buying the game but hopefully many of you guys enjoy using her. Also hope that Shadow Dragon characters get revealed soon for y'all.

Sorbete

Man, all the awesome characters available and they decide to include all the stupid siblings from Fates, they are the worse. Can I have Dorcas and Chuck Nolan please?

Feffe

I finished multiple times 10 Fire Emblem games (and the series has 12 original titles, I didn't finish Tracia and Fates) and they keep announcing characters I don't know or don't care about.

There's something very wrong with this game.

Sorbete

I finished multiple times 10 Fire Emblem games (and the series has 12 original titles, I didn't finish Tracia and Fates) and they keep announcing characters I don't know or don't care about.

Funny how Fire Emblem is my second favorite series and the roster has almost zero appeal to me.

redcrayon

I get that Fates wasn't everyone's favourite but it's hardly something wrong with the game if they include a load of characters from a game from last year just because you didn't finish it. Personally I quite like Ryoma, Hinoka, Xander and Azura, but am less keen on the others.

Cryxok

Elise seems cool. Hope this means Bow Sakura as well.

My main problem with the game is not the roster (tho I'll admit is SAFE as hell and would love some older characters). There is something unappealing to me about it's artstyle. It seems dull and lifeless, despite trying to recreate Awakening's and Fate's GC cutscenes, which I found enjoyable. Would love a bit more of contrast and color, tho I guess it's too late for that.

I personally hope for Tiki, Jeorge and Minerva from SD. Doubt I'll buy it at launch either way (if at all).

Feffe

I get that Fates wasn't everyone's favourite but it's hardly something wrong with the game if they include a load of characters from a game from last year just because you didn't finish it. Personally I quite like Ryoma, Hinoka, Xander and Azura, but am less keen on the others.
The problem is more about the absence of of literally everyone from FE 2 and 4-10 than the abundance of characters from Fates.

Neoxon

Sakura and Azura next seems likely. Not sure what else they'll pull from Fates.
Beyond those two & Male Corrin, I'm honestly not sure. Maybe some of the side characters?

I suppose this means we can expect 25 characters on Day 1. We still need Tiki & Tharja amongst the safe bets.

Maxinas

Blazing Sword/Binding Blade, Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance DLC Packs. There, was it really that hard people? These games were made with milking fans with DLC in mind.

Looking forward to the Tiki reveal.

Edit: Oops. Forgot the Shadows of Valentia DLC Pack as well.

I'm wondering if SD characters are going to be the DLC focus. I can't see Caeda not being in the main cast, but other than that I can't see anyone else being necessary. Cain?

I always assumed the DLC would focus on characters not from Awakening/Fates/SD (Ike, Lyn, etc.), and with the Tiki amiibo coming it's certain she's in the main game.

Otherwise...the only other options I can think of besides Caeda are Ogma, Navarre, Abel and Jagen. The first two would bloat an already sword-bloated roster and I don't know how high-priority the last two are.

Leave it to K-T to announce brand new characters days before the game goes on sale.

The level of marketing and passion between this game and Hurtle Warriors really is night and day. Still looking forward to playing it, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as inspired.

No PoR characters :( Would have loved Titania, Mia, Ilyana, Marcia, Nephenee, Elincia or Haar as playable characters =/ Maybe there will be a DLC/Season pass like Hyrule Warriors that will add some of the above. Can't believe the game isn't on any eshop and extremely inaccessible to fans post 3DS FE as it's my favorite FE game.

StayDead

I'm wondering if SD characters are going to be the DLC focus. I can't see Caeda not being in the main cast, but other than that I can't see anyone else being necessary. Cain?

Navare (ナバール) is a shoe in surely. He's one of the most popular characters and even appeared in FE x SMT because of it.

Sacul64GC

Banned
Not on Day 1. The base roster is focused on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, & Fates. They'll probably be DLC at some point.

Man I cant believe how disappointing this roster is for me. I have not even Beat Birthright yet. Fates seems badly designed for someone that wants to get all the characters.

That argument kinda falls apart for me because of having zero Echoes: Shadows of Valentia characters.

The level of marketing and passion between this game and Hurtle Warriors really is night and day. Still looking forward to playing it, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as inspired.

I feel like part of the problem is any fire emblem characters people care about all see combat normally anyway.

VS Hyrule Warriors where only half the characters in the 21 weapon variations ( 24 counting cia,volga,wizro, free about 40 days after launch) starting roster you actually see in combat ever in the games anyway are Link, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Zant, and arguably Midna and Zelda. "Zelda uses a bow" and "Midna rides wolf, has twili magic" are quite broad templates still. Slightly more if you count Zelda/Shiek in Smash.

redcrayon

The problem is more about the absence of of literally everyone from FE 2 and 4-10 than the abundance of characters from Fates.

Considering that they are aiming at a global audience I'm not surprised they didn't feature characters from games that didn't leave Japan, but sure, it would have been nice to have a broader spread. I'm sure the inevitable DLC will expand on the initial cast though.

Draxal

That argument kinda falls apart for me because of having zero Echoes: Shadows of Valentia characters.

Dev for this game probably occured before SoV was a thing, musou games take a while, and they got out SoV really fast.

I would love some SMT X FE characters

Zero zero zero chance (other than the mirages in their normal form like Chrom).

Sega/Atlus shares the copyright on the human characters from that game.

Beyond those two & Male Corrin, I'm honestly not sure. Maybe some of the side characters?

I suppose this means we can expect 25 characters on Day 1. We still need Tiki & Tharja amongst the safe bets.

Zero characters other then them.

Neoxon

Zero characters other then them.
With Sakura, Azura, Male Corrin, Tiki, & Tharja, that only brings the base roster up to 23. There's 25 character cards included in the special edition, so we'd need 2 more reveals on top of the ones mentioned.

Draxal

With Sakura, Azura, Male Corrin, Tiki, & Tharja, that only brings the base roster up to 23. There's 25 character cards included in the special edition, so we'd need 2 more reveals on top of the ones mentioned.

I'm not expecting male corrin or female robin to get cards.

They shouldn't be skipping Caeda, she's Miss Fire Emblem for Japan. There's also a potential for Daario, and other Shadow Dragon characters.

I mean they might add add Joker or Felicia, but I really doubt that they'll have more than 10 (11 depending how you count male corrin), and only two characters from Shadow Dragon.

PK Gaming

Yay one of my favorite little sisters! Looks like I guessed correctly on her battle style. She looks fun though!

Still not buying the game but hopefully many of you guys enjoy using her. Also hope that Shadow Dragon characters get revealed soon for y'all.

For now

We'll see what happens when they announce Male Corrin

Sterok

I don't personally see there being under 5 SD characters. It will have the fewest, but they're not going to ignore the OG cast that much. Tiki is soft confirmed, and there's no way Caeda isn't in. Jagen or Camus is needed for a lance cav, and Draug for an armor. That's before getting into the likes of Navarre, Ogma, Minerva, Gordin, Merric, Linde, and probably others you could make a case for, several of whom fill underused niches.

Yay! I was worried she might not get in despite being fairly popular, but I'm glad the littlest sister made it in :3

let's hope they don't
kill her if you don't buy DLC
in the story this time :p

Feffe

Hyrule Warriors was a celebration of everything Zelda. You had a great 2D mode with Zelda 1 graphics, items from ALTTP and WW, the MM Moon and a plot with heavy references to SS, OoT and TP. The only way you could be disappointed is if you like Zelda only for the Capcom entries.

FE Warriors is a celebration of modern Fire Emblem with an handful of characters from the first game. That's all. The golden days of the Super Famicom era are forgotten, the glorious pixel art of the GBA games isn't celebrated and the interesting cast of the the Tellius games is nowhere to be be seen.

As a person who finished almost every game in the series I feel this game isn't for me. And that's pretty bad.

I'm not expecting male corrin or female robin to get cards.

They shouldn't be skipping Caeda, she's Miss Fire Emblem for Japan. There's also a potential for Daario, and other Shadow Dragon characters.

I mean they might add add Joker or Felicia, but I really doubt that they'll have more than 10 (11 depending how you count male corrin), and only two characters from Shadow Dragon.
If they don't add Felicia and Jakob then their reasoning for including Lissa and Frederick seems extra questionable.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hyrule Warriors was a celebration of everything Zelda. You had a great 2D mode with Zelda 1 graphics, items from ALTTP and WW, the MM Moon and a plot with heavy references to SS, OoT and TP. The only way you could be disappointed is if you like Zelda only for the Capcom entries.

FE Warriors is a celebration of modern Fire Emblem with an handful of characters from the first game. That's all. The golden days of the Super Famicom era are forgotten, the glorious pixel art of the GBA games isn't celebrated and the interesting cast of the the Tellius games is nowhere to be be seen.

As a person who finished almost every game in the series I feel this game isn't for me. And that's pretty bad.
I like how you cherrypick to make your disdain.

You shouldn't really compare Zelda to Fire Emblem.

Making a Zelda Warriors is much easier. Plus Wind Waker is my favorite and that game wasn't in HW in the beginning. Not really a celebration at the beginning. It picked up later on

Yes you do
Meh. Me not buying it isn't going to be the end of the world or the series. There are plenty of other true fans though. I'm serious. They're the real fans that this game was made for and that's a great thing. Thanks for making sure I knew that though.

Sandfox

Hyrule Warriors started off with 13 characters from OoT, TP, and SS. Also, you're making assumptions about things we don't know yet. Adventure Mode in HW for example was revealed a week before the game released.

LordKano

Hyrule was a musou game with 12 characters, very few different weapons except for Link, and was only celebrating three games (SS, OOT and TP). Don't talk about small cameos like the adventure map or the Moon since, first, we don't know if there will be an equivalent in FE musou (there likely will be), second, they were practically useless.

FE musou on the other hand will have between 25 and 30 characters in the main game, probably a shit ton more of content, will be way more polished (with a 60fps option), has more depth in its gameplay thanks to all the classic FE mechanics that have been included (permadeath, weapon triangle, pairing etc.), is prettier and will overall be a way better package.

FE Warriors is shaping to be miles better than Hyrule Warriors, in every department.

Top Bottom