• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elminage Gothic: Wizardry PSP in all but name

cj_iwakura

Damn this game looks hot.

51pDDvDA7jL.jpg

ss-002.jpg

I'm not really familiar with the series(though I have heard of it), and this one looks like everything Labyrinth of Lost Souls should've been.

ss-011.jpg

Siliconera did some awesome coverage on what the game's about here.

After releasing one Wizardry game for PSP, Starfish decided to make their own Wizardry inspired series called Elminage for Japan. The next game in the series, Elminage Gothic: Ritual of Darkness and Ulm Zakir, has a dark fantasy art style and monsters from H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu Mythos.

Just like Wizardry, Elminage Gothic has a handful of races to choose from. You can select your character’s gender, age, alignment, class (there are 16 different jobs), and an "investment" where you exchange gold for immediate experience points.

Don’t like the dark fantasy art style? You can upload icons and portrait art to further customize your characters. Elminage Gothic also has a "sound load" feature where you can add custom music to the game.

Come on, XSeed! Please? :(

Siliconera did some awesome coverage on what the game's about here.

Is this the right link you meant to post? Because I don't really see awesome coverage over what this game is about :/, just here's classes, you can change how map looks, and icons. That's it... no details of formula or anything? I'd like to know what exactly is special about this game.

So hyped for this!

I've got Elminage II Remix on DS and Elminage III on PSP and both are great. Though the difficulty is ramped up a bit by my rapidly decaying Japanese abilities :-/

Here's hoping XSEED or someone comes to our rescue and finally brings this to the West.

And yeah, why did we never get the Class of Heroes sequels? The 3rd one on PS3/PSP is really great and has an insane number of classes in it.

Top Bottom