• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer Group expect to release more than 70 game projects before March 31, 2025, including at least three important unannounced titles

GOPXBLEW8AANqFP

GOPXBMDXkAAaXvn

Dazraell

Gold Member
I forgot that new Painkiller is still a thing, nice

Out of these games they listed I'm looking forward to see more about KCD2, Gothic Remake and Titan Quest II

HL3.exe

No Deus Ex on there, because they shit canned it.

So, not interested, thanks.

Edit: on a serious note, I hope that Gothic remake and KCD2 turn out well. Not sure about the rest of the list.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
No way this happens.
Think of it like this: Kingdom Come Deliverance Switch port, Biomutant Switch port, Lara Croft Collection (Guardian of Light + Temple of Osiris) Switch port, Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, Gothic 1 on Switch, Gothic 2 on Switch, Battlefront Classic Collection already gives us 7 games

That example are games from last fiscal year, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say

Last edited:
Metro looked nice. But will probably be a sales misfire due to VR exclusive and not just a VR-too game.
Titan Quest could be fun. And the Gothic remake too. Hope they keep its world nice and tight and don't expand it. Was already no fan of the praised Gothic2. Similar to Batman Arkham Asylum, the first one was just better, before everyone felt encouraged to mimick Bethesda and Rockstar.

Dazraell

Gold Member
And the Gothic remake too. Hope they keep its world nice and tight and don't expand it. Was already no fan of the praised Gothic2. Similar to Batman Arkham Asylum, the first one was just better, before everyone felt encouraged to mimick Bethesda and Rockstar.
I've been following news about it on their Discord and they released set of podcasts explaining their vision for this game. According to devs, it'll be very faithful to the original and keep its "small but dense" design, but it will be slightly expanded. World will be about 20% larger, they also plan to add more side quests and faction exclusive content

If you want to listen these podcasts, I once made a thread about them:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gothic-remake-dev-podcasts.1665056/

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Having worked with them firsthand, they always way overstate the number of titles that they'll actually launch - it's been this way for years. Nothing to see here, people.

nush

Having worked with them firsthand, they always way overstate the number of titles that they'll actually launch - it's been this way for years. Nothing to see here, people.

Back in the day lars sold me import Sega Saturn games at cost, even though that meant he was actually making a loss. I can't hate on the guy, bad boys 4 life.

I mean, I wouldn't have bought 111 game development studios to begin with.
That's understandable but they have to deal with the here and now. The only other option I can see is them combining studios who work within the same genres, but that means shelving multiple I.P. in favor of just developing a few.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Think of it like this: Kingdom Come Deliverance Switch port, Biomutant Switch port, Lara Croft Collection (Guardian of Light + Temple of Osiris) Switch port, Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, Gothic 1 on Switch, Gothic 2 on Switch, Battlefront Classic Collection already gives us 7 games

That example are games from last fiscal year, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say

Oh well, if that's how they are doing it then I couldn't care less.

Top Bottom