• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emilia Clarke dyes her hair blonde for Game of Thrones season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmfdmpig

I mean its a PR spin article? What should we be doing clapping like seals? Arf arf arf

I think that a response somewhere in between those two extremes is reasonable. A passing shrug or a "how bout that" seems like a well-adjusted reaction to this story, not incessant clapping or a hateful rant about how she's the worst.

With several of the GOT actors they may not be top-tier, but the worst ones are still serviceable. Turner, Harrington and Clarke have all improved quite a bit in the last few years and while they don't always elevate the material they have they rarely drag it down either.

So don't talk about actors who are part of the most popular TV show right now? Where's all this backlash coming from? Do you yell at people who start |OT| threads as PR spin doctors?

No, as there's a bigger body of subject to talk about in a show OT. Like the story, the plot, the characters and ones opinion on such matters.

This is a thread about an actress dying her hair. Outside of "that's cool" where did you think conversation was going to head?

Kayhan

Why do people hate Emilia? Her acting this past season was great, probably even the best of all the main cast. She's gorgeous, funny, sweet, passionate about her work, shes like the perfect girl, on top of being one of the coolest actresses there is and not fake like 99% of Hollywood.

I sincerely doubt any hates Emilia. The thread is just about goofing around.

Buckle

She's got really beautiful hair so happy to finally see her dye it for the show.

The wig has always been kind off.

Arkeband

Banned
The blurb about male Targaryens having short hair isn't quite right, nearly every depiction of them I've seen has shoulder length hair (or longer).

Why do people hate Emilia? Her acting this past season was great, probably even the best of all the main cast. She's gorgeous, funny, sweet, passionate about her work, shes like the perfect girl, on top of being one of the coolest actresses there is and not fake like 99% of Hollywood.

Man, I wish I was as positive as you. I think her acting fell off a cliff after season 1 (She was amazing in that season though). Season 2 had WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS, Season 3 was ok, Season 4 had the weird faces while screaming at the meereenese, and so on.

Jombie

What a performer. This is Daniel Day-Lewis/Jared Leto/Revenant Bear tier method acting. Incredible lengths. Award worthy. Magnificent. Maleficent. Sanctimoniously perfunctory. Give her all the Emmys.

That's some impressive hyperbole. Going by some of these responses, you would think Clarke killed your puppies or some shit.

She probably can't post anything without someone shouting 'oh, what a diva!.'

That's some impressive hyperbole. Going by some of these responses, you would think Clarke killed your puppies or some shit.

She probably can't post anything without someone shouting 'oh, what a diva!.'

Breh pls, I'm just poking fun at the thread/story. I thought the nonsense speak made that obvious :p

Emelia Clarke is a wonderful person, and her performance as Dangerous, Kale Leasy of Dragoons is scrumtrulescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom