• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emilia Clarke joining the MCU in Secret Invasion

ManaByte

Gold Member

Emilia Clarke is in final negotiations to join Marvel Studios’ “Secret Invasion,” the hot original series quickly coming together at Disney Plus.

The “Game of Thrones” headliner’s role is naturally under wraps, and marks her first foray into the Marvel universe. She joins previously-reported cast Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Kingsley Ben-Adir, and Olivia Colman.
Abigail Brand?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I wonder if she is just going to speak sternly about stuff then go crazy over a short period of time. 🤷‍♂️

ScythD

Game Eyebrow GIF

Fbh

Sure why not. Her acting isn't great but at least she's cute.

Hopefully they give her a role that fits her, though. She looked ridiculous as Sarah Connor

Last edited:
Already Pedro has come over. Slowly they will transfer over everyone from GOT. It is the way of things. These people have no imagination.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Considering her role got bigger and bigger through the course of the show, and the show got worse and worse, you can make a strong case that she helped tanked that too.
The way her character was handled in the last season was certainly a contributing factor to it being universally panned.

Ionian

The way her character was handled in the last season was certainly a contributing factor to it being universally panned.

Undoubtedly. But in fairness she was never great.

Cersei and Jamie dying had more impact. Hers was just a kinda finally got it over with.

Ionian

Pfft, good for her.

She was bloody awful.

It was what she had to act with and the speed of the production. (She deserved better)

Still shit though.

Imagine spending that money and it tanking and being the lead.

She was done very badly.

Ionian

Pfft, good for her.

Meh, she has a bad quick ending. As someone who read the books it was a "WTF".

But it is what it is I guess. A writers novel making him a multimillionaire. Hell I read them and was waiting.

And he dones't even care. He's bathing in the cash

It's over, gone, dusted.

EDIT: What ever happened to his going to a cabin in the woods during a pandemic.

SPOILER: Nothing

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Abigail Brand?

I really think Disney and Feige are really seizing the day with a stroke of genius getting these series onto Disney+: they work super well with their streaming model, they are captivating enough people would tune in week after week, and they match the experience of a comics book series even better than a movie would if handled properly (MCU movies took like 15 years to get to the end of the Infinity Saga).

ManaByte

Gold Member
I really think Disney and Feige are really seizing the day with a stroke of genius getting these series onto Disney+: they work super well with their streaming model, they are captivating enough people would tune in week after week, and they match the experience of a comics book series even better than a movie would if handled properly (MCU movies took like 15 years to get to the end of the Infinity Saga).

Yea the series are meant to be like weekly comic issues where the movies are the big events.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I hope she's much, much better in this than she was that Terminator movie and the Han Solo flick. She was not so good in those, IMO.

Hinedorf

Banned
She's bombed every movie she's touched since becoming the mother of dragons. Loved her on Game of Thrones and I've hated virtually every other role I've seen her in. Marvel stay away!

Hinedorf

Banned
Let's be real. She didn't cause the bombing of said films.
Ok will agree with you there but I will say this.....in every instance of her not in GoT I find myself watching her and not believing the character nor feeling her role is a quality addition to the movie she's in.

Without some type of context of her going through hell and back to become a badass she just does not resonate in any action-role whatsoever.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
She's bombed every movie she's touched since becoming the mother of dragons. Loved her on Game of Thrones and I've hated virtually every other role I've seen her in. Marvel stay away!
We'll see if her curse is finally broken. She usually tanks every IP she works on except GoT.
I thought Solo was decent.

200w.gif

You guys aren't wrong though.

Valonquar

Haven't liked her in anything she's been in. I know she was really sick during a lot of GoT, but it didn't help that she was miscast for that role anyhow IMHO.

MrMephistoX

This gives me hope that she’ll agree to be in the Lando series so they can follow up on the Maul cocktease: I think that cast would be perfect in a series like Young Indy instead of having the pressure of meeting box office numbers and all the baggage that comes with it. SOLO was good but it had no business being pressured into a $1b grossing film.

Last edited:
Top Bottom