• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem named best-selling artist of the decade, followed by the Beetles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Diablos said:
Are you kidding me? Most of Eminem's beats are extremely generic.

You are replying to someone who was talking more about Eminem's lyrics and flow and your reply was, "Nah, his beats suck." You really should stop commenting on hip hop.

And aside from that, no, not really. Em has had some great production on his 2nd through 4th albums with beats that absolutely were not "extremely generic", especially on MMLP and TES.

Diablos said:
Zeitgeist was a studio disaster and had the worst marketing campaign I can think of for an album in recent memory; don't put words in my mouth.

Me saying that you think Zeitgeist is simply "good" (note, I didn't even say "great" or "amazing") is putting words in your mouth? Really?

Diablos said:
Well, I just spent the best $70 of my life.

Alucard, I'm too happy right now to respond to yet another "I'm jumping on the bandwagon and hating on Corgan" argument. It's a great album. It's not Siamese Dream, but it's a great album.

Or how about a couple posts down where someone asks you, "Can you honestly tell me this is a good album?" and you reply simply, "Yes."

And I'm putting words in your mouth by saying you thought it was good? Right.

Diablos said:
You think I'm just complaining about sales because the Pumpkins didn't make it on? That's not even what I was thinking about when I saw this joke of a list. Are you that fucking stupid, or are you proving once more that you suck at trolling? :lol

No darling, if I thought that, I would have said that. I didn't even hint at that. Hilariously, this comes directly after you falsely accusing me of putting words in your mouth.

You're a person who has in the past gone into Eminem threads specifically to say, "Eminem is the most overrated artist ever," and you're trying to say I am somehow trolling you by replying to something you said here? Do you know what trolling is, Diablos? This ain't it.

If you don't like Eminem, that's absolutely fine. But you're sitting in a thread about his success trying to argue the silly notion that he isn't talented. Just stop.

Diablos

omfg wrong again said:
You are replying to someone who was talking more about Eminem's lyrics and flow and your reply was, "Nah, his beats suck." You really should stop commenting on hip hop.

And aside from that, no, not really. Em has had some great production on his 2nd through 4th albums with beats that absolutely were not "extremely generic", especially on MMLP and TES.
If we're going to play the "tell me what I can't say" card because I don't agree with you, you should stop commenting on music altogether, because you never have anything good to say. Few gaffers have been so quick to defend the most generic, boring, overrated shit that has clogged the mainstream for the past 10 years.

I'll say whatever I want about Eminem; his beats are mostly boring, his flow is okay but it's nothing worthy of the praise that it gets.

me said:
Well, I just spent the best $70 of my life.

Alucard, I'm too happy right now to respond to yet another "I'm jumping on the bandwagon and hating on Corgan" argument. It's a great album. It's not Siamese Dream, but it's a great album.

The $70 would be for a concert ticket, first of all, and I still have no shame in saying that and never will.

I was hyped for Zeitgeist like many other Pumpkins fans and later realized that it was not that great, even if many of the songs themselves were, but once again poorly represented on the album due to such awful production values. Did you think I would have a hard time admitting to this, embarrassed or something by you quoting me from like two years ago? :lol Seriously?

omfg srsly dead wrong said:
No darling,
Don't.

You're a person who has in the past gone into Eminem threads specifically to say, "Eminem is the most overrated artist ever," and you're trying to say I am somehow trolling you by replying to something you said here? Do you know what trolling is, Diablos? This ain't it.
I primarily went into this thread to express my disliking of this list, and how awful it is that a lot of this crap remained popular enough to sell as much as it did. I'm entitled to enter this thread and say that as many others have. Being that Eminem is #1 and I find him overrated to begin with, yes, I'll gladly single him out among the others if I feel like it. Get the fuck over it.

If you don't like Eminem, that's absolutely fine. But you're sitting in a thread about his success trying to argue the silly notion that he isn't talented. Just stop.
How about you stop digging up old posts of mine from a Smashing Pumpkins thread and get over yourself? There was nothing wrong with what I initially said, you had to go "lol this coming from the guy who likes Zeitgeist, harhar" as if that had anything to do with why I posted here in the first place. :lol So silly, but then again, so are you.

Nice try, though.

benita316

Banned
gdt5016 said:
It also shows they are and were bigger than Michael Jackson.

Jus sayin.

Oh please. 1 was the first comprehensive Beatles greatest hits and provided over 1/3rd of their total sales. Remastering the entire catalogue for the first time since 1987 also provided an artificial inflation.

Casual Beatles fans had nothing to buy in the 70's, 80's and 90's when Jacko was pumping out new records so when 1 and the remasters hit, they went nuts.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
benita316 said:
Oh please. 1 was the first comprehensive Beatles greatest hits and provided over 1/3rd of their total sales. Remastering the entire catalogue for the first time since 1987 also provided an artificial inflation.

Casual Beatles fans had nothing to buy in the 70's, 80's and 90's when Jacko was pumping out new records so when 1 and the remasters hit, they went nuts.
Wouldn't they have been buying the solo stuff?

BTW, I don't think the remastered sold THAT WELL.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Prine said:
MJ still holds 50% of Beatles right?
I actually believe that he split it even further in a new deal with Sony due to his bad finances, leaving him with 25%, but I'm not sure how that deal ended.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
XCell9200 said:
Fuck, I always thought 'beetle' was spelled 'beatle' and I only now get the pun.

I'm 22. :(
You think you get the pun now, but you only understand two-thirds of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_music
There, now you understand it completely.

Also, I've never understood, and never will understand, how anyone can possibly take Eminem seriously.

Tupac >>>>>>>>>

He had the sense to sample music, good on top, not shitastic spastic beats and bass; then his raps were of substance. Rap isn't my thing but the last decade it has just gotten worse and worse.

Run Tha Streetz
sampled Piece of My Love by Guy

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Eminem named best-selling artist of the decade

4vmnvd.jpg

WingM@n

SoulPlaya said:
I actually believe that he split it even further in a new deal with Sony due to his bad finances, leaving him with 25%, but I'm not sure how that deal ended.
The deal ended that MJ's estate still owns 50% of the beatles catalogue, and 50% of the ATV catalogue. He never had to sell half his share of the beatles catalogue, and now his estate is almost out of dept, the catalogue is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom