• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

End of Eternity News thread (Sega x tri-Ace, 360/PS3)

mAcOdIn

-DarKaoZ- said:
Yeah, we are doing it. It should be up tonight or tomorrow. :D
Sweet, hoping I can buy this tomorrow at midnight instead of GoW III lol, but who am I kidding, it's Sega, probably be Wednesday before I can get it.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
There are no reviews for this yet!

Man, I want to know more about it!

Still deciding whether I should get it or not.

I have the money! :D
I have a good feeling it'll be a better game than Final Fantasy XIII (EDIT: On a qualitative standpoint, despite what reviews might say). I predict scores in the 8-9 range.

I have a good feeling it'll be a better game than Final Fantasy XIII (EDIT: On a qualitative standpoint, despite what reviews might say). I predict scores in the 8-9 range.
Maybe. But I don't think so.

I think FFXIII is good and definitely deserves more praise than it's been getting, although some criticisms are valid and rightfully so.

As long as Resonance of Fate gets a 8 or higher, I'll get it. Any lower than I'll wait for it to get a price drop later on or if it's on sale.

Dresden said:
I think I'll wait to see if EDGE gives it a 5. Will buy if they do so.
I know you're joking, but I think Edge will give RoF a 7.

They do that just to stir things up. I think they enjoy seeing internet FF fanboys talk up a storm about their scores.

Dresden

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I know you're joking, but I think Edge will give RoF a 7.

They do that just to stir things up. I think they enjoy seeing internet FF fanboys talk up a storm about their scores.
I think it'll depend on just how awesome their battle system is. I don't know, I see a 6 or maybe a 7 from Edge, and maybe 8's across the board for the other gaming mags. I have a feeling that many people are going to find a fault with the game's presentation, especially in the wake of final fantasy.

Regardless, I'll probably get it as soon as I get done with XIII.

Llyranor

Don't really care about reviews, but awaiting GAF impressions. Particularly duckroll's. He completely sold me on FFXIII (and was spot on in his description of the combat system, which I'm absolutely loving). The RoF demo was fun, and the combat shows promise, but I'm still undecided - depends on how fleshed out the gameplay ends up being.

kagete said:
Thought this was out today? Amazon says my order ships on the 19th now instead...
Still says the 16th on amazon, although I am not scheduled to receive my copy till the 19th with two day shipping. Doesn't exactly add up, but probably just an overestimate.

kagete

Well Amazon normally has the game ony my doorstep on release date. Not like i'm going to play this anytime soon. I'm still playing FF13, albeit at a much slower pace now that I got to the first "non-linear" portion and realized how poorly executed it really was

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
duckroll said:
So I'm kinda puzzled. Usually when a game is actually coming out, especially a 360 game, people report getting the game early days in advance. Why isn't that the case here?

Eh, I can chime in from a (Canadian) retail point of view. The game probably isn't going to be available tomorrow. We didn't even have it in our system until yesterday, and we don't have any 'in transit' or 'on order' - so unless we get a sort of surprise shipment, odds are it wont even be here until next week.

Who knows, maybe retailers in the states will have better luck.

xero273

kagete said:
Well Amazon normally has the game ony my doorstep on release date. Not like i'm going to play this anytime soon. I'm still playing FF13, albeit at a much slower pace now that I got to the first "non-linear" portion and realized how poorly executed it really was

Amazon isn't doing release date delivery for RoF.

Volcynika

xero273 said:
Amazon isn't doing release date delivery for RoF.

Yeah, the only way to get your copy on the release date is to live very close to a distribution center if they're not offering release date delivery.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Maybe it will happen the same with Yakuza 3, in my local store they just got Yakuza 3 yesterday. :lol

Man, Sega can sometimes be stupid, they should take advantage of those midnights and make it so people can go and buy their games too.

I already have RoF and GOW3 paid off, I wanted to just go and pick them both up at the same time, but it seems I will have to wait for RoF. =(

Pooya

there is a review on metacritic. didn't see it here.81/100 from 9Lives.
from the review
+ Unique combat system
+ Strategic gameplay
+ Puzzle Elements while exploring
+ Steam Punk setting
- Steep learning curve
- Graphics

Dead

well not really...yet
Best Buy has the game listed in stock on their website for store pickup, which should mean its currently sitting in their backroom

I doubt the game will be hard to find

Dead said:
Best Buy has the game listed in stock on their website for store pickup, which should mean its currently sitting in their backroom

I doubt the game will be hard to find
did you click to add to the cart? could be where it's not there really.

online says March 17, 2010 for ETA.

BluWacky

Just as a heads-up to fellow UK buyers, the game's down to £32.85 on Shopto (I know, credit card fraud etc., but it's a pretty good price for a new game).

Not out until next Friday, but then who knows if it's even coming out at all at the moment...

Volcynika

pancakesandsex said:
My amazon pre-order says it'll ship the 22nd. Same day as Infinite Space.

Amazon is confusing to me now:

End of Eternity

Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: March 19, 2010
(Two day shipping)

Infinite Space

Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: April 5, 2010
(Two day shipping)

:|

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
This game has to have one of the worst manuals I've ever seen. Tiny ass, blurry screen shots with loads of text jammed onto every page. This is a disappointing visual package that SEGA put together. Shit. If I was Joe Consumer and I picked this up off the shelf at the game store, I would put it back.

The back of the box has the most muddied, murky-looking screenshots I've seen in some time. You can't tell what's going on and it just seems they are screaming: "HEY YOU LIKE CALL OF DUTY?! THIS GAME HAS GUNS IN IT!"

I really hope my printing of it is a bad copy because this game deserves better. SEGA is a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point.

El_TigroX said:
This game has to have one of the worst manuals I've ever seen. Tiny ass, blurry screen shots with loads of text jammed onto every page. This is a disappointing visual package that SEGA put together. Shit. If I was Joe Consumer and I picked this up off the shelf at the game store, I would put it back.

The back of the box has the most muddied, murky-looking screenshots I've seen in some time. You can't tell what's going on and it just seems they are screaming: "HEY YOU LIKE CALL OF DUTY?! THIS GAME HAS GUNS IN IT!"

I really hope my printing of it is a bad copy because this game deserves better. SEGA is a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point.
that's money they saved!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Amazon has my PS3 copy of RoF slated for a 3/19 delivery; and Infinite Space slated for a 4/2 delivery. :/

kagete

Wait, you have the retail game? Impressions dude, manuals and cover art get a by from me anyway. Need some gameplay hype bro

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
kagete said:
Wait, you have the retail game? Impressions dude, manuals and cover art get a by from me anyway. Need some gameplay hype bro

As soon as I can get home and play a bit. Work = life right now. :(

A game shouldn't necessarily be judged on its cover or manual, but I find it sad that companies don't craft these things (particularly the cover) to get consumer attention. If there is one place not to skimp, it's the box. Make it look so damn good that people can't put it down and can't stop staring.

This box stands out for being murky, blurry and otherwise just depressing.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
El_TigroX said:

A game shouldn't necessarily be judged on its cover or manual, but I find it sad that companies don't craft these things (particularly the cover) to get consumer attention. If there is one place not to skimp, it's the box. Make it look so damn good that people can't put it down and can't stop staring.

This box stands out for being murky, blurry and otherwise just depressing.

Can you say where did you got it from? Gamestop or another place? And what state are you at?

BTW... I also want your credit card number...

lol j/k

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
-DarKaoZ- said:
Can you say where did you got it from? Gamestop or another place? And what state are you at?

BTW... I also want your credit card number...

lol j/k

NY, NY - a local establishment that shall remain nameless.

well if they got it in then most likely Gamespot here will have it tuesday/wednesday. No rush to get the game. very big backlog right now :lol. But i hope they printed enough copies ;\

Varion

BluWacky said:
Just as a heads-up to fellow UK buyers, the game's down to £32.85 on Shopto (I know, credit card fraud etc., but it's a pretty good price for a new game).
You had me until credit card fraud :lol

If Amazon UK was selling it for £29.99 like they have been a bunch of games lately I'd be right on this, but with a load of final semester university work to deal with and a backlog I think I'll just wait for a price drop/more opinions.

El_TigroX said:

Will you play with English voices? I really like the English dub from small story trailers, Leanne voice is the best imo :D

Myself I have nothing to play apart from Infinite Space, SMT, and Resonance of Fate. I will get this and then it's PS2 games (P4, FFXII) till I don't know when.

BluWacky

Castor Krieg said:
Myself I have nothing to play apart from Infinite Space, SMT, and Resonance of Fate. I will get this and then it's PS2 games (P4, FFXII) till I don't know when.

You have nothing to play other than 50-hour long RPGs? What a hard life...

I'm hoping I'll have at least finished the story of FFXIII by the time this comes out, although I don't really want to rush it as I'm enjoying it so much at the moment.

Dresden

"Hey, do you know when Resonance of Fate is coming in?"

"Resonance of what?"

"Fate, it's supposed to be out this week."

"Let me check, is it like a DS game?"

"No, it's for the 360 or the PS3."

Fail marketing, Sega.

Rpgmonkey

Put the OT up. Would've did it last night but it was extremely late by time I was done and I wanted to have the energy to make any needed edits soon.

Sorry it's so skimpy outside of the battlesystem section. There isn't a whole lot to find or say...

Top Bottom