• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Mother 3 Patch Thread! It's go time!

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Gravijah said:
Stop lying to the man, the electronic FBI will hunt him down and he'll have to go into witness protection and stuff. :(
Thank you!

Finally, someone who knows what I'm talking about.

*readjusts tin foil hat*

Gravijah

But seriously, no one cares. Especially not Nintendo This is Mother we're talking about, here. Buy a copy, read up on ways to patch it, patch in the way most comfortable to you.

Just started playing this again after losing interest multiple times during the first few hours. I think I am hooked though. The style of the art and overall charm is too much for me to resist. The translation is fantastic from what I have seen. I feel compelled to talk to every NPC just to hear what quirky thing they will say.

However, I am incredibly pissed about something being spoiled.
In the recent "memorable boss fight" thread someone posted the sprite of your older brother. No explanation or anything. I think I just got one of the biggest surprises in the game ruined...and now I want to punch a wall. At least I don't know the how or why. I guess I should just enjoy the journey for what it is.

Gravijah

That's one reason I stay away from "post your favorite X" threads. I've had too much spoiled in my lifetime. But just keep playing. Trust me.

Gravijah said:
That's one reason I stay away from "post your favorite X" threads. I've had too much spoiled in my lifetime. But just keep playing. Trust me.

Yeah, sometimes those threads are like minefields for spoilers.

Seeing how people are willing to replay Mother 3 multiple times I think I am in for a treat. Can't wait to really get into the game. Still on CH1 so I figure the best is yet to come.

GrumpyAlien, I wouldn't be too worried about that spoiler. I, too, read about that one ahead of time, far before I even knew what Mother 3 was, but the game makes a point of taking the attention away from that fact and emphasizing the experience. You'll see what I mean.

Incredible things happen in Mother 3, especially with smaller details -- the people of Tazmily moving about their lives being a great example of this -- which are very difficult to digest in a single playthrough. This game became one of my all-time favorites, and I've played it multiple times to do just that, which is something I can say of very few games. If you treat Mother 3 like a living, breathing world, you'll be surprised at what you can find. The game's creator, Itoi, said that the game becomes greater the more you think about it, which initially sounds rather pretentious, but it's proven to be true for me, at least. It is truly a fantastic game, and I implore you to savor every moment and every detail.

Narolf

Banned
GrumpyAlien said:
Just started playing this again after losing interest multiple times during the first few hours. I think I am hooked though. The style of the art and overall charm is too much for me to resist. The translation is fantastic from what I have seen. I feel compelled to talk to every NPC just to hear what quirky thing they will say.

However, I am incredibly pissed about something being spoiled.
In the recent "memorable boss fight" thread someone posted the sprite of your older brother. No explanation or anything. I think I just got one of the biggest surprises in the game ruined...and now I want to punch a wall. At least I don't know the how or why. I guess I should just enjoy the journey for what it is.

For a first post on GAF, it had been quite devastating. Sorry pal.

I had been more or less spoiled that part too, when I was simply looking for some tracks of the OST on Youtube. It didn't ruin my experience, not that much.

Narolf said:
For a first post on GAF, it had been quite devastating. Sorry pal.

I had been more or less spoiled that part too, when I was simply looking for some tracks of the OST on Youtube. It didn't ruin my experience, not that much.

Its alright I will get over it. Best for me to just take in the whole package rather than obsess over that one detail as if it was the end-all be all of the narrative.

This is Aeana's favorite RPG? Wow! After seeing that list of Aeana's finished RPGs in that one thread this means a lot.

Aeana

Yeah. Unfortunately, I think a lot of its brilliance isn't immediately apparent. The first time you play, you probably aren't paying too much attention to smaller details or even the bigger picture like Tazmily. It keeps on giving for me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
hmfgQ.jpg

http://magicalgametime.com/post/7326125712/ive-been-talking-about-earthbound-so-much-i

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Well this is a blast from the past.

I guess I'll add that I received my unofficial Mother 3 players guide from FanGamer. It's so well crafted. Even better than any special edition official players guide. I really need to do another playthrough.

Well this is a blast from the past.

I guess I'll add that I received my unofficial Mother 3 players guide from FanGamer. It's so well crafted. Even better than any special edition official players guide. I really need to do another playthrough.

I really wish I had the money then to get that guide in the past. Do they have it anymore?

Can I abuse this thread to tell German-GAF that I'm fan-translating Mother 3 into German?
Because I am. About 50% done, too (I've been working on it for over a year now).

If anyone wants more info about the translation process, I'll be glad to share it. :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Can I abuse this thread to tell German-GAF that I'm fan-translating Mother 3 into German?
Because I am. About 50% done, too (I've been working on it for over a year now).

If anyone wants more info about the translation process, I'll be glad to share it. :)

Are you translating the original Japanese text, or the translation?

Are you translating the original Japanese text, or the translation?

I'm working with Tomato's English script and tools and translate the game from there. Every other fan-translation is working with that as well, which isn't a bad thing since it's really well translated and has a lot of notes if something differs from the original Japanese text (mostly stuff that wouldn't make sense if translated literally).

Also I don't know Japanese. :(

My setup? Gameboy Player for gamecube with Mother 3 inside of it. I'm rocking this fuckin' masterpiece on my big screen and I can't stop jizzing.

Seik

Banned
Dat bump.

I imported a complete version about a year ago, yet I never installed the patch nor played it. I only remember messing with the sound test to quickly listen the OST.

Should I finish my copy of Earthbound before playing this one or it doesn't really matters?

Conezays

Dat bump.

I imported a complete version about a year ago, yet I never installed the patch nor played it. I only remember messing with the sound test to quickly listen the OST.

Should I finish my copy of Earthbound before playing this one or it doesn't really matters?

I wouldn't say it's 100 % necessary but you might as well given you (theoretically) are already an Earthbound fan?

Top Bottom