• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 for PS4 introduces frequent stuttering

Slaythe

square enix is the world's most incompetent developer

Hey, this just came out.

4e2613395730bb9b837151164438b429.jpg

:p

Slaythe

But is this english version being tested without a possible day one patch?

We don't know, but given the track record of Square Enix with those games, better be safe than sorry.

It's possible they already know about these issues and will at least fix the stuttering day one.

Or it's possible they had no clue.

We don't know, but given the track record of Square Enix with those games, better be safe than sorry.

It's possible they already know about these issues and will at least fix the stuttering day one.

Or it's possible they had no clue.

It's really strange that the english version has a issue not present in the Japanese one. Did the Japanese one had a day one patch?

It's really strange that the english version has a issue not present in the Japanese one. Did the Japanese one had a day one patch?
the JP version had a 5gb day one patch but all the reported issues were with it installed. save crashes, physics,etc

square is incompetent. just like with the ps3 versions, somehow there are more bugs present than in the JP version.

DylanEno

They've finally gotten to the point where they've milked this franchise so dry, they don't even give enough of a fuck to fix their shit because they know people will keep buying it.

Vashetti

Banned
Why are there bug differences between English and Japanese releases?

Surely the underlying code is the same, the only differing thing being language?

Or am I grossly simplifying this?

And KH2FM is pretty much the only game that anyone's going to like bother to test, so for all we know, KH1FM might be similarly busted.

Byvar

Is this a pro thing or original or both?
The streamer in the OP is playing on a standard PS4. No idea whether this occurs on the Pro or not.
It did but it fixed nothing, though they had another patch 10 days after the game came out (patch 1.02, which the streamer in the OP is running on) which fixed 1 or 2 out of all the issues. It looks like they might work on patching a few other issues, but since they shipped the English version with all these English-exclusive bugs that were already present in the PS3 version, I'd guess they don't think these are worth fixing, or they're completely unaware of them. And in that case, I hope this thread helps to make them aware that people don't like camera stuttering.

I hope all of these issues are fixed. I was really looking forward to jumping into the series with this collection. I've even been watching all the classic Disney films I haven't seen (most of them) this month.

It did but it fixed nothing, though they had another patch 10 days after the game came out (patch 1.02, which the streamer in the OP is running on) which fixed 1 or 2 out of all the issues. It looks like they might work on patching a few other issues, but since they shipped the English version with all these English-exclusive bugs that were already present in the PS3 version, I'd guess they don't think these are worth fixing, or they're completely unaware of them. And in that case, I hope this thread helps to make them aware that people don't like camera stuttering.

I get it that many issues are unsolved in the Japanese version, but people who tested it without the day one patch reported stuttering issues or nobody tested without it?

Surely the underlying code is the same, the only differing thing being language?

Yes. Some bugs are the result of invalid memory access which means the exact effects depends on memory state which obviously changes with different language text in memory. Sometimes clever optimisation goes wrong because English tends to be much longer than Japanese text. And sometimes you get weird string termination conditions etc.

JayEH

For the stuttering the theory is they are loading the English text on top of the loading Japanese text.

Byvar

I get it that many issues are unsolved in the Japanese version, but people who tested it without the day one patch reported stuttering issues ir nobody tested without it?
The Japanese version never had any stuttering issues, even without the day one patch. This is exclusive to the English version (just like it was on PS3). The Japanese day one patch also works on this English version but does not fix the stuttering issues.

What the fuck, Square! Thankfully, none of these stuff seems to really affect gameplay but none of this should be present at all. I can only hope there's a Day 1 patch.

HeeHo

I have 0 interest in replaying any of the Kingdom Hearts games, but I wouldn't count on S-E to address this right away. It took an incredibly long time for them to address WoFF.

The Japanese version never had any stuttering issues, even without the day one patch. This is exclusive to the English version (just like it was on PS3). The Japanese day one patch also works on this English version but does not fix the stuttering issues.

Thanks, this is really bad.

Kremzeek

if this isn't fixed i may cancel my preorder.

i already played thru BBS & KH1 on PS3..... i was getting this for PS4 so i can own the "complete" disc, but may reconsider if this is ass.

Oh this was a thing? Well I'm cancelling that preorder asap. If the patch fixes it I'll probably pick it up during a dry spell.

Byvar

Maybe I'm blind, but I just watched those videos and didn't notice anything strange or delayed.
I gotta say me neither lol.
How about now? YouTube updated the time of the video somehow (it wasn't processed completely yet) so all of the OP's links linked to the wrong moments in the video. Hopefully it's fixed now.
That's fantastic, I hope they fix the English issues as well since they talk about "matching the JP update", which may imply they're only fixing issues present in the JP version.

BigEmil

So is this the inferior version to ps3 collection?
Even with the little extra bugs nope PS4 version still definitive. 1080p 60fps with much faster loading times and all in one discs. KH 1.5 on PS3 is 810p with no aa aswell.
Plus there's a chance for more patches to fix the bugs whereas PS3 bugs no chance for anymore patches it's abandoned

Really excited to have the entire KH series on PS4, but I'm gonna wait for them to fix these problems before picking it up.

Even with the little extra bugs nope PS4 version still definitive. 1080p 60fps with much faster loading times and all in one discs. KH 1.5 on PS3 is 810p with no aa aswell.
Plus there's a chance for more patches to fix the bugs whereas PS3 bugs no chance for anymore patches it's abandoned
I'm pretty sure 1.5 had AA while 2.5 didn't

Top Bottom