• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enjoy random ass games I’ve dreamt up

Elcid

Banned
Enjoy these three game ideas I’ve dreamt up over the years. Dumping them here so I never forget them for real.

Idea 1, most recently dreamt -
Scenario: Cruise ship or Hotel
100 players. 99 survivors, 1 murderer.
Last man standing. The survivors cannot hurt the killer BUT can hurt/kill each other, setup traps, and use other survivors as bait/obstacles to slow down the killer. Last survivor standing wins. Beginning room would be everyone getting out of their rooms at the same time into a big blocked hallway. They can push, shove, fight, etc. to breakout of the hallway into the main areas. Certain obstacles/rooms require multiple survivors to cooperate to access/pass. Think Dead by Daylight on crack.

Idea 2 - Think Cabin in the Woods FPS. Start with your wife at the mall. RNG scenario is triggered and you’re split up. Zombies, aliens, Russia, etc. FPS where your town is being invaded and you have no choice but to become a badass and retrieve your wife, and maybe save your town.

Idea 3 - Apocalyptic scenario where you have to defend your homestead. You manage your homestead of NPCs, wife, kids, etc. You can recruit additional NPCs but with every random stranger you bring in you introduce risk. You can raise/train your NPCs to do certain things to expand your homestead or scavenge and grow or defend. You can also leave your homestead to go into town and scavenge/quest. Every time you leave your home and family you risk attack and not coming home. Death is permanent and if your main character dies you become someone else in the homestead and continue the line of survival.

I have weird dreams.

Last edited:

bbeach123

I got bored with realistic scifi space game like eve , starcitizen , elite dangerous already . I dont know why people not add fantasy into it .

Imaging you raiding space monster on spaceship with your guild , go into a dungeon/instance inside a space monster with the size of the moon . City in the middle of the space like Asgard . SPace station look like fortress of doom in Doom eternal . Demon invade that spawn space monster attacking your space station .

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Idea 1, most recently dreamt -
Scenario: Cruise ship or Hotel
100 players. 99 survivors, 1 murderer.
Last man standing. The survivors cannot hurt the killer BUT can hurt/kill each other, setup traps, and use other survivors as bait/obstacles to slow down the killer. Last survivor standing wins. Beginning room would be everyone getting out of their rooms at the same time into a big blocked hallway. They can push, shove, fight, etc. to breakout of the hallway into the main areas. Certain obstacles/rooms require multiple survivors to cooperate to access/pass. Think Dead by Daylight on crack.
The part where you talk about all players being trapped in a big blocked hallway getting murdered by the killer reminded me of MGSV's prologue at the hospital:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
LESBIANS? Fuck off with your gender defining noun use!

They are aggressive NON BINARY, GENDER QUEER INDIVIDUALS, YOU NAZI.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom