• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 TV Shows 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
tumblr_nflytfIeU91ryw9fko1_500.gif

Happy to see Hannibal at least get on the list. Should be at top though.

My top five shows:

01. Hannibal
02. Penny Dreadful
03. Eric Andre Show
04. Adventure Time
05. GoT (starting to suck though)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I watch almost everything on that list. My taste in TV almost feels slightly validated now.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
True Detective was better than Fargo. It should be on the list.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I....dont like the amy shumer show...Key and Peele definitely have comedy central on lock down right now. I still have to check out Fargo, where is True Detective? of course my show Mad Men is on there.

I already miss Ladies Man

AngryMoth

Hmm think I should start watching Recitfy.

Biggest omission here imo is The Americans, had a brilliant 2nd season this year

AkuMifune

Banned
List needs to show some love for Happy Valley, what a great show.

Yeah Happy Valley needs to be there. Final season of The Killing and Peaky Blinders, if Netflix counts. Ripper Street was better than most of those as well. I dunno, games are tough, but TV is really subjective I guess.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So happy to see somebody recognise Rectify, and put it up so high in the list.

I don't get how people say True Detective had a weak ending, then praise Fargo at the same time. Fargo suffered a lot with a pointless storyline, and probably could have used fewer episodes.

rexor0717

I'm glad that Rectify is up there. I've only seen season 1 but it was great. I'd put True Detective over Game of Thrones though.

Opiate

It's a show that released on Amazon to widespread praise, but went relatively unnoticed because it's on Amazon.

I highly recommend it, as it's thematically much more complex than any TV show I've watched in many years.

Yeah I really don't get that either. Really strange. I mean, it's not like the ending was terrible either. So I wonder what people hated about it.

Fargo was really good, but I don't think it will make my top ten for the year. The big misses on this list for me out of what I've seen are Mad Men, still good but no longer top ten material, and Louie, which had its first bad season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The TV Show of the Year voting thread will be up in a week or two, so hold off on posting your lists until then guys! :)

Snaku

Banned
Anything lower than 5 for Hannibal is an insult, it's in another league compared to these other shows whether you enjoy it or not.

maxcriden

Ah, hmm. I really can't help but feel like my tastes are way out of sync with the zeitgeist when I see a top ten list like this that's entirely shows I don't care for and/or aren't my kind of thing. Ah well. More black-ish and Jane The Virgin for me!

amrod

Where to watch them...

10) Hannibal = Netflix Canada / Sweden
09) The Good Wife = Netflix Canada / UK
08) Game of Thrones = hbogo.com
07) Mad Men = Netflix Canada / USA / Sweden
06) Inside Amy Schumer = Hulu / Amazon Prime
05) Louie = Netflix USA / Amazon Prime
04) Please Like Me = ???
03) Fargo = Netflix Netherlands
02) Rectify = www.sundance.tv
01) Transparent = Amazon Prime

Can't find #4 anywhere

Empty

Yeah I really don't get that either. Really strange. I mean, it's not like the ending was terrible either. So I wonder what people hated about it.

endless parade of plot contrivances, backed up by lots of self-congratulation but little of any real weight.

Ogni-XR21

#1 is well deserved. Transparent was the best thing I've watched this year, binged it in 2 days... it's only ten 30 minutes episodes.

nullref

Does Hannibal get significantly better in the second season? I watched the first season and wasn't really impressed -- it was OK, but isn't something I'd continue to make time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom