• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enthusia pics and movie...

They're updating because of the Game Convention in Leipzig.

ASTVAN_ALF147_02_retuch_01.jpg

ALF147_ASTVAN_AUDTTC_VWGOL_.jpg

VWGOL_AUDTTC_05_retuch_09.jpg

VWGOL_ALF147_02_retuch_01.jpg

Movie:

http://www.konamistudio.com/enthusia/Media/ADSL/movie01.wmv

It's the full real car vs. Enthusia car comparison. No interview this time.

http://www.enthusia-racing.com/eng/index.html

ourumov said:
I think it looks good...but nowhere as good as GT4. Anyways the look is more realistic than Forza...

GT4 looks better in replays, but when you are playing, Enthusia looks better with far less shimmering than GT4.

Andy787

Banned
Wow. Was I looking at a different game before? Because I distinctly remember shrugging off a realistic looking Konami racer during E3 that looked pretty bland and unimpressive. But this looks fantastic, almost on par with GT4. Who the hell is developing this for Konami?

Laurent said:
Physics eh? Are they trying to make physics look like fun? ;oP

Not really, but it's a sim racer so showing sim fans that they've actually got down an important part of cars (the physics) is a good thing.

"Who the hell is developing this for Konami?"

KCES, the producer of the game though previously worked on Rage Racer.

ourumov

GT4 looks better in replays, but when you are playing, Enthusia looks better with far less shimmering than GT4.
I am a Konami whore but texture detail, car modelling and environment treatment seem better to me in Gt4.

ourumov said:
I am a Konami whore but texture detail, car modelling and environment treatment seem better to me in Gt4.

When you are looking down the road driving, the shimmering of GT4 is still very distracting to me. I saw none of that while playing Enthusia. Thus my comment. Also, while driving, environments, textures and cars look not far at all from GT4.

That was back in E3, so mayne things changed for the better in GT4's shimmering department (doubtful though).

gtmax

I think this game is the only ligitimate competition to GT4. The physics looks more realistic so far, and if they let you flip the cars...

That video was very impressive.

Laurent

This game looks like a good competitor to Gran Turismo 4. I am not saying it looks better, but it certainly looks like a good alternative...

eso76

ourumov said:

A WHOLE LOT better in GT4, but the overall effect comes close during replays. Well, no one was able to come this close to gt4 (during replays) yet, so kudos.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shogmaster said:
When you are looking down the road driving, the shimmering of GT4 is still very distracting to me. I saw none of that while playing Enthusia. Thus my comment. Also, while driving, environments, textures and cars look not far at all from GT4.

That was back in E3, so mayne things changed for the better in GT4's shimmering department (doubtful though).

i'll second shogmasters remarks.

i dont know why enthusia seems to have gotten negative impressions from the GA crowd, it seemed pretty damn sweet at e3 to me *shrugs

It's not so much that there's a negative impression, there just wasn't that much that came out on E3 about it. It just seemed like it was a GT4 vs. Forza battle (PS2 vs. Xbox). So Konami's smart for putting this gem out next year so it'll be able to grab alot of attention once those games are released.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What is the frame rate like? If it isn't 60fps, you might as well kill all that '*** vs. GT4' talk.

Furthermore, Forza, Ethusia etc. What do they bring to the table that's *new*. Seems like everyone is just trying to be as good as GT4.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
DaCocoBrova said:
What is the frame rate like? If it isn't 60fps, you might as well kill all that '*** vs. GT4' talk.

Furthermore, Forza, Ethusia etc. What do they bring to the table that's *new*. Seems like everyone is just trying to be as good as GT4.

not to sure aout enthusia (which is 60), but forza will have crazy car customization. body mods, user created paint and decals, as well as engine swaps and all kinds of shit. gt4 doesnt offer anything like that at least

Top Bottom