• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games now suing Norwich's Fortnite Live festival

Shin

Banned
Fortnite maker Epic Games has begun legal proceedings against the organisers of Norwich's calamitous Fortnite Live festival.
East Anglia's first Fortnite fest made international headlines over the weekend for being a total balls-up.

Ticket prices were too high, the attractions were terrible, and families who did pay were left queuing in the cold. Some refunds were issued on the day, but the event's Facebook page has now disappeared.
Very little at the event was actually related to Fornite and absolutely none of it was officially licensed - despite the widespread use of Fortnite's name, logo and characters.

In a statement issued to Eurogamer today, Epic said it was now taking legal action.

"The quality of our player experience is incredibly important to us, whether it's inside the game or at official public events like last year's Fortnite Pro-Am," an Epic Games spokesperson said.
"Epic Games was not in any way associated with the event that took place in Norwich and we've issued a claim against the organisers in the High Court of London."

UPDATE:
Following Epic Games' announcement that it would be pursuing legal action against the company responsible for Norwich's disastrous, unofficial Fortnite event, the organiser, Exciting Events, says it has been "forced... to cease all trading activities immediately".

Credit: Eurogamer

"[It was] like the episode of Father Ted when the fair comes to Craggy Island,"

giphy.gif

Zephir

That's an understatement of the year. It looks like a filthy scam aimed at children to be honest.

oh, it is, definitely!

It's just that I'm so used to these lame cheap events where I live (especially comic/gaming events) that i'm not that surprised anymore...

with that said, i'm ok with epic taking action...somebody needs to be punished for not realizing all of THAT was not going to end well

These kinds of shitty gimmick events seem to happen all the time in the UK, I don't know how (or why) people haven't wised up to them.

Top Bottom