• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Warns Fortnite Leakers to Not Leak Today's Star Wars Event

ManaByte

Gold Member

Fortnite is doing an event this afternoon with JJ Abrams and new Star Wars footage, so Epic threatened known leakers that they better not dare leak the content before the event.

ManaByte

Gold Member
probably a star destroyer fleet showing up or some shit.

They're debuting a clip. The leakers will find the video when they datamine the files and JJ of course doesn't want the footage all over social media and YouTube before it debuts in the game.

Caffeine

They're debuting a clip. The leakers will find the video when they datamine the files and JJ of course doesn't want the footage all over social media and YouTube before it debuts in the game.
they have already shown 5 trailers and 30 tv spots what else do they have to show.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Epic: Goes out of their way to politely request something, informs that they have partners for this that don’t share their values, and specifically addresses that it’s not a threat.

OP: epiC tHreAteNed knOwN leaKeRs

Did you even read the part about Disney's lawyers?

TheShocker

I would t be surprised if some neckbeard loser leaks whatever it is. I don’t even like fortnite but it’s just the principle of ruining stuff for others.

Omali

Given you'd be looking at action from Epic who have sued more than one person breaching NDA, and Disney who are heavily litigious, you'd have to be a pretty stupid person to leak this event.

plushyp

Is there something left to leak?. lol.
Maybe they are adding the Han Solo dance from Star Wars Kinect

4ayb3aoy3qx01.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
On the bright side, we’re going to get a comprehensive look at which posters actually take a second to read the whole OP before commenting, versus checking the title, or a few words, and rushing in to offer a hot take.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Lame throwaway scene. There was a big lightsaber battle afterwards though which was pretty neat.

Yeah. Can basically be summed up as JJ phoning it in, Epic giving Star Wars some serious love with awesome moments typical for this game, and also Epic typically biting off more than they could chew.

I hope Epic runs it again, because a lot of people missed this due to log-in issues, probably quit out because of the ten minute delays, got slaughtered in some games where the killing didn’t turn off, affected by glitches, etc.

The lightsaber moment was so amazing. Absolutely childlike joy as it turned into a massive Jedi/Sith battle, and the gameplay for them was really well done, if simple.

Also, I like your Epic name. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Is there a mode to stop ppl from killing u for this event?

In the past, like around Season 6 or 7 (and probably before) I think there weren't such measures. Someone set a kill record last year by dropping a whole crowd of enemies who were on a platform high up watching the event.

Epic has learnt from that and made it so that damaging/killing other players is impossible from Season 8 onwards IIRC.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
In the past, like around Season 6 or 7 (and probably before) I think there weren't such measures. Someone set a kill record last year by dropping a whole crowd of enemies who were on a platform high up watching the event.

Epic has learnt from that and made it so that damaging/killing other players is impossible from Season 8 onwards IIRC.

About 10 mins before the event started that place was a safe zone thank goodness.
It was pretty underwhelming to be honest.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If it's that big of a risk, why not let release the Fortnite content at the same time as the event (or after it), so that the event gets more focus?

If it's that big of a risk, why not let release the Fortnite content at the same time as the event (or after it), so that the event gets more focus?

I think you might be misunderstanding something.

The event requires assets that are unique to it. Streaming said assets live is a surefire recipe for disaster.

Top Bottom