• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[eShop] Europe, Demos are coming!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
European eShop users can get a free demo of Resident Evil Revelations tomorrow.
The eShop was updated to allow demos in late December but tomorrow sees the launch of the service outside of Japan.
Resi is also joined by a demo of the slightly less exciting Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic.
Future demos include Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure and Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Here's hoping we get similarly good news from Nintendo of America when it opens for business in a few hours.

FREE NINTENDO 3DS GAME DEMOS HEAD TO NINTENDO eSHOP
Test drive select Nintendo 3DS games before you buy
18th January 2012 – Free demos of selected Nintendo 3DS™ games are available to download from the Nintendo eShop – kicking off tomorrow with both Resident Evil™ Revelations and Cooking Mama 4.
Developed by Capcom® specifically to take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS features, Resident Evil Revelations delivers a true return to classic Resident Evil™ survival horror gameplay. The full game launches across Europe on 27th January, but if you fancy at getting your hands on, and test driving this ultimate horror experience before it hits the stores then head over to the Nintendo eShop tomorrow to download the Nintendo 3DS demo.
If cooking is your passion, then you must also try out the Nintendo 3DS demo for Cooking Mama 4 from 505 Games. Join Mama as she cooks up a storm and for the first time ever – in full 3D. Decorate Mama’s kitchen and customize your utensils as you tilt your Nintendo 3DS to cook in a whole new way like never before.
Make sure you keep checking the Nintendo eShop, as it will be periodically updated with new game demos in the future, including a Nintendo 3DS demo for Metal Gear Solid®: Snake Eater 3D - Hideo Kojima's legendary Metal Gear series from KONAMI. This classic stealth action game will come to Nintendo 3DS this year with stunning 3D visuals and the Nintendo 3DS outer cameras and gyroscopic motion sensor will be used as integral elements within the gameplay. Also keep an eye out for a Nintendo 3DS demo of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ and Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure™ both from SEGA.
In addition to Nintendo 3DS demos, the Nintendo eShop also lets you download an array of original Nintendo 3DS Download Software, 3D Classics, Virtual Console™ and Nintendo DSiWare™ games directly to your Nintendo 3DS system. If you want to access the Nintendo eShop, make sure you have first performed a system update via a wireless broadband internet connection. Those who perform the system update will gain access to the Nintendo eShop and will be able to download the Nintendo Video™ application for free, providing access to a range of new and exclusive 2D and 3D video content on their Nintendo 3DS system.

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/3ds_demos_launch_in_europe_eshop_tomorrow

IrishNinja

america:

zXuHa.jpg

Alrus

Cool I wanted to try the demo before deciding on getting RE or not :)

And can't wait to try the Rhythm Thief demo!

watershed

Banned
Um, NoA is in Redmond Washington and we are currently experiencing a snow storm. No one from NoA is gonna be able to get to work tomorrow to flip the 'demo on' switch.

Sadist

Welcome to the land of a hundred different certifications, overpriced and overvalued currency, massive debt and wonderfull historical sights.

Seriously, Europe used to be THE gaming Ghetto. What the hell happened?
Priority shift! Except for the Super Paper Mario en Brawl delay(!) we can't complain about NoE these days

Priority shift! Except for the Super Paper Mario en Brawl delay(!) we can't complain about NoE these days

Seriously, NOE seems to actually get their act together. I mean, they were allways great when it came to localization and even when we waited for a release they usually fixed bugs and glitches ( much to the anger of european speedrunners with MP1)

Nintendo News for example is a great show, with the Host Ariane being just weird and freaky enough to be funny/entertaining and yet informative. They even had some of their episodes in 3D.

Seriously, NOE seems to actually get their act together. I mean, they were allways great when it came to localization and even when we waited for a release they usually fixed bugs and glitches ( much to the anger of european speedrunners with MP1)

Nintendo News for example is a great show, with the Host Ariane being just weird and freaky enough to be funny/entertaining and yet informative. They even had some of their episodes in 3D.

Its definitely a welcome change for us hopefully they keep it going and NOA take some pointers

mclem

We're still treated like second class citizen by Atlus :(

To be fair, I don't think that's out of malice, as much as it is that they're only a smallish publisher and are more secure in the regions they do operate in rather than entering a new one.

...still, I'd love Atlus to open a European branch. You know you guys want to!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
You know what's worse, we Australian's will get this first too.

daffy

Banned
make sure you guys download cooking mama. one of the best games on 3ds, serious. Its basically warioware but with cooking utensils.

CoolS

I'll be sure to download all of these, just to show Nintendo that we need a lot more demos. Depending on how I like the RE:R demo I'll decide whether or not I'll buy it, so more demos are always a good thing!

Alrus

Cooking Mama 3DS is good? Is it that different from the DS games? Because those were pretty awful.

To be fair, I don't think that's out of malice, as much as it is that they're only a smallish publisher and are more secure in the regions they do operate in rather than entering a new one.

...still, I'd love Atlus to open a European branch. You know you guys want to!

Yeah I'm aware of the difficulties for smaller studios to publish games in europe due to different languages and rating agencies. But Atlus should at least try to work out a deal with some other publisher to get their game here in a more timely matter instead of having to wait nearly a year for them to get here (when they do...).

I mean, NISA out of all studios is faster to bring a lot of their games in europe, so why can't Atlus do it >.>

dwu8991

Banned
I had a chance to play around with Super Pokemon Rumble, the 3D is really great!

It's actually a well made game, not a half hearted game.

Hopefully we will see a 3D demo soon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes - finally !!!

Im hoping for a Kid Icarus Uprising Demo.

Top Bottom