• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN Football to Ship July 20th!!!

They better have league's on XBOX this year, or I'm saying bye bye to the XBOX version.

EDIT: Why the fuck did it take me like 4 tries to get a post in this thread?

Ramirez

Yea leagues are in,unless I dreamed reading about Leagues havin' "Live Rosters" this year,where they actually reflect real life :p

DMczaf

Woah! Awesome!

I just hope this major push doesn't hurt the game though since releasing it in September last year they still had some major problems :\

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
sad.gif

Alcibiades

I'm going to buy the XBox version just to support good 'ol SEGA...

I can't wait till budget-type people start picking this up in droves and word spreads about how great a game this is and how good the graphics are...

edit: I rarely play sports games and don't even have an XBox (yet!), but this is like a relaunch of the 2k series... expect it to be the #2 title in July behind NCAA... and expect a dent in Madden sales...

Alcibiades

Mrbob said:
Woot!

Forget Madden for a sec.

Can ESPN dethrone NCAA in sales for once at 2/5 the price? :D

Well, NCAA is the ONLY college football game, plus the advantage of getting a week start on 2k5...

that said, hopefully EA won't move up Madden and really give 2k5 time to shine...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
WTF? Training Camps haven't even opened up. Sorry but putting out a NFL game too soon is going to make me play it less when the season finally gets around.

DMczaf

retardboy said:
Take your trolling elsewhere!

Pfft! If your ESPN trolls wont stay out of my Madden threads then I will just have to return the favor!

Call off your soldiers and I'll call off mine! ;)

Mrbob

jobber said:
WTF? Training Camps haven't even opened up. Sorry but putting out a NFL game too soon is going to make me play it less when the season finally gets around.

What? Sega just needs to be up to date with roster updates....and handle them MUCH better than last year. By the way I think the roster cutoff date has already passed for ESPN and Madden.

Alcibiades

jobber said:

you could always buy it when the season starts...

it will still be $20, a great value considering what has been said about the gameplay and graphics, and free online play...

retardboy

DMczaf said:
Pfft! If your ESPN trolls wont stay out of my Madden threads then I will just have to return the favor!

Call off your soldiers and I'll call off mine! ;)

Do they? I don't even visit your Madden threads... Usually they only have 3-4 responses. :)

Fifty

Dammit Efralope, you're not even a football fan...just a Sega fanboy. :(

This should be about the football game, not the company behind it. I WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL WITH STEVE-O

DMczaf

retardboy said:
Do they? I don't even visit your Madden threads... Usually they only have 3-4 responses. :)

It's hard for me to even find an ESPN thread on this forum, this was my only shot :p

And when I did a search for ESPN, most of the threads were troll threads by me. Even the ESPN fans suck at marketing their game! EA needs to pay me for my work!

Or do they already...

moneyhat.jpg

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Dammit Efralope, you're not even a football fan...just a Sega fanboy. :(

This should be about the football game, not the company behind it. I WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL WITH STEVE-O

919830_20040601_screen002.jpg

Dont hate on Funkmasta Flex!

Mrbob

To those who may still doubt this release date, here is a quote from fsquid on the OS forums. He is one of the staff writers:

"this is legit fellas, been verified and everything."

July 20 is a go!

Alcibiades

Everyone tell all your friends (that don't have internet or don't go to gaming websites) and get them hyped, tell them the most amazing graphics and gameplay and it should be out in 10 days...

SickBoy

This doesn't surprise me in the least. The price makes it pretty obvious that they're trying to get the jump on Madden... I was wondering if they had a stealth early release.

I don't know what it will mean sales-wise, but it's cool. I doubt a couple of weeks will make a huge difference in the quality of the game, but I'm not a game developer so what do I know? :)

-SB

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
efralope said:
Everyone tell all your friends (that don't have internet or don't go to gaming websites) and get them hyped, tell them the most amazing graphics and gameplay and it should be out in 10 days...

Take two called and wanted to make sure they spelled your name right on the check

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SyNapSe said:
Crazy early. I agree, it doesn't really feel like football season yet! :(

Screw that! I've been impatiently waiting for a football game since draft day! :p

I probably won't buy this immediately, though, as I'll just be getting NCAA when this comes out. I'll wait a week or so(Yes, a whole week. How patient am I?)

Flatbread

Since the next generation consoles launched this is the smartest, guttiest decision ive seen Sega make. They should market this game with the 19.99 price tag on TV, also with reviews that rate it the same or better than madden.

It's good to see Sega have some wherewithall of their predicament and respond by punching back.

shpankey

not an idiot
This is gonna look hot on my HDTV! I just hope they fixed the gameplay, the game sucked last year. 2k3 was good, 2k2 sucked, 2k1 was awesome (the best in the series). So lets see..

2k = bad
2k1 = good
2k2 = bad
2k3 = good
2k4 = bad
2k5 = ?

I see a pattern. This year should be good again! :)

DMczaf

efralope said:
have you played the finished product that just went gold?

What the hell? Watch every video from E3 up til now (early July), its the same running animation. Now that the game is coming out July 20th, theres no way its changed.

This reminds me last year when FMT played the ESPN demo and had complaints and ESPN fans were like "The game will change!!!!" and it didn't.

Alcibiades

DMczaf said:
What the hell? Watch every video from E3 up til now (early July), its the same running animation. Now that the game is coming out July 20th, theres no way its changed.

This reminds me last year when FMT played the ESPN demo and had complaints and ESPN fans were like "The game will change!!!!" and it didn't.

I'll take that as a big NO...

DMczaf

Gunstar77 said:
I would have to disagree with you on this one DM, though it is not perfect it does seem improved.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/849/Bucs-vs-Eagles

It seems more fluid this year and also this year the runner will plant his foot when trying change direction quickly, which will slow the runner up. No more cutting on a dime.

It does seem improved, but its still chest out and ass in the air like last year. Makes me throw up after seeing the NFL2K running animations and this year's Madden running animation.

DMczaf

efralope said:
I'll take that as a big NO...

Ok Sega fan, the game will have a brand new running animation thats better then the piece of crap animation in 100% of the videos that have been on the internet, even during the video of the producer of ESPN NFL 2005 playing it on Gamespot a couple of days ago.

Top Bottom