• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NHL 2K5 update: Shipping early? New screens

DMczaf

http://sports.ign.com/articles/533/533527p1.html

When playing through the game on the Xbox, you'll also be able to customize all of the arena music. From the player intros, to fights, to specific songs played after each goal, it's all up to you. Hardcore fans can even put in all of the music specifically for every arena in the game to make things as real as possible, even if reality this season might just mean those arenas are empty.

The game is scheduled to ship the week of September 12th, but look for it to ship early ala NFL 2K5. Online leagues with living rosters will be supported, as will widescreen 480p. Don't expect to see a NHL V.I.P. system as V.I.P. was built specifically for the NFL title.

espn-nhl-2k5-20040726044412689.jpg
espn-nhl-2k5-20040726044409236.jpg
espn-nhl-2k5-20040726044407736.jpg

And one for bish

e3-2004-espn-nhl-2005-20040512073548834.jpg

Mrbob

NHL 2K5 is gonna have some new sales this year. :D I think there won't be a problem filling out a league.

Whoa hold the phone... what NFL league.. where?

I need my not so mighty Browns in this GAF league.. point me in the right direction please!

Mrbob

I don't know much about hockey, but I know the Blackhawks suck. So what is a decent team to take (NO JOKE POSTS WITH LISTING BAD TEAMS WITH ROOFLES).

Yusaku

I really wish Sega would publish their sports games on PC (PS2, no Xbox here), it's the only reason I'm considering getting NHL 2005 instead of ESPN.

I hope the online mode isn't a fucking joke like last year.

ShadowRed

Banned
Judging by the way that NFL has turned out, SEGA's preeminent sports title, I wouldn't be suprised if NHL wouldn't boot past the SEGA screen. You couldn't give me 20 bucks to take NHL.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll get it and play with Dallas :p Its the only Texan team.

Mrbob

ShadowRed said:
Judging by the way that NFL has turned out, SEGA's preeminent sports title, I wouldn't be suprised if NHL wouldn't boot past the SEGA screen. You couldn't give me 20 bucks to take NHL.

LOL. This could very likely be true.

Fifty

DopeyFish said:
i call the leafs, no questions asked ;D

Let me be the first to ask a question.

Konex, yet again you stray from your home team. Do you like any of the Detroit teams? I can't imagine life without a Toronto team ;)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
there will be more screens and/or movies tomorrow

yes, i know i was wrong last time, but i can almost guarantee it this time :D i'll bump this when the screens/movies are posted

Socreges

Banned
Oh, that's right. I don't even have Live. ;)

Sorry, Mike, but I give the rights to bishop. He would have called them first if I hadn't said anything.

Socreges said:
Oh, that's right. I don't even have Live. ;)

Sorry, Mike, but I give the rights to bishop. He would have called them first if I hadn't said anything.
1) I called Minnesota

2) I called the Canucks last week. YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE

Yusaku

Mike Works said:
1) I called Minnesota

2) I called the Canucks last week. YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE

Why on earth would someone from Vancouver want to play as the Wild? Wouldn't rabid Canuck fans eat you alive?

Socreges

Banned
Yusaku said:
Why on earth would someone from Vancouver want to play as the Wild? Wouldn't rabid Canuck fans eat you alive?
I suspect irony can be amusing at times. Mike would never betray us.

Ryu

Since the Sharks have already been called, I'd like to try my hands at the Pittsburgh Penguins and if they are not available, I'd like the New York Rangers.

Yusaku

Ryu said:
Since the Sharks have already been called, I'd like to try my hands at the Pittsburgh Penguins and if they are not available, I'd like the New York Rangers.

You sir enjoy a challenge!

I'd join if I A) had an xbox and B) didn't think ESPN NHL sucked online.

Ryu

It's no fun if you pick a team that can win ALL the time. ;) Besides, some people are gluttons for punishment -- just look at how fast the niners are picked up in those NFL online tournament threads. Popular team, but they've been without a true leader ever since Young left and the team does nothing but suffer for it and still they are picked with people thinking they can turn it around electronically. It just doesn't happen. :)

Still, it's fun to try and those who do just may surprise you. ;)

Maverick

I AM THE GA HOCKEY CHAMPION

None of you minor leaguers have ever beaten me.

Over the period of NHL 2K3 and ESPN Hockey, I have called out almost every GA hockey lover alive.

And yes, I remain unbeaten, undisputed, unRIVALED at 26-0 against GAers.

Hell, I only lost about 8-9 games period against Avs/Red Wings cheesers online.

Just sit it out again this year, ladies. You can't touch me. You can't toooouch meeeeeee!

26-0.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
College Dropout said:

Over the period of NHL 2K3 and ESPN Hockey, I have called out almost every GA hockey lover alive.

Just sit it out again this year, ladies. You can't touch me. You can't toooouch meeeeeee!

26-0.

do you by chance play NHL 94?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
CONSIDER ME IN.... and I dont even like hockey, I just love the games.... Lets see who all are serious.....also who is good in hockey, I will take a mediocre team..

and I want ESPN2k5 NFL Leagues to start now... I am growing impatient.... ARG...

If I am in an NFL league that has trades and all, can that league roster mess up our GAF roster??? because someone already made a trade Tai Streets for Charles Woodson......

FightyF

Banned

26-0.

Maverick, is that you?

What's your Live handle? 2K4 tonight! You're going down! :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
College Dropout said:

26-0.

Maverick, you're going down. That one game, that one game where i was >this< close to beating you, and you SOMEHOW survived!

Top Bottom