• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rating for Halo 5 reveals a few important tidbits (Teen)

Grexeno

Halo has already been maybe the softest M in gaming. I'm not shocked to see this game rated T, and frankly it probably always should have been.

Bloodrage

Banned
ESRB ratings never made any sense. Halo language is nowhere near Drake yelling "Shit" over and over again. And the gore was toned down since the original.
Indeed, Uncharted should have been Rated M a long time ago. Not only for the constant "shit, die!", but it's literally a murder simulator. The body count by the end of the games is usually around 1,000 human bodies, which are never going home to see their families again just because Nate wanted some treasure.

BriGuy

A T is probably the rating every Halo game prior should have been assigned too. Television programs rated Y14 have worse content.

Hastati

Love the trash talk, amazing. I remember a lot of funny quotes from CE, not as much from later games. Hope there are funny secrets sprinkled throughout Halo 5.

Edit: Articulated better in above post XD

In terms of the ratings, the majority of the past games should have qualified as a T rating in my opinion, even a lot of the stuff involving the flood. A lot of pg-13 movies get away with more than most of Halo's rather tame violence.

Top Bottom