• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake ESRB Rating Highlights Sexual Themes, Violence, and Playable Weapons

This was spotted by the guys over at Twisted Voxel a few hours ago.

ESRB has rated Silent Hill 2 Remake as Mature (M) due to its explicit content, including blood and gore, strong language, sexual themes, and violence.
Rating Summary

This is a horror adventure game in which players assume the role of a man returning to a mysterious town while being tormented by his past. From a third-person perspective, players explore the town of Silent Hill, interact with characters, and battle humans and creatures (e.g., Pyramid Head, mannequins, monsters). Players use pistols, shotguns, rifles, and knives to kill enemies. Combat is highlighted by realistic gunfire, cries of pain, and blood-splatter effects. Some environments depict large bloodstains and/or intestines/organs on walls, floors, and surrounding bodies. Cutscenes and illustrations depict further instances of violence and/or blood and gore: characters impaled; a character suffocated to death with a pillow; enemies with body parts sewn together. The game contains some suggestive/sexual material: characters pole-dancing in strip-club settings; posters of women in revealing outfits (e.g., bra and thong, deep cleavage); dialogue alluding to sexuality and/or sexual abuse/misconduct (e.g., “Remember that time in the hotel? You said you took everything. But you forgot that videotape we made”; “Don't touch me...You're only after one thing…Or you could just force me, like he always did.”). The word “sh*t” appears in the game.

zF07iLy.png

Mozzarella

This will be my favorite release of the year, cant wait for the seethe.

In the last trailer, Silent Hill 2 fans criticized the gameplay aspect of the remake saying it looked too combat focused and attempted to mimic Resident Evil 4. (I Agree)
Except the OG Silent Hill 2 had a trailer promoting combat, was trying to mimic OG RE gameplay (poorly) and everyone drools over it anyway.

RagnarokIV

Day one.

Can not wait.

Based on the quotes, they may be doing the dialogue line-for-line to the original? Or at least the important scenes.

Generic

This will be my favorite release of the year, cant wait for the seethe.

In the last trailer, Silent Hill 2 fans criticized the gameplay aspect of the remake saying it looked too combat focused and attempted to mimic Resident Evil 4. (I Agree)
Except the OG Silent Hill 2 had a trailer promoting combat, was trying to mimic OG RE gameplay (poorly) and everyone drools over it anyway.
The remake will probably have the same characters and atmosphere of the original but with better camera, controls and combat.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I may need some emotional support if I get scared while playing silent hill brother.
Dont worry brother.

I was already in Silent Hill 2.... years ago, as a video game expert we will see again how many bullets Eddie's belly can withstand.

giphy.gif

im-trying-to-protect-you-general-kirigan.gif

Nobody messes with Hybrid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom