• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU Iwata Asks: Xenoblade Chronicles - Vol. 1: Sound

Disclaimer: Searched for Iwata on first 6 pages, nothing (also searched again upon OP finished). Was not mentioned in Xenoblade thread. Iwata Asks generally get a thread so thread made (if unsuitable merge with Xenoblade thread). Possibly thread might get recycled for future volumes...

Just spotted the update on the NOE site of this:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/iwata_asks_xenoblade_chronicles_33086.html said:
Xenoblade Chronicles - the acclaimed Wii RPG from Monolith Soft - is coming to the UK later this year, and Satoru Iwata has conducted a series of interviews with its creators, including Executive Director Tetsuya Takahashi.

Visit our Iwata Asks hub to read Iwata Asks: Xenoblade Chronicles, Vol.1: Sound and listen to a few tunes from the game's soundtrack!

Keep an eye on www.xenobladechronicles.co.uk for more news in the months to come!

Here is the Iwata asks itself. Table of contents:
1. Six Musicians Together
2. Towards a Common Goal
3. That First-Draft Mail
4. Beyond the Typical RPG Soundtrack
5. What Xenoblade Chronicles Means to Me

Random quote:
Iwata: I guess that if you had that much fun sequencing the soundtrack, this enthusiasm will naturally come across to the people playing the game as well.

Takahashi: I really do hope so. We’re even including a special game soundtrack CD for a limited number of copies of the game, and I’d love people to enjoy simply listening to the music, as well as of course hearing it in the game. The CD contains a sample of twelve of the best tracks, with music written by everyone here.
ia_xenoblade_vol1_content24_uk.jpg

You can listen to a selection of these tracks:
A piece by Yoko Shimomura
A piece by Manami Kiyota
A piece by ACE+
Exclusive to Japan, eh.

Random fact (Monlith and NOE related): NOE did make a similar CD for Baten Kaitos that you could get off Club Nintendo. As you can see its slightly different to the ?US pre-order bonus?
Nintendo sure love 20-minute CDs, huh

Akai said:
It's kind of silly to jump the gun with E3 just around the corner...
There's no reason for them to announce the European version and start doing press/advertisements for it, without announcing the NA version, unless they're not bringing it to NA.

Awesome, shall hopefully be a good read.
It could come through NOA later, if it does well "enough" in Europe.

Wouldn't like the odds.

nincompoop said:
There's no reason for them to announce the European version and start doing press/advertisements for it, without announcing the NA version, unless they're not bringing it to NA.

The only motive that I can consider is that they want to group their Wii game announcements together so that it looks like the console still has a life left, kind of like how they did it last year. It doesn't make 100% sense, but I'm sticking to it because my delusion keeps the hope alive.

squall23

Yasunori Mitsuda and Yoko Shimomura in the same room. From now on, I demand Nintendo's RPGs to have this kind of quality every single time.

FoneBone

nincompoop said:
I have to conclude this, sadly. I don't think there's any way NoA would let NoE blow their wad so far in advance of E3 if they had any intent of publishing it themselves.

FoneBone said:
I have to conclude this, sadly. I don't think there's any way NoA would let NoE blow their wad so far in advance of E3 if they had any intent of publishing it themselves.

What do you mean blowing their wad? They only significant thing they did is announce the game for EU. The trailer they showed on the site was a JP trailer. This Iwata Asks is just one translated from JP.

FoneBone

Bel Marduk said:
What do you mean blowing their wad? They only significant thing they did is announce the game for EU.
That's not tiny, given how secretive Nintendo tends to be about its upcoming lineup.

madara

No way, absolutely no way. I would honestly have stop buying Nintendo products if this didn't come state side. My favorite genre, translated just for europe when the wii is a complete desert? I just cant wrap my brain around it. Its coming or the party truly is over for rpgs on nintendo.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If I had to wager a guess, the reason it was announced in Europe first is because they're getting it first. They'll get it this fall, and if we're lucky we'll get it by December or early 2012.

FoneBone said:
That's not tiny, given how secretive Nintendo tends to be about its upcoming lineup.

I don't think an announcement and a few teases are anything that significant. Anyway, no reason for NoA to announce it now when E3 is just around the corner.

Jarmel

Banned
There better be a NOA version. That is all.

RurouniZel said:
If I had to wager a guess, the reason it was announced in Europe first is because they're getting it first. They'll get it this fall, and if we're lucky we'll get it by December or early 2012.

Soroc

I honestly think the only reason it isn't announced for NA yet is because they are going to announce it at E3. E3 is a NA event for the most part and is the perfect place to announce this and get some coverage of the game.

Same as another poster said, they are going to probably announce this, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower along with Skyward Sword and possibly another Kirby for the remainder of this year as their line up.

Its the last hurrah for this system and they need some announcements at E3 for it so it looks like the system is strong in software on its way out.

creid

Eugh. I can't really explain the logic, but I think this being posted makes an NA release even less likely. ::keeps hope alive::

At least the language barrier is broken, that was the big one given that softmodding the Wii is so easy. Game seems like it's easily worth paying EU import prices for.

Effect

nincompoop said:

Also there is no reason at all for NOA to wait until E3 to make an announcement if it was coming. Seriously nothing would be gained from such a wait I think. I don't believe at all NOA is going to be releasing the game I kept holding out hope but after this I really don't think this is getting a NA release.

Is NoA stingy or something? Are they unwilling to spend money to localize it? There's really nothing else left for the Wii other than Zelda, so it makes no sense why they won't bring it over.

IF there's no E3 announcement, then I'll give up hope completely. Until then...I still have a glimmer of hope left.

UberTag

Given their track record, the "waiting for E3" argument doesn't hold much weight. This is the kind of game that ends up on the "Oh BTW this other stuff is coming out" highlight reel after the Nintendo presser wraps up.

It would be nice to have NOA prove me wrong.

If Xenoblade Chronicles had a US date I wonder if this thread would have less replies? Maybe I should pick out another Iwata Asks quote:
Shimomura:Okay, well this is going to bring back some bad memories, but when I was learning piano as a student, I got hooked on Super Mario Bros.4 and really overdid it, playing it all night. I then went to an important piano lesson and my teacher asked me why I wasn’t able to move my hands...
Yes theres a footnote for Super Mario Bros. Leave nothing to chance. I liked the track samples too. It was funny going to myself during the Shimomura one "If you didn't tell me I'd assume this was from Fire Emblem or Brawl".

I think any "plans" are premature currently. We have neither a US nor European date (discounting tweets by voice actors). If it comes the outcome of no US announcement or date and a EU date exists just import it. Seems simple enough to me.

Time to join in idle speculation...
Chris1964 said:
Since NoE has almost zero control to what is localised and what not it actually is NCS=NoE>NoA.
What makes you think NCL would make it so a North American release for this was then? What data do they have that would suggest it is a silly move (I'm willing to argue opposite, the only 'Xeno game we've had is Xenosaga episode 2...
yeah episode two!! what were Sony Europe thinking
and a 90s as well as current of neglect on the JRPG front...then again NCL might see weakness as opportunity*). So I concede it to the almost zero factor. aka the mysestious mastermind behind what is released where was high on ether.
*-The impossible understanding of a corporate mind.

mclem

Celine said:

Me from 1995 looks at this statement with utter confusion.

Times have changed. I suspect you guys will get it in due course; it does seem an odd move from Nintendo. That said, it's also not the end of the world.

I do get a vague feeling that US gamers are a little more mistrusting of imports than European ones; is that correct? After we pretty much *had* to be willing importers to get full enjoyment out of systems prior to this generation or so, I'm now completely fine with it; whereas the outcry I'm seeing from US gamers does appear to suggest that it's still an uncomfortable concept for you; you're just so used to getting everything of interest released there that it feels very unfamiliar to go the extra mile.

Would that be right, or am I completely and utterly off-base? Probably. I admit I'm basing it on a sample based on the rants here, which do seem a little more plentiful than the occasional whinges about, say, Excitebots.

FoneBone

Chris1964 said:
A Japanese company
I need some sleep
NoJ.
If NoE doesn't have control over what gets localized, then who does? I mean, please don't argue with a straight face that NCL ordered a European localization but not an American one.

creid

mclem said:
That said, it's also not the end of the world.
As a huge fan of MonolithSoft, it feels like it ;)

I do get a vague feeling that US gamers are a little more mistrusting of imports than European ones; is that correct? After we pretty much *had* to be willing importers to get full enjoyment out of systems prior to this generation or so, I'm now completely fine with it; whereas the outcry I'm seeing from US gamers does appear to suggest that it's still an uncomfortable concept for you; you're just so used to getting everything of interest released there that it feels very unfamiliar to go the extra mile.

Would that be right, or am I completely and utterly off-base? Probably. I admit I'm basing it on a sample based on the rants here, which do seem a little more plentiful than the occasional whinges about, say, Excitebots.
I'd say that's accurate, in my own experience at least.

Top Bottom