• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU official: Trump admin *WONT* withdraw from Paris Climate Accord

aceface

Don't trust the White House to know this. There may not be an official change yet.

WH said there was no deal about immigration too and then Trump said the wall was still being funded, it's just the wall is now routine repairs.

Lol don't trust the White House to know what the White House knows.

I look forward to the tweet "Does anyone really think Climate change is a hoax! REALLY?"

Lol don't trust the White House to know what the White House knows.

I look forward to the tweet "Does anyone really think Climate change is a hoax! REALLY?"
You know it's coming. And then later

"Mitch McConnel is so bad that our president had to turn to the EU to get any real work done!"

KSweeley

Observing how the Trump admin operates, I would not be surprised if Trump told whomever within his administration to tell the EU that the U.S plans to remain a part of the Paris Climate Accord but didn't inform the White House Press Office about his decision yet and the press office is telling the media outdated information due to Trump deciding to keep the U.S. in the Paris Climate Accord.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
NOR_R-S_flip_flop.gif

This is very good.

Neith

Banned
Pretty sure this Trump admin is just trying to appeal to some dipshit supporter base without actually doing so in reality. We gonna build a wall folks! No wall. We gonna withdraw from this. Nope. We gonna do this and that and that! Nope.

I mean half the shit this guy talks about is random insane thoughts that flow through his head. Jesus how did this guy get elected.

Pretty sure this Trump admin is just trying to appeal to some dipshit supporter base without actually doing so in reality. We gonna build a wall folks! No wall. We gonna withdraw from this. Nope. We gonna do this and that and that! Nope.

I mean half the shit this guy talks about is random insane thoughts that flow through his head. Jesus how did this guy get elected.
He's already starting the nonsense distracting tweets lol

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Maybe he spent 9 months fucking up so badly that now that he's undoing it all will make people like him again..

He needs to get rid of Pruitt. As long as that prick is where he is no country will want to make any type of climate related deals with us.

Durden77

In a way, I sometimes love how Trump's idiocy can expose the GOP. All those fuckers are going to look like complete idiots now after saying he did the right thing. Along with McConnell and all the other dude's he's called out/exposed, it's can kind of be a nice silver lining to this shit show.

Dryk

I imagine that he'll go even harder in on his original ideas once he realised that the left can see right through him and won't give him the praise he rightfully deserves. Like I can already see him on a podium yelling "I did what they wanted and they still hate me, you cant please them. Well I'll show them then, I'll show them. It's true."

I imagine that he'll go even harder in on his original ideas once he realised that the left can see right through him and won't give him the praise he rightfully deserves. Like I can already see him on a podium yelling "I did what they wanted and they still hate me, you cant please them. Well I'll show them then, I'll show them. It's true."

The media, particularly CNN and the NYT are more than willing to praise him for these reversals.

From Norwegian news:
https://www.nrk.no/urix/trump-snur-om-parisavtalen-1.13692663

The [Norwegian] climate and environmental minister Vidar Helgesen (H), who attends the Montreal meeting, also rejects that the United States has had a turnaround on the Paris agreement to NRK.

"Unfortunately, it's not true that the United States has turned. The position the United States has repeated today is that the United States may remain in the agreement if they get better conditions. But a re-negotiation, we are all clear that is not acceptable, so it's not really as much news as the EU Commissioner has expressed" said Helgesen, on the phone from Canada.

Helgesen says he wishes the United States to return to the Paris agreement at any time. The United States is still at the table, since it takes several years to withdraw from the agreement.

"There are constructive signals and positive participation from the United States, it is good and can give hope that they will come to better conclusions eventually. But they have not yet come to a turnaround" said the minister for the climate and the environment.

Zolo

So when is Trump going to say what his conditions even are at one of his rallies? A re-negotiation usually involves new terms on the person wanting a re-negotiation.

Top Bottom