• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Plus June offerings: Kingdoms of Amalur, Rayman Origins Vita & Demon's Souls

Tizoc

Mock and lock if there's already a thread about this
blog.eu.playstation.com
Hi everyone! It ™s that time of the month again where we update you on all the new PlayStation Plus content coming your way in June.

As usual there are three new PS3 game and two for PS Vita in the line-up for June, as well as great titles such as Catherine, Thomas Was Alone and Malicious that are already available.

New PlayStation 3 titles
I ™m personally very excited about the hero title for next month “ EA ™s RPG adventure Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

From the genius creative minds of bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning follows the story of a resurrected hero known as the œFateless One , who embarks on a quest to discover the secrets behind his own fate. Sounds pretty epic right?

Moving swiftly on, if you missed it in the Knights and Witches Sale blog I am very happy to confirm that as of 29th May, Plus subscribers can also download ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD, both developed by our very own Japan Studio.

ICO follows a mysterious boy who has been expelled from his village to an isolated castle. Within his confines, he begins to have strange dreams of rescuing a young princess from the evil spirits that dwell within the fortress

In Shadow of the Colossus you will go on a majestic journey through ancient lands to seek out and destroy gigantic mythical beasts. With your trusty horse at your side, explore the spacious lands and unearth each Colossi. Armed with your wits, a sword and a bow, use cunning and strategy to topple each behemoth!

Your final PS3 offering for the month is the dark, dangerous and utterly brilliant action RPG, Demon ™s Souls. Set in a fearsome fantasy world, you take control of a hero who has journeyed to the fictional kingdom of Boletaria which is being ravaged by a cursed fog that brings forth demons that feast on the souls of mortals.

New PS Vita titles
First up for PS Vita on 5th June is Rayman Origins from our friends at Ubisoft. This side scrolling platformer is simply one of the best games ever to have graced our PS Vita console so we are extremely excited to bring it to you through Plus.

And last but certainly not least, we are very happy to announce that on 5th June you will also be able to download Coconut Dodge Revitalised, the new HD version of FuturLab ™s incredibly addictive mini!

As usual, over the coming weeks you can also expect exclusive additional PS Plus discounts, including over 70% off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and 40% off Germinator. Also, make sure you take advantage of the exclusive 20% launch discount off Metro: Last Light starting this Friday! We ™ll update you on these offers and more in the weekly Store posts.

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in June:
29th May: Hitman Absolution
29th May: Joe Danger 2
29th May: Dead or Alive 5
5th June: Sine Mora
12th June: Velocity Ultra

Entering PS Plus in June:
29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
29th May: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
29th May: Demon ™s Souls
5th June: Rayman Origins
5th June: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you ™ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just ‚£39.99.

Remember, if you ™ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

EDIT:
Kingdoms of Alamur is 14 GB without updates
Demon's Souls is 9-10 GB without updates
ICO+SotC HD both total at around 10 GB without updates

jwk94

Another FuturLab game for free? EU PS+ gets the best stuff. Now to see what US PS+ has to offer -_-

What is this kingdoms of Amalur? I have never heard of it.

And I am so hyped about demon souls :) (already own Ico Collection)

Also rayman on my future vita purchase will be nice.

Hype all around.

3 more games coming after E3 will also be announced.

Ashler

Its great being a PS+ EU subscriber... and now, I don't have to take my Dark Souls disk out to play Demon's Souls :p

Love it.

Dayum. Worst month for me ever!!!

I've got or had all those games. I'll grab Rayman Origins for a potential future Vita purchase.

Oh well, you win some you lose some. At least Last of Us is out in June to see me over.

blade85

Neo Member
What is this kingdoms of Amalur? I have never heard of it.

And I am so hyped about demon souls :) (already own Ico Collection)

Also rayman on my future vita purchase will be nice.

Hype all around.

3 more games coming after E3 will also be announced.

Kingdoms of amalur is a loooot of fun and lasts 100's of hours. The whole area is huge. A bit like skyrim but with a different graphical look.

Pranay

including over 70% off Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Bing

Dayum. Worst month for me ever!!!

I've got or had all those games. I'll grab Rayman Origins for a potential future Vita purchase.

Oh well, you win some you lose some. At least Last of Us is out in June to see me over.

more games should be revealed, the yearly ones

Empty

i'm not sure i care much about amalur and i've played demon souls but ico & shadow, rayman and coconut dodge are all great in that i own them on other platforms so wouldn't want to directly buy other versions but having them is still nice. looking forward to replaying rayman on vita especially.

bjaelke

I've been prolonging the inevitable for far too long. Time to upgrade that HDD. I have the last 3 months' PS+ content in my download queue just waiting to be downloaded.

Mokubba

Yes, Kingdoms of Amalur and Shadow of the Colossus were in my to buy list.

PS+ just paid a chunk of itself of this month. Now all I need is some time.

Tizoc

Yoooooooooooooooo
Kingdoms of Alamur is 14 GB!
Better make sure you got enough space for those willing to trade in their disc copy XP.

Oh and I'm posting from work so sorry about the quote looking so messy ^_^;

Omikaru

So good.

You just know they're going to kick ass at E3 too, when inFamous 2, LBP2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse are likely replaced. Could also explain why June's content is rolling in so early too.

Hixx

I actually wanted to cancel my PS+ today (turned my ps3 on to do so, had to update console and Sony emailed me while I was doing that thanking me for subbing for another 3 months
LLShC.gif
) but I suppose it's not the worst thing that could have happened, want to play all 3 of the PS3 games this month, so...

wilflare

EU PS+ is just too darn awesome... So many games I would not have bought if I had EU PS+
- Thomas Was Alone Vita
- MGS HD Collections Vita
- Rayman Origins Vita
- Sine Mora Vita
- Lumines Symphony Vita
- Velocity Ultra Vita

All the monies possibly saved...
And my Retail ICO/SotC is still sealed lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Oh wow, I didn't know the Thomas Was Alone PS3 freebie also unlocked the Vita version. Cool stuff! Will play it a lot sooner now.

Argh, saw Rayman Origins and got excited. I sold my copy so was really keen to play it through on PS3 again.

Still, one hell of a month with ICO/SotC and Demons Souls. Nice work.

Hc90o.jpg

Its like Sony read my mind. The three games I've wanted to play but could not buy: Catherine, ICo and SC HD and KofA are now free on psn plus.

kuroshiki

To those say Sony doesn't care about Europe...

YOU SURE?

It seems like Sony care Europe more than any other continent. =X

Kingdoms of Amalur is a very fun game, despite the fact that the company ceased to exist a few months after the game got released. If you love World of Warcraft but absolutely hated the combat, you will love this.

SxP

Nice, I would never buy KoA but I'll definitely try it. And Rayman and Coconut Dodge for Vita is great as well, as I have neither of them.

GeoramA

Kingdoms of Amalur is a very fun game, despite the fact that the company ceased to exist a few months after the game got released. If you love World of Warcraft but absolutely hated the combat, you will love this.
Yeah, the combat along with the open-world setting is what I loved most about it. Shame there will never be a proper sequel.

Great. Hate Ubisoft so would never buy Rayman Origins. Glad I'm able to play it over the summer for free now :).

Already have Demon's Souls and ICO&SotC, but it's nice to have 'em digital. Especially with the remote play function in the Team Ico collection.

Any idea when we will get more info on the annual Plus additions?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So, Rayman Vita and that 70% off TTT2 eh? At this rate I wont be able to buy a PS4 because my PS3/PSV Backlog due to PS+ alone is too huge to cope with.

Donos

Why didn't it happend 10-15 years ago when i had to much time and to little money so i replayed every crap game i had 10 times and even installed sharewares and a ton of demos. Now i have no time anymore and tons of games + BF3 MP to keep me busy -_-

Ragus

Banned
I wanted to buy Dark Souls instead of Demon's Souls because of metroidvania like structure, but now I may even try out Demon's Souls.

Neat, I'll finally get to play ICO.

Kingdoms of Amalur looks skippable and I got Demon's Souls years ago. I imported it from the US because it hadn't been announced for Europe at the time, those were the dark days.

Wait...does the PAL version of Demon's Souls have a different trophy list?

Top Bottom