• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: BotW running on CEMU showing remarkable progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
Remember these things

-CEMU devs are making 20k a month
-Although it's through Patreon, people who donate get early access to new builds
-Although they don't give out pirated Zelda's, they give access to be able to easily pirate a better version of Zelda.
-The emulator isn't open source
-Nintendo the developers of the beloved Zelda, just came out from one of there worst selling system.
-Nintendo are selling Switch with Zelda being their system seller.

Of course people have a right to do what they want with their bought copy of Zelda, this is all legal. Of course people should be able to play a better running version. But let's not all be silly and see the other side of the argument of why some of us can see why this is bad for Nintnedo.

I have another question for all you people here.
What if Switch is fully emulated and all games can be played on PC in 4k. And games are emulated within a month of release.

Would this be good for Nintendo?

shandy706

A legit Fox News image describing how bad was Obama's fiscal policy for middle class in America some years ago.

If $650k a year is middle class, I'm surprised I don't have a bucket of feces dumped on me as I walk down the cobblestone streets in the evening. X-D

Anyway, on topic...LOL...I still want some kind of chart showing CPU performance in CEMU.

VDenter

Banned
The time frame in which an emulator is supposedly supposed to come out is completely irrelevant. Emulators are still 100% legal and no amount of whining will change that. Trust me if Emulators were illegal in any way. Nintendo of all the company's would have shut them down ages ago.

marrec

Banned
I don't even know why people are especially concerned for piracy for this particular title. We already know it sold like hotcakes and the majority of lifetime sales have already happened.

I'm sure the fastest selling launch title in Nintendo history will survive emulation months after release.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that people are especially concerned with multiple ancillary aspects of the game seeing as how it is one of the most talked about games in many years. It's not every year a Zelda game is released and it's not every year a universally lauded game is released. So interest in any form is going to be increased, including emulation/piracy.

N.Grim

A fortnight ago CEMU was supported by 1857 people, who collectively donated $7782 per month (around £6300). It's now supported by 5135 people, who donate nearly $22k a month (more than £17k).

But they can't buy a WiiU to play the games.

Calm down it's a joke
Maybe

I'm sure Nintendo will appreciate your valuable hints and will reward you with a cookie and the "Toad of the month" award.
Also yeah, what the other poster said. They won't sue individuals over piracy and fighting sharing sites is a pointless waste of money.

I see...

KAL2006

Banned
The time frame in which an emulator is supposedly supposed to come out is completely irrelevant. Emulators are still 100% legal and no amount of whining will change that. Trust me if Emulators were illegal in any way. Nintendo of all the company's would have shut them down ages ago.

No one here has stated it's illegal.

I have another question for all you people here.
What if Switch is fully emulated and all games can be played on PC in 4k. And games are emulated within a month of release.

Would this be good for Nintendo?

Good thing I'm not Nintendo.

sad-birthday_edit2.jpg

I'm trying to be clearer here. My actual argument is simply that the existence of a tool being able to be used to do harm does not automatically invalidate its good intentions. I do acknowledge that the harmful usage is so vast that it's worth considering that it does way more harm than good. However, there has to be some good faith attempt at measuring this impact. The fact that this will probably be utilized for some piracy is not in and of itself compelling.

What's also interesting is that there are people (in this thread, even!) that will buy Wii U games specifically *because* they can run them on their PC now, despite not having a Wii U. The number of these people is admittedly low, and almost assuredly less than those who are simply pirating... but like everything around this topic, it's not clear-cut.

The Dink

Exactly, he is right.....$132,000 per person is awful.
In a normal job they would be earning double that, especially given their skills.
40wWY.jpg

Oh please. Like they're struggling to live off a tenth of a million dollars a year.

So much heat and passion.

I'm sure you're all also this heated and passionate about the morality of your iphones and nintendos being built with child slave labour.

Two wrongs make a right, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom