• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Expo 2013 is this month! - September 26th-29th

Baleoce

From the list it could be a focus on upcoming and soon to be released titles. Most of those will be out this year except for Bayonetta but that could be out before Mario kart.

That angle doesn't really make much sense tbh when it was literally at gamescom just the other week.

I'll be there every day, working. You guys should definitely head over to the Nintendo Life StreetPass zone.

It was there last year, but it was fairly small. This year it's going to be pretty big! I can't really talk much about it right now, but we should be doing some multiplayer stuff with NintendoLand, and tournaments including Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7, which I'm supposed to be hosting. Eep! Come and say hi if you see us!

I could also potentially be free on the Friday night if we're meeting up! :)

winstano

I'm going on the Thursday on an early entry pass... Anyone who went last year on an EE pass, what time's best to get there? I'm thinking about 9ish? Driving down from the midlands, gonna be a loooonnnng day!

Mikeside

I can't believe it's completely sold out. Tickets being traded anywhere?

I wouldn't be too surprised. It's always sold out before (at least for the past couple of years) - I might be wrong on that, but if so they've been VERY close to selling out. Add new consoles and another year of word-of-mouth about the expo and I'm surprised it took this long to sell out to be honest.

I'm going on the Thursday on an early entry pass... Anyone who went last year on an EE pass, what time's best to get there? I'm thinking about 9ish? Driving down from the midlands, gonna be a loooonnnng day!

As above - I'm getting there for about 8 - 8:30. I'd recommend around then, I guess.

kitsuneyo

I wouldn't be too surprised. It's always sold out before (at least for the past couple of years) - I might be wrong on that, but if so they've been VERY close to selling out. Add new consoles and another year of word-of-mouth about the expo and I'm surprised it took this long to sell out to be honest.

I stopped reading Eurogamer a few months ago so I was completely unaware of it til I saw a Nintendo Facebook post earlier. It only sold out a couple of days ago. Gutted, they seem to have a great lineup. 70,000 tickets sold is also pretty impressive.

Second-hand tix are going at really high prices on eBay and the EG forum. Like, £100 a ticket in some cases.

Maybe I'll go to that Play Expo thing in Manchester instead.

Spookie

We all knew this was coming but: "Xbox One and games playable at Eurogamer Expo 2013"

Woop woop. Updating the OT.

From twitter: "For those of you asking, yes, there are more games still to be added to the lineup."

#Woopwoop

Mikeside

I'm happy to give PrematureQuiche half the cash for one of those tickets if he buys them off of you (and I already talked to him about it last night :) )

Fox1304

Ok, I've sent all the details to PrematureQuiche, it's a single ticket for two people so use it as you wish. You're supposed to go with the single ticket at the entry and get two wrist-bands for the four days.
Hope you guys will have a good time, I'm really bummed not being able to go :(
( and seeing the pics made it even harder ).

LXEyHER.png

rohnjambo

Neo Member
sigh if only there were a eurogamer/PAX - esque event in toronto.
all we got was Fanexpo, which is really not that bad. but the gaming aspect of it was reduced to only a few games on the xbox one and ps4 that'll be released in a month.
we need a gaming expo or something of the like up here.

Shane

I'll be there covering it for a few days. Went two years ago and it was a great time. Three days of queuing, games, frantic writing, warm beer and curry. The tops.

mingo

Gonna be there Friday afternoon. I need to go into work in the morning. I'm local to earls court - live about 10min away. Will be there with the gf who is 6months preggers!

HT UK

Stuff I'm looking forward to queuing for ;)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Battlefield 4
  • Dying Light
  • Zelda 3DS
  • Sims 4
  • Titanfall

I hope Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son, WWE 2K14, Tearaway, Arkham Origins Blackgate, Beyond: Two Souls, Destiny, Final Fantasy X HD, Watch_Dogs, South Park: Stick of Truth & Thief are all added. I think most of those were at Gamescom?

AHA-Lambda

Gutted i won't be able to make it now, i've got an early bird thursday ticket i'm willing to sell for face value if anyone is interested.

It's got my name on it but that shouldn't be an issue.

Mikeside

I'm a bit disappointed with the sessions this year, to be honest.

I'll probably go for the Xbox One presentation, The Evil Within, David Cage, Witcher 3, Vlambeer, Molyneux and the Eurogamer Podcast, but I was hoping for some PS4 love directly from Sony, maybe Lorne Lanning again, I REALLY wanted to hear what OnLive have to say for themselves (as they're supposedly gearing up for a bit re-launch)

Ahh well, less sessions means more time in-front of a PS4/X1 and more time drinking with fellow gaffers.

Can't wait, will be there first thing on the Thursday. Can anyone who went last year advise what the queues are like at that time?

Can't believe I might actually finally get to try out the Oculus Rift :O

Also hoping to go and see Phil Harrison, let's be honest he's a bit of a legend!

Holy shit.

Remember going to the EG Expo in Leeds a few years back and it was pretty shitty. It's obviously come on leaps and bounds since then.

V_Ben

Banned
Looks like i'll be there on the Thursday and Sunday. Looking forward to trying out Titanfall, I haven't been impressed by it in videos, so I want to get my hands on it, see how it is.

AHA-Lambda

Are all of the games on the show floor announced now? There seem to be some strange omissions, like:

Nothing from Sony first party (e.g. GT6, Knack, Killzone ShadowFall)
No Activision (no Call of Duty is really weird plus no Destiny, not even a dev session)
No Watch Dogs (Ubi have announced other games and Watch Dogs has been shown everywhere)

This seem weird to anyone else?

Acheteedo

Are all of the games on the show floor announced now? There seem to be some strange omissions, like:

Nothing from Sony first party (e.g. GT6, Knack, Killzone ShadowFall)
No Activision (no Call of Duty is really weird plus no Destiny, not even a dev session)
No Watch Dogs (Ubi have announced other games and Watch Dogs has been shown everywhere)

This seem weird to anyone else?

The Sony first party omission is a bit odd, since they're partnering the event.

Mikeside

Weren't Sony ridiculously late showing their hand last year too?

I'm still surprised at the dev sessions. Was hoping they'd use 2 halls for it this year & would have twice as many going on.

Less than a week until day1, though.
Fucking excited to get back to EGE!

What's the first thing everyone is going for?

For me it'll be PS4 (unless there are loads of units and it doesn't look like the queues will be huge), Titanfall or Destiny if it's there.

Superman

As I work in Earls Court, I'll probably pop in and post impressions, I'll take some pictures hopefully aswell!

(I'll scroll through the replies, see if this has been asked before)

Do they announce anything here? Any chance of a few surprises?

Edit: Tickets all sold out, oh well.

Mikeside

As I work in Earls Court, I'll probably pop in and post impressions, I'll take some pictures hopefully aswell!

(I'll scroll through the replies, see if this has been asked before)

The only announcement we've had so far was Rome 2s release date last year.
I doubt there'll be anything this year but its getting more and more popular & bigger each year so it'd be nice if it grows in that direction.

Carl

The only announcement we've had so far was Rome 2s release date last year.
I doubt there'll be anything this year but its getting more and more popular & bigger each year so it'd be nice if it grows in that direction.

New N Tasty was announced last year wasn't it?

vercity82

Anybody looking to do some sort of GAF meet i shall be there thursday bright and early taking some snaps will upload what i can on or at the end of the day.

Spookie

Most will be announced pre Expo. A lot of the stuff is UK debut. You've got to remember we're at the point were most games are months away from release so there's little to surprise us with. That being said if anything is going to happen it will be with the consoles.

Anybody looking to do some sort of GAF meet i shall be there thursday bright and early taking some snaps will upload what i can on or at the end of the day.

I know mike and I will be there super early Thursday. I'll give the hash tag some love next week.

Mikeside

I'll be around all weekend for meeting up.
there's also the big meet on Saturday night if you fancy it?

I'm not going this year. I've been every other year and have enjoyed it less as it's got more and more busy, and I imagine this year will be hectic with the new consoles on show. However, I am going and I'm meeting some people in the Coal Hole on the Strand, so I'll get some opinions on what they thought about the new consoles.

Top Bottom