• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Expo 2013 is this month! - September 26th-29th

B.O.O.M

Oh shit, I did! Man, that game is a delight! There's so many little details, and its all animated in just the most wonderful way. Theres actually a decent challenge to the game, but I just couldn't help cracking up at all the things in the game that made me smile. I mean, a squirrel asked for my picture, and then it appeared on vinyl records later in the level. How god damn cool is that.

haha just hearing about it makes me smile :D Wish Sony would put out a demo for it online. it sounds like such a charming game..I really wanna see it in person.

The controls worked fine?

Just wrote up my impressions for PSNStores, i'll post them here when they go live.

PS4 stuff was good, in parts. Knack was entertaining for the length of the demo, but no idea how they can sustain that for a whole game. The frame rate did bog all the time though, all those physics objects.

Driveclub is Project Gotham crossed with burnout paradise's multiplayer. I know, right!

Resogun is the tits.

Hohokum is currently my game of the show.

A man was wandering around with a laptop. On that laptop is a demo of the new Stanley Parable. I loved it so much. Tied with Hohokum perhaps.

That Batman Vita game? Sort of good! the 2.5d stuff is kind of odd from time to time, but the combat feels close to the console game.

If there's any games you want to know about, ask me and i'll see if i can remember if i saw them.

Why do you have a VJ avi and no bayonetta impressions? priorities man! :p

Yeah, the record scratching is pretty cool in Tearaway. Forgot to add there's a lot of camera stuff that might remind you of Teletubbies. The Vita takes a picture of You and you're now the sun :D "You" and the tearaway dude/girl are in this together.

You cut a hat out of paper in-game with touch input so you can make whatever shape you want that you place on a squirrel's head, which reminded of LittleBigPlanet. I'm waiting for someone to make a dick-shaped hat for the squirrel.

Keasar

Wish I had taken a picture. It was quite narrow on both sides of Indie Arcade. Cloudbuilt was on 2 computers, looked really cool. Hope someone who's going tomorrow sees your request.
Thank you! Nice to see all these pictures, seems like a really nice convention. I wish now that I had gone there too.

Woffls

Got me a free Call of Duty Ghosts Prestige Edition :D

I rolled up into the early entry queue just after 8am and overheard chatter about the first 500 people getting a free Prestige edition, so I thought I'd go for it! Briskly walked to the other end of the expo, and was somewhere near the first 100, but there were obviously people who cared about it a whole lot more than I did so whatevs.

Now hopefully they won't lose that big spreadsheet of names and email addresses.

Great day overall:
Ghosts (Xbone): Dogs can eat shit and die.
The Crew (360): Disappointing. Not sure the scale will be a fit for the type of game they're making.
Forza 5: Looked pretty bad aside from car models. Rumble triggers tempting me to keep Xbone pre-order.
Mario Kart 8: Sweet but I used tilty controls and didn't know you could change them. (Press start apparently)
Zelda: LBW (haha cricket): Wall painting thing was neat for puzzles. Not sure how many times they can use that trick. though.
Wind Waker HD: Looks incredible. Will happily replay in a few years when it's cheaper...
Sonic Lost World: After a ridiculous 45 minute wait, I played a pinball thing for about 5 mins then gave up because it was impossible and tedious.
Super Mario 3D World: Did absolutely nothing for me. Just some going around with platforms... shame.

Super passin it again this year so I'm going to try and cross off everything in the A-Z list in the brochure. Legging it to Titanfall first tomorrow.

I decided to go Thursday and Friday this year thinking it might be quieter then the weekend but is the busiest one I've been to in 3 years. Lines were huge even just to get into the expo.

First game I played was Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. Graphics looked really good from a distance and framerate was silky smooth. However having to play the demo from about half a metre away did not do the game any favours. Textures looked muddy but I had the experience with all console games I've tried when playing as close as you'd normally play a PC game with much higher resolutions.
Controls felt great and I really liked the Xbox One controller. Feels a little but smaller then 360 controller. Analogue sticks feel really great as do the triggers. D-pad has awesome distinct "click" to it now and much improved.
The map was a new map not shown off before. Set in a forest area with industrial buildings, tanks and quad bikes around. I saw people using choppers while I was waiting to play but I never saw one while I played.

Next I played Titanfall. Before you played the game you got to a certain section of the line that let you sit down and watch an introductory video to the game that explained a lot of the mechanics with wireless headphones. This was a nice touch especially given how long the line had been and allowed you to go into the game knowing how a lot of the game worked. When I finally got to play it I was instantly impressed. Game was a blast to play and easy pick up and to get into. Was able to pull of some amazing looking manoeuvres and was just a really exhilarating experience. My wife came out raving about it and had almost no interest in it before we played it even though I'd shown her the gameplay trailer. Pretty much sold us on getting two Xbox Ones to play this and Battlefield 4. I had been heavily leaning towards getting a ps4 instead. Will probably get one down the track though.

Got some hands on time with the Dual Shock 4 controller and it's significantly improved over the DS3. Longer handles allow more comfortable grip and allow you to position your thumbs more comfortably over the analogue sticks which also feel much better and tighter. Shoulder triggers are now concave and feel much nicer and easier to grip with no chance of sliding off. Generally quite impressed with controller but I still give the edge to the Xbox One controller which felt like a nice refinement of 360 controller.

Mario Kart 8 was next. Graphics are stunning in that game. Everything has a nice rounded smooth look to it and the lighting is great. Unfortunately I got stuck playing with motion controls for 2 out of the 3 races but the game looks to be shaping up nicely. Wasn't as impressed as the first time I played MK7 though.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze was after that. Game plays very similar to DKCR but with gorgeous HD Graphics and nice fur on DK. The 3D camera adds a lot to the game especially in the mine kart levels. Looking forward to this.

Super Mario 3D World was ok but didn't blow me away. Played 4 player but spent half the time falling off the back of the screen while one player always raced far ahead leading to half the game being a floating bubble. Was a bit frustrating tbh. I expect the game to be much more fun with just 2 players much like how I found NSMBU and NSMBWii a lot more fun with only 2 players. 4 is a little chaotic.
Didn't play Wind Waker but it looked gorgeous.

Got time with the Oculus Rift. Was really looking forward to it but wasn't that impressed after the novelty wore off. I played a plane demo where you having a dogfight in the skies with about 10 other people. It was cool that you could literally turn your head and look completely behind you or down at your lap and see your pilots hands controlling the plane. I found the graphics to be very blurry. Felt like playing N64 VR lol. Supposedly this was the HD version of the headset too.

That's basically all I had a chance to play. Got hands on with some Skylanders game on ps4 just to get hands on with the DS4. Didn't even check out the dedicated Xbox One and PS4 areas as I ran out of time.
The lines were very reasonable in the Nintendo section and ridiculous for most of the big titles. Spent from 11am to 3pm just playing BF4 and Titanfall once.

Got lots of streetpass see done though! I'll be back there again tomorrow. Want to check out more next gen sections.

Does anyone know of any shops still doing the Day One Forza Xbox bundles still? Not interested in FIFA.

ekim

I decided to go Thursday and Friday this year thinking it might be quieter then the weekend but is the busiest one I've been to in 3 years. Lines were huge even just to get into the expo.

First game I played was Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. Graphics looked really good from a distance and framerate was silky smooth. However having to play the demo from about half a metre away did not do the game any favours. Textures looked muddy but I had the experience with all console games I've tried when playing as close as you'd normally play a PC game with much higher resolutions.
Controls felt great and I really liked the Xbox One controller. Feels a little but smaller then 360 controller. Analogue sticks feel really great as do the triggers. D-pad has awesome distinct "click" to it now and much improved.
The map was a new map not shown off before. Set in a forest area with industrial buildings, tanks and quad bikes around. I saw people using choppers while I was waiting to play but I never saw one while I played.

Next I played Titanfall. Before you played the game you got to a certain section of the line that let you sit down and watch an introductory video to the game that explained a lot of the mechanics with wireless headphones. This was a nice touch especially given how long the line had been and allowed you to go into the game knowing how a lot of the game worked. When I finally got to play it I was instantly impressed. Game was a blast to play and easy pick up and to get into. Was able to pull of some amazing looking manoeuvres and was just a really exhilarating experience. My wife came out raving about it and had almost no interest in it before we played it even though I'd shown her the gameplay trailer. Pretty much sold us on getting two Xbox Ones to play this and Battlefield 4. I had been heavily leaning towards getting a ps4 instead. Will probably get one down the track though.

Got some hands on time with the Dual Shock 4 controller and it's significantly improved over the DS3. Longer handles allow more comfortable grip and allow you to position your thumbs more comfortably over the analogue sticks which also feel much better and tighter. Shoulder triggers are now concave and feel much nicer and easier to grip with no chance of sliding off. Generally quite impressed with controller but I still give the edge to the Xbox One controller which felt like a nice refinement of 360 controller.

Mario Kart 8 was next. Graphics are stunning in that game. Everything has a nice rounded smooth look to it and the lighting is great. Unfortunately I got stuck playing with motion controls for 2 out of the 3 races but the game looks to be shaping up nicely. Wasn't as impressed as the first time I played MK7 though.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze was after that. Game plays very similar to DKCR but with gorgeous HD Graphics and nice fur on DK. The 3D camera adds a lot to the game especially in the mine kart levels. Looking forward to this.

Super Mario 3D World was ok but didn't blow me away. Played 4 player but spent half the time falling off the back of the screen while one player always raced far ahead leading to half the game being a floating bubble. Was a bit frustrating tbh. I expect the game to be much more fun with just 2 players much like how I found NSMBU and NSMBWii a lot more fun with only 2 players. 4 is a little chaotic.
Didn't play Wind Waker but it looked gorgeous.

Got time with the Oculus Rift. Was really looking forward to it but wasn't that impressed after the novelty wore off. I played a plane demo where you having a dogfight in the skies with about 10 other people. It was cool that you could literally turn your head and look completely behind you or down at your lap and see your pilots hands controlling the plane. I found the graphics to be very blurry. Felt like playing N64 VR lol. Supposedly this was the HD version of the headset too.

That's basically all I had a chance to play. Got hands on with some Skylanders game on ps4 just to get hands on with the DS4. Didn't even check out the dedicated Xbox One and PS4 areas as I ran out of time.
The lines were very reasonable in the Nintendo section and ridiculous for most of the big titles. Spent from 11am to 3pm just playing BF4 and Titanfall once.

Got lots of streetpass see done though! I'll be back there again tomorrow. Want to check out more next gen sections.

Does anyone know of any shops still doing the Day One Forza Xbox bundles still? Not interested in FIFA.

Thanks for the impressions. How large were the TVs running BF4?

Thanks for the impressions. How large were the TVs running BF4?

TVs were probably 40". And you were way to close to them. I had to lean as far back as possible. Had same issue with BF3 and AC3 a few years ago at the expo.

60 FPS really changes the feel of the game for the better. Game was 32 players as well and felt well populated.

how is it x_x

Titan Fall was awesome. I had no intention of buying the game because ti was only going to be multiplayer but I came away very impressed by it. I am now going to buy it. The game was really fun. Graphics were crisp, the sound was good but best of all the gameplay was on point.

How are Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart?

BAYONETTA 2 WAS FUCKING AWESOME. I am buying a Wii U just for this game, there is no other game on the Wii U I give a shit about but this game. Nintendo has my money.

HT UK

I find it annoying that free swag has turned into "free swag only if you pre-order at GAME". The Batman swag looked cool, but I've already paid for the game on Steam. Does this kind of crap happen at Gamescom etc? It's gotten worse in recent years. Originally it was just pre-order anywhere.

My game of the show was Titanfall by far, was really fun to play.

Loved the Dualshock 4. Probably just my weird taste but I enjoyed Resogun more than Killzone.

Not a fan of the Xbox one controller tbh. The tiny analogues and weird grips don't feel right to me.

Everything I managed to play:
- Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)
- Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate (Vita)
- Battlefield 4 (Xbox One)
- Dying Light (PC w/ 360 pads)
- Final Fantasy X HD (PS3...no Vita in sight)
- Killzone: Shadow Fall
- Resogun
- Tearaway
- The Sims 4 (Was just an extremely limited character creator)
- Titanfall (PC w/ 360 pads)
- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Oh and those PS4 fast track passes were f*cking amazing.

Make sure you post detailed impressions.

Right, so in total I must have waited about an hour and half to get hands. I got too hungry after an hour (hadnt eaten all day due to work etc) so I went to grab food and check back later. Thankfully it only required about another half hour, if that.

They had a depressing 2 pod set up for this, next to another 2 pods for W101 (which is fine as more awareness is good for it). I seriously don't think Nintendo quite realise these types of games do draw a decent amount of people not to mention the demo can be up to 15 minutes long for the average player. Basically, this was in a corner of their booth. A visible corner if you walk on that end of the floor, sure, but could have been better. For a game they have managed to nab as an exclusive that isn't first party you would totally expect some major push.

I can't really go into much detail (because I am terrible at the game) but I can honestly say it plays just fine. It's just as you would expect. If you remember any of her combos then you will fair better, but even then I was still getting to grips fairly easily all over again. It just took me a few minutes to adjust to the Gamepad as it's the fist time actually using one. Also did traditional controls, so no touch screen on my time.

If you don't like Witch Time, then too bad. That's still in there but probably turned off for IC mode. Building Umbra special meter seemed pretty quick and I am guessing it was the demo but I was on the brink of death on the boss for a long time but didn't die when I was certain I should have died at at two points. I chalk it up to being a friendly demo.

The final boss encounter for it was one of the demon things (forgive me for forgetting the names!) that Bayonetta has pacts with. It was pretty cool. Cool design and a cool fight.

Camera seemed to be fairly stable with only the odd, but usual times where somethings obstructs the view. Wasn't very often to be a pain in the demo and if it's anything like the first game's then it should be pretty good.

If Gamepad Pro is an option rather than the tablet pad then that'll really do well for traditional players. The tablet would be uncomfortable to use for long periods if it wasn't bolted down like it is on the floor.

Overall, Bayonetta fans should have nothing to worry about and P* seem to be on track for another solid title. I should say though that compared to the thread hear discussing the recent screenshots (no jaggies), it wasn't quite like that. Plenty of jaggies but I'm not too picky with Bayo. Looked as good as the first game anyway and really, Bayo just excels in gameplay some jaggies aren't going to spoil my fun. Except in that PS3 vs 360 case of the first game, heh.

Meanwhile, queues for everything else was a nightmare! Avoided PS4 and Occulus was quite busy too. Saw a pretty cool Omni (?) setup that was full on VR. Very Batman Beyond, I thought. Strong potential for the far future, though.

Managed to try Resogun in the Virgin booth, so check there if you want a quick hands on instead of the PS area. I can see it being frustratingly addictive, that's for sure. I enjoyed what I played. Colourful, bright game, smooth looking, great controls and fun to play. Heck, just fun to watch as well. It's like the Fantavision for PS4!

That's all I tried as I wasn't interested in waiting for the likes of Knack (also in the Virgin booth which is usually pretty empty) and totally forgot about 18+ section until near the end. Found it was too easy to overlook.

Have to say though, looking at Knack, I'm slightly disappointed/concerned. Given Cerny's rep, I'm disappointed his game has some obvious framerate issues. I'm not one to usually bother complaining but man, Knack was seriously suffering inconsistent and almost uncomfortable rates for me and I'm not even a PC-60+FPS gamer!

Also, pretty sure Square had their TVs set up for post processing on the images. FFX HD and LR looked good still but was also jarring at the same time. Almost seemed like they had some smooth motion setting switched on or something.

UNCMark

Banned

So does your avatar sum up your initial impressions of Titanfall?

image.php

Right, so in total I must have waited about an hour and half to get hands. I got too hungry after an hour (hadnt eaten all day due to work etc) so I went to grab food and check back later. Thankfully it only required about another half hour, if that.

They had a depressing 2 pod set up for this, next to another 2 pods for W101 (which is fine as more awareness is good for it). I seriously don't think Nintendo quite realise these types of games do draw a decent amount of people not to mention the demo can be up to 15 minutes long for the average player. Basically, this was in a corner of their booth. A visible corner if you walk on that end of the floor, sure, but could have been better. For a game they have managed to nab as an exclusive that isn't first party you would totally expect some major push.

I can't really go into much detail (because I am terrible at the game) but I can honestly say it plays just fine. It's just as you would expect. If you remember any of her combos then you will fair better, but even then I was still getting to grips fairly easily all over again. It just took me a few minutes to adjust to the Gamepad as it's the fist time actually using one. Also did traditional controls, so no touch screen on my time.

If you don't like Witch Time, then too bad. That's still in there but probably turned off for IC mode. Building Umbra special meter seemed pretty quick and I am guessing it was the demo but I was on the brink of death on the boss for a long time but didn't die when I was certain I should have died at at two points. I chalk it up to being a friendly demo.

The final boss encounter for it was one of the demon things (forgive me for forgetting the names!) that Bayonetta has pacts with. It was pretty cool. Cool design and a cool fight.

Camera seemed to be fairly stable with only the odd, but usual times where somethings obstructs the view. Wasn't very often to be a pain in the demo and if it's anything like the first game's then it should be pretty good.

If Gamepad Pro is an option rather than the tablet pad then that'll really do well for traditional players. The tablet would be uncomfortable to use for long periods if it wasn't bolted down like it is on the floor.

Overall, Bayonetta fans should have nothing to worry about and P* seem to be on track for another solid title. I should say though that compared to the thread hear discussing the recent screenshots (no jaggies), it wasn't quite like that. Plenty of jaggies but I'm not too picky with Bayo. Looked as good as the first game anyway and really, Bayo just excels in gameplay some jaggies aren't going to spoil my fun. Except in that PS3 vs 360 case of the first game, heh.

Meanwhile, queues for everything else was a nightmare! Avoided PS4 and Occulus was quite busy too. Saw a pretty cool Omni (?) setup that was full on VR. Very Batman Beyond, I thought. Strong potential for the far future, though.

Managed to try Resogun in the Virgin booth, so check there if you want a quick hands on instead of the PS area. I can see it being frustratingly addictive, that's for sure. I enjoyed what I played. Colourful, bright game, smooth looking, great controls and fun to play. Heck, just fun to watch as well. It's like the Fantavision for PS4!

That's all I tried as I wasn't interested in waiting for the likes of Knack (also in the Virgin booth which is usually pretty empty) and totally forgot about 18+ section until near the end. Found it was too easy to overlook.

Have to say though, looking at Knack, I'm slightly disappointed/concerned. Given Cerny's rep, I'm disappointed his game has some obvious framerate issues. I'm not one to usually bother complaining but man, Knack was seriously suffering inconsistent and almost uncomfortable rates for me and I'm not even a PC-60+FPS gamer!

Also, pretty sure Square had their TVs set up for post processing on the images. FFX HD and LR looked good still but was also jarring at the same time. Almost seemed like they had some smooth motion setting switched on or something.

Thanks. Seems in keeping with what ive heard. Still want to delve in the combat system...IC looks far too broken to me, I hope there is a accessory that turns it off just like witch time.

Thanks. Seems in keeping with what ive heard. Still want to delve in the combat system...IC looks far too broken to me, I hope there is a accessory that turns it off just like witch time.

Probably something similar to the first game's selection of items. Just hope they're not forced to make some of the cool content DLC. That'll be a real shame as the first game was really such a great example of packing a game with neat unlockables. Times have changed...

Chobel

So, For anyone who played BF4 in Xbox One. Was there really no shadows?

We have a video showing BF4 missing shadows. Was it the same case for everybody?

Blizzje

Was the Knack demo the same build as the Gamescom one? Hopefully they can iron out the frame rate issues before retail.

You cut a hat out of paper in-game with touch input so you can make whatever shape you want that you place on a squirrel's head, which reminded of LittleBigPlanet. I'm waiting for someone to make a dick-shaped hat for the squirrel.
I loved that feature! It might be a gimmick but it felt really cool :) sup per impressed with tearaway.

Audioboxer

Will be at the David Cage session if anyone wants to track me down. Wearing a grey/burgundy top and with a small blonde girl haha.

On my way now, slept in a bit again.

Audioboxer

Yeah, the record scratching is pretty cool in Tearaway. Forgot to add there's a lot of camera stuff that might remind you of Teletubbies. The Vita takes a picture of You and you're now the sun :D "You" and the tearaway dude/girl are in this together.

My GF made a dick hat haha

afoni

Banned
I'm gonna be there from 10-12 today. Going in with insane hope to try out a next gen console.

Edit: was watch dogs on next gen?

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
Dear god. This queue is much longer than at the same time yesterday. Glad I brought a drink with me because it is very hot in this queue.

Bundy

Banned
Just wrote up my impressions for PSNStores, i'll post them here when they go live.

PS4 stuff was good, in parts. Knack was entertaining for the length of the demo, but no idea how they can sustain that for a whole game. The frame rate did bog all the time though, all those physics objects.

Driveclub is Project Gotham crossed with burnout paradise's multiplayer. I know, right!

Resogun is the tits.

Hohokum is currently my game of the show.

A man was wandering around with a laptop. On that laptop is a demo of the new Stanley Parable. I loved it so much. Tied with Hohokum perhaps.

That Batman Vita game? Sort of good! the 2.5d stuff is kind of odd from time to time, but the combat feels close to the console game.

If there's any games you want to know about, ask me and i'll see if i can remember if i saw them.

ibsU4xBUiOhaCd.gif

Day 1, baby!

One of my most anticipated games!!

Lots of queues but got what I came to play:

Killzone: Shadowfall / PS4
Felt really nice holding the controller. Perfect even for me I must say, grippy texture really helps on the back and the triggers and bumpers had a certain weight to them but didn't feel flimsy in the slightest.

Now to the actual game. It felt like killzone and played like killzone so I was happy! Absolutley love the new weapons they showed and they felt powerful when using them!

Forza 5 / Xbox One
Hmmm I had trouble getting used to the controller...While holding it felt fine the triggers and bumpers are what bothers me with the controller. They felt really off and uncomfortable when using them. The triggers especially, I didn't know if i was meant to press them at the top or the bottom of it. They felt like your fingers are in a bucket and my fingers kept slipping.

Now the bumpers well they just looked cheap. I had to stretch my fingers over to them just to press them because of where the triggers are.

Overall the sticks and actually holding the controller felt ok but much improvements to be made imo

Now to Forza 5, after all the hype surrounding this game I felt slightly dissapointed. Handling felt fine as with all forza games they know their way with cars. The graphics are really not what I saw in the trailers so I am just holding my hopes until release.

In car view I had a constant glitch where the windscreen kept on flickering in and out of existence which shocked me but still the game is still in development so its bound to be ironed out come release day.

Titanfall
Played it and loved it! It is a mixture of mech games, call of duty and brink with the parkour speed and agility but finely tuned to make it into one of my games on show.
Moment I absolutely loved was when I had to eject out of my titan and landed on an enemy titan to completely destroy it in a completely badass way...I loved every moment of the game

Those are just a few games I have played. Really enjoyed the day

Spookie

Running while sending that. Made it to the PS4 booth with the first batch. Phew.

Edit: I was attempting to say that we being super pass holders are supposed to be first through the gate. It's the reason we paid the premium.

winstano

Had an awesome day yesterday, here's what I managed to get played:

Resogun - That game is mental in all the right ways. Feels chaotic but manageable, and it looks phenomenal, so much going on but sticks rigidly to 60fps
Octodad - Great fun, really worth playing
Killzone - Looks brilliant, plays really well, I'm sold on it
DriveClub Handling's really twitchy, and I'm hoping this is still the really early build that they had a Gamescom, it didn't wow me as much as I was hoping it to.
Forza 5 - Looks really nice. Handles like Forza, really!
Tearaway - Interesting game, looks a lot more structured that LittleBigPlanet was.
Hotline Miami 2 - It's more Hotline Miami, although they've gimped Tony! You can now no longer hold any weapons at all when using him
Assassin's Creed IV - It's Assassin's Creed. With Pirates. Looks gorgeous
Batman Arkham Origins - Felt like it was more of the same, I'm not sure if that's what's needed from a new Batman game, but it played really well and looks nice too.
Surgeon Simulator on Oculus Rift - Amazing. Absolutely amazing tech. Spent the last couple of minutes in the demo trying to stab myself with the anaesthetic needle, and when I did it was just insane! Incredible piece of kit.
Super Mario 3D World - Really good fun, had a couple of randoms join in with the demo and it was a really good laugh.
Zelda - Link Between Worlds - Wasn't too taken with it, maybe the demo area wasn't the best choice, but it didn't feel like there was much fresh in the game. The area I played didn't make use of the "melt into walls" feature at all :-/
Hohokum Man, that game looks pretty, but I have NO idea what I was doing!

Also got to see (but not play):

Volume - looks really cool, very interesting concept, like Metal Gear with sound waves.
Gran Turismo 6 - Really really nice looking for a PS3 game
BF4 - Yeah, it's Battlefield, looks beautiful
Knack - Hmmmmm.. Framerate is *very* hit and miss.
Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Really interesting title. Procedurally generated FPS set in olde-timey surroundings. Looked really impressive and had a chat with the dev as well.

PS4 controller felt nicer than the Xbox One pad. Xbox sticks felt very small, buttons felt a bit too spongey and it felt a lot more angular than the 360 pad. Triggers were nice though, I'll probably pick one up when I get a gaming PC sorted out. PS4's just felt a lot nicer overall, the touchpad seemed to be decent, although it was a little "loose" on the ones I played that weren't wrapped with a cable.

Met Mike Bithell and Jonathan Biddle, talked about plans for the future etc, Biddle was awesome and very open about his future plans!

Oh, and I managed to break an Xbox One. Hit the guide button during Forza, it went to the dash, I clicked to go back into it, it briefly did, then went back to the guide, back into the game, guide, then the screen went black. Turned it back on and nothing happened. One of the guys came over and eventually got it running again, fed me some line about the cache being full and I eventually finished the Forza demo.

All in all, cemented my PS4 preorder as a good idea. The Xbox One is friggin' enormous, and the queue for Titanfall was utterly ridiculous. It looked like they only had 8 PC's there to play it on, which was a real shock to me, when you consider games like PES had 32 stations set up...

Wunder

In the queue for Titanfall, it's going to be a long one. Only moved once in the past 20 minutes and my phone is running out of battery!

In the queue for Titanfall, it's going to be a long one. Only moved once in the past 20 minutes and my phone is running out of battery!

Demos/gameplay at expos like this need to be shorter. Especially the multiplayer ones. You can often find folks sat at a Eurogamer terminal for 30mins or longer.

Top Bottom