• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision GAF

Liljagare

It's that time of the year again. Swedens first round is over, Smash into Pieces was the first finalist.

Not alot of good songs so far at all, this was, decent?

What I've heard so far is much worse than the past two years; it's like they all have a good verse, or a good chorus, or bridge etc., but I haven't heard a single one that brings it together to be good as a whole.

Malachai

Olly Alexander is doing ours for the U.K. this year. If the stuff he does with Years and Years is anything to go by we should have a good chance at doing well this year.

Trilobit

My childhood memories of Eurovision consist of an abundance of fruitsallad with whipped cream and bowls of chips. Good times! Don't have the patience to sit through it nowadays though.

fruktsallad.jpg

Last edited:

Liljagare

I think we just saw who's going to take it.

Danny Saucedo, he just sent it.

Only good songs tonight in the Swedish semis, which kinds of sucks, last week was horrible, all songs in tonights session could have won last week.

Hate of that works.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
EBU is asking Israel to change the lyrics of the song because they are too political, Israel is saying no and will abort the competition for the first time ever.

In the 80's Euro in Germany, Ofra Haza sang to the German people in their homeland "Chai, Chai, Chai, Ken ani od Chai". Which basically means "alive, alive, yes I'm still alive."

Liljagare

And Sweden will be sending Norwegians. :p

Had my hopes on Danny, Smash into pieces or Medina, but nope. Two Norwegian brothers it is, lol.

Last edited:
I think thus far the ones I think are actually good are Norway, Australia, Netherlands, Ireland. Greece has something interesting too.

I actually quite like the studio version of czechia's song, but her live performance was terrible, she's bouncing around too much and doesn't have the breath contol to match.

Top Bottom