• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever bought something from Telegames.com ???

Hellraizah

Damn, they got really high prices, but they have some rare things listed on their site. Any infos about this site ? Are they reliable ?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I used to live a mile or so away from Telegames UK shop in Kilby Bridge when I was younger, and used to bike over there regularly. They've always been expensive but really do have all the rare stuff.

I've never ordered anything from them online, but they are a straight-up, legit operation.

Freeburn.

Agent X

I bought Iron Soldier 2 for Jaguar CD directly from Telegames several years ago (1998), when it first came out, and I had no problems.

Telegames is also a video game publisher. They are the publisher of Iron Soldier 2, as well as many other games for Jaguar, Lynx, Atari 2600, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and PlayStation.

I've dealt with them before myself. The prices are outrageous, except for the self-published and titles they purchased to publish, like Iron Soldier 2. They are better for picking up the titles that weren't available to the mass market, like the odd Jaguar, Nuon, or classic system games. Otherwise, the prices for the more 'common' collectibles just aren't worth it.

Reputable site. They aren't crooks, just pricey. Then again, if it is something you've been looking for for a long time, is the price worth too much?

Hellraizah

I check mainly for consoles, but, right now, I have a really hard time beliving that they still have TurboGrafX-16 factory sealed, and Jaguar, etc....

I dropped them an e-mail to know exactly if the list is up to date, which I doubt.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out they had factory sealed Jaguars and other classics, they had a reputation for buying stock and warehousing it for future sales.

If you check this news article about Jaguars, Lynxs and Game Gears re-entering the market you'll notice it says that EB & Game were going to offer retro consoles. The experiment turned out to be a failure, and Telegames stepped in and bought all of EB's stock.

Freeburn.

Link316

Banned
I've tried to order from them but they *claim* the items weren't in stock, I do alot of online shopping and think they're another one of those stores that just list old stuff they don't have to get people to place orders, and then you end up only receiving the more common games

Hellraizah

Freeburn said:
I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out they had factory sealed Jaguars and other classics, they had a reputation for buying stock and warehousing it for future sales.

If you check this news article about Jaguars, Lynxs and Game Gears re-entering the market you'll notice it says that EB & Game were going to offer retro consoles. The experiment turned out to be a failure, and Telegames stepped in and bought all of EB's stock.

Freeburn.
Hmmmm really interesting article. Thanx. If it's true that they have factory sealed old consoles I might just get one. I have a little something for brand new consoles. I don't care about used games, though, but I really like to get the console and controller in new condition.

I've read a lot of bad things about the UK part of Telegames on another forum, but nobody seems unhappy about the US one. I'll try to dig deeper, as I don't wanna get into shit with an online store.

Top Bottom