• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVERYONE! They're doing the VIDEOGAMES CAUSE MURDER episode on Law and Order: SVU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

I remember an episode of a similar show from like, 10 years ago. Some kid was obsessed with Mortal Kombat.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Diablos said:
I remember an episode of a similar show from like, 10 years ago. Some kid was obsessed with Mortal Kombat.

Haha, Stabler's son solved the mystery! This hooker got hit by a car and beat up and her money stolen and his son was like, "... This is just like my favorite videogame, INTENSITY!"

BAM!

Fifteen minutes in and a Columbine reference!

DOINK DOINK!

Videogame publisher's name is TEKTOP!

:lol

How does this relate to sex crime though? OMG IS IT KILLING HOOKERS? Please say it's killing hookers.

The episode doesn't come on for another three hours here but I bet it goes something like this.

Random Detective: The dead woman's a hooker.
Cragen: Remember Benson, we don't get to 'pick the vic!'
Benson: But I'm a child of rape!
Stabler: I CAN'T TAKE THIS JOB I WANT TO KILL HOOKERS TOO
Munch: It's the government, man, the CIA killed her.
Ice-T: Bitch had some fine titties.
Cragen: Apparently her 12-year old sister was the killer.
That DA chick: I'm seeking the death penalty.
Benson: How could you?
DA: Okay, I won't.

(edit: YES KILLING HOOKERS)

Willco

Hollywood Square
:lol

LMAO reference.

This is the funniest Law & Order ever!

Nevermind, the QA Tester didn't do it... it was
lewd dude!

Kon Tiki

Banned
Goddamn 24. It is messing up the pacing on other shows. They went from the house to a midnight crime scene in 3 seconds.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Society said:
Goddamn 24. It is messing up the pacing on other shows. They went from the house to a midnight crime scene in 3 seconds.

It is the power of the "Doink! Doink!"

... and now it looks like there is MULTIPLAYER real-life Intensity action!

Willco

Hollywood Square
I find it hysterical that the show is getting on the preachy soapbox about M-rated games, when Detective Stabler is one hell of a shitty parent for letting his 12-year-old son play INTENSITY (teh most violent videogame evar!).

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Heh, this thread is hilarious to read straight through for the first time.

C'mon, no love for Geoffrey Arend as the game designer? Not exactly sure how much I liked the role, but I thought it was amusing that he was the one playing the part.

Willco said:
No, it was a Tapwave Zodiac.

Worst product placement in recent memory. When the kid's father was going on about "hey, let's play scrabble or talk or something" my first thought was: "Yeah, talk about how much money you blew on a Tapwave for your kid."

Crazymoogle said:
Worst product placement in recent memory. When the kid's father was going on about "hey, let's play scrabble or talk or something" my first thought was: "Yeah, talk about how much money you blew on a Tapwave for your kid."
DAD YOU GOTTA GET ME THIS PDA FOR CHRISTMAS IT HAS TETRIS AND EVERYTHING I'M SURE YOU CAN AFFORD IT ON YOUR NYC COP SALARY

Actually, maybe the kid just stole it from a hooker.

J2 Cool

I think this thread warrants it

19991213l.jpg

Willco

Hollywood Square
The funniest thing was that he was playing Pac-Man on his Tapwave Zodiac. He could've bought a GBA SP, Nintendo DS, PSP, etc. for cheaper and play Pac-Man and, y'know, real games.

IIRC... they kinda already did this story once. Some girl in foster care got murdered at a construction site, and they found a wooden toy sword at the crime scene. Trail led them back to the foster mother's "special" teenage son, who was hooked on a violent D&D -style videogame; kid was obsessed with the game, and the dead girl, and thought he had to protect her like you protect the princess in the videogame. I think it ended up being that the foster mother was an abuser, and killed the little girl. Or something.

DMczaf

I like how when the kid was "playing" the game for the detectives, he was typing like he was using MS Word :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They should have made the game that inspired the murderer be the Law and Order game.

ohamsie

Barry Bostwick was the defending attorney for the two video game killers.

He was the mayor on Spin City and also he was in ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom