• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EWKB announces EK-QuantumX watercooling for the PlayStation 5

Draugoth

Gold Member
EWKB Solutions has announced a custom licensed EK-QuantumX CoolingStation Monoblock for PS5. The mod will be available October 20 for $449

EK®, the premium water-cooling gear manufacturer, proudly announces something entirely new and unique: a full-cover monoblock for the Sony® PlayStation® 5. The EK-QuantumX CoolingStation Monoblock for PS5 covers the entirety of the PS5’s PCB and cools all the critical components on the front and back of the PCB. This revolutionary water block for the PlayStation 5 stands as a beacon of coolness amidst a sea of heated gaming sessions. Your PS5 will shed no more sweat while it performs tirelessly to render your favorite fantasy realms on the screen. It is mounted via standard ATX stand-offs for motherboards, making mATX cases a perfect fit for a water-cooled PS5. The monoblock features rich D-RGB lighting on the front with a plexi cutout
EK-QuantumX-CoolingStation-Monoblock-for-PS5-PR5-1030x579.jpg

EK-QuantumX-CoolingStation-Monoblock-for-PS5-PR3-1030x579.jpg

Compatibility:​

This monoblock is compatible with the following revisions of the PlayStation 5. Older revisions are not compatible due to physical differences.
  • CFI-1200A (Japan, Disc Edition)
  • CFI-1200B (Japan, Digital Edition)
  • CFI-1202A (Australia, Disc Edition)
  • CFI-1202B (Australia, Digital Edition)
  • CFI-1208A (Russia, Ukraine, India, Central Asia, Disc Edition)
  • CFI-1208B (Russia, Ukraine, India, Central Asia, Digital Edition)
  • CFI-1215A (North America, Disc Edition)
  • CFI-1215B (North America, Digital Edition)
  • CFI-1216A (Europe, Disc Edition)
  • CFI-1216B (Europe, Digital Edition)
  • CFI-1218A (Singapore, Disc Edition)
  • CFI-1218B (Singapore, Digital Edition)

Technical Details​

• Dimensions (WxDxH): 232,85 x 212,5 x 40,15mm
  • 2x G1/4 ports, in/out
  • Liquid volume is 120ml
  • D-RGB length: 20cm
  • D-RGB connector 3-pin 5V digital LED header
  • LED count: 24
  • LED cable length: 50cm
  • Suitable for mATX PC cases

Availability and Pricing​

The EK-QuantumX CoolingStation Monoblock for PS5 is available for pre-order through the EK Webshop and partner reseller network. This product is expected to ship out in late October 2023. The table below shows the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP), VAT included.

Waste of money. Just replace the shitty fan with a silent one and you are good to go.

Most cost effektive way. As far as I know they are no pipes included?? Means you have to buy that too??

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This is sick first time i'm interested in the PS5 hardware anything that gets it out of that ugly ass router case is epic in my book

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Waste of money. Just replace the shitty fan with a silent one and you are good to go.

Most cost effektive way. As far as I know they are no pipes included?? Means you have to buy that too??
The fan is literally silent. It can be completely silent in my living room and 5 feet from the tv I can’t hear the fan. Pretty sure you are thinking about ps4.

The fan is literally silent. It can be completely silent in my living room and 5 feet from the tv I can’t hear the fan. Pretty sure you are thinking about ps4.
The Nidec fan that was included in my PS5 made this annoying Ufo buzzing noise.

I replaced It with a nearly Dead silent NMB fan.

Thinking about PS4?? What the hell are you talking about??🤦‍♂️

HTK

Banned
This is the dumbest product I’ve seen. PS5 doesn’t need crazy cooling thanks to it's design and engineering.

Now EK wants you to spend $449 (as much as a new PS5) to open up your PS5 and risk fucking it up for cooling that is not needed at all, to improve performance that is not there because consoles have parameters and devs push within those parameters.

This is so dumb and I'm not surprised. I'm also tired of EK and their overpriced products in general and those YouTube influencers need to stop being shills for them.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Getting hardware out of the ugly ass router case to put a completely useless cooling block on it and put it in an even more ugly ass case. Sounds like a win 🥇 lol.

uh you can pick whatever ATX case you want read the site

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Enthusiast level stuff for console? Let's see those thermals and the other pros/cons.
It's wacky enough for me to be curious, lol.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Been using the PS5 for 3 years, and I essentially live in a dustbowl. Haven't heard the fan noise even once.
Exactly. I remember there being an issue with some launch consoles where a manufacturing sticker close to the fan would slip and touch the fan blade as it was spinning and made a minor sound, but that went away once the sticker wore down for those folks. Literally no noise from the fan whatsoever.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
The Nidec fan that was included in my PS5 made this annoying Ufo buzzing noise.

I replaced It with a nearly Dead silent NMB fan.

Thinking about PS4?? What the hell are you talking about??🤦‍♂️
I’m talking about the jet engine fan from ps4 lol. If you had an issue with the fan on your ps5 that’s fine, you were just unlucky apparently, because no one else seems to experience it.

I’m talking about the jet engine fan from ps4 lol. If you had an issue with the fan on your ps5 that’s fine, you were just unlucky apparently, because no one else seems to experience it.
No have no clue what you are talking about.
They are different fans build in the consoles. I was unlucky? They are millions of nidec fans build in.

How do people compare the fan noise If they haven't even replaced their fan??

Maybe people accept the rattling noise of their fans and maybe they just don't give a fuck about that or thinks It's normal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom