• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. Announces 'Yomi wo Saku Hana' for Xbox One (RPG, Spring 201)

Endless

Trailer on YouTube

dkfK1V8k

N0dhHcUM

jW4xQEQ8

oh3EzCJK

Alx

Er, so what kind of game is it ? The trailer isn't really telling. (*edit - nm, RPG it is).

That's awesome. Will gladly support (action)rpgs coming to the xbox one. I hope it get's localized, but even if not I'm just gonna import it (if it's a good game).

I would be surprised if this wasn't a DRPG. It's an Experience game after all.

When they announced Students of Round 2 alongside the Xbox One port of SOSC, they did talk about how they want to make it a tactical RPG. So who knows, I'd be fine if Experience did branch out into other RPG genres.

takoyaki

Great looking teaser and artwork!

Not a lot of info available right now, but this site says the game won't be a Dungeon RPG but appears to be a Hack&Slash RPG.

takoyaki

What do they mean by Hack n Slash ? Dynasty Warriors, Muramasa and Diablo are all hack n slash titles. Yet, none play the same.

I'm not sure, they only say it looks like the game will be a ハクスラRPG (Hack and Slash RPG). If you google the term, you see games that we'd call Action RPGs. My guess would be they mean something like Ys (or Muramasa if it is 2D)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Er, so what kind of game is it ? The trailer isn't really telling. (*edit - nm, RPG it is).

They didnt give any specifics bout the genre yet outside of being part of the usual "hack & slash" designs which seems to mean fast paced combat for them and not like where here in the West its taken on the meaning of like diablo type of games.

Considering it's experience inc., dungeon crawler is a safe bet.

No they stated this is their non DRPG project. Just that there is no genre specified yet.

gar3

I was wondering when the "devs must be stupid/ignorant/want to go bankrupt" posts would come. Experience has a long history of working on Microsoft consoles. Its last game, Stranger of Sword City, was just released digitally in America back in March for Xbox One.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I honestly wonder what the business decision behind this is. I mean, good for anyone who wants this types of games on the Xbox, but I mean... really?

I think diversifying the catalog.

During the 360 era the games that were pushed were a pretty big turn off for me.
I just had more stuff in PS3 that spoke to me.

I think this is good and hope it's not a one off because stuff like this could make me get a X One, that said I'm not really into that teaser footage. My pandering alarm tickles.

Hope that it's first and foremost a decent RPG and not something like Neptunia.

robotnik

I was wondering when the "devs must be stupid/ignorant/want to go bankrupt" posts would come. Experience has a long history of working on Microsoft consoles. Its last game, Stranger of Sword City, was just released digitally in America back in March for Xbox One.
I'm curious how profitable it was.

Warxard

Banned
A Japanese XB1 game 0_0 ?! Did these guys not gotten the memo?

Thought it was Vanillaware for a second too.

Yeah, I honestly wonder what the business decision behind this is. I mean, good for anyone who wants this types of games on the Xbox, but I mean... really?

Odd plattform choice especially for Japan. Cant imagine that they sell more than 1-2k copies on XB1.

I'm curious how profitable it was.

Are you guys like new to Experience or something

Parakeetman

Definitely looking forward to this if it gets localized (and it's good of course), I love Hack N' Slash games.

As mentioned, the "Western" definition of HNS vs theirs are two totally different things. There is a lot of stuff like that in Japan with terminology usage.

_Ryo_

Do Japanese RPGs even sale on xbox?

It's a cool thing anyway, more diverse catalogues are always ideal. I just worry this type of game wont sale well on that platform, in Japan and the studio takes a loss...

Needs to release in the west for sucess I think.

I really like the games use of colour.

T.O.P

Banned
First thing that came to mind was Muramasa after seeing screens, curious to see what's the gameplay like

Warxard

Banned
Experience does do good on it's NA/EU fans on X1. If Stranger of Sword City didn't have that 8 hour demo for me to muck about it I would have never bought it. It's a great game and probably in the running for my favorite RPGs of this year.

Is this truly exclusive to X1? Don't they tend to have ports to like PC and Vita? Like Stranger in the Sword City was Xbox One home console exclusive but released on Vita as well. Hopefully this doesn't come off as port begging, just honestly wondering. Looks beautiful from the art and hopefully X1 owners buy it.

Also, poor form to the poster insulting Neptunia =(

robotnik

It was so unprofitable that they are making another game on Xbox One.
Thank you for non-answer. Japan and west are different markets and I'm interested in western digits. What if this game won't be localized?

Are you guys like new to Experience or something
I bought all their localized releases and know about xone expansion. Not happy about this decision, but still interested in their output.

gar3

Thank you for non-answer. Japan and west are different markets and I'm interested in western digits. What if this game won't be localized?
We have no control over whether or not it will be localized but seeing as how Stranger of Sword City was I would think this has a very good chance of being self-published as well. You already stated in the previous Experience topic that you are not interested in buying an Xbox One console for this developer anyway so why are you even worried?

As mentioned, the "Western" definition of HNS vs theirs are two totally different things. There is a lot of stuff like that in Japan with terminology usage.

Oh I know fam. Call it Hack N' Slash, Beat'em Up or Action RPG I'll take it; I associate Hack N' Slash more with game design than as a genre qualifier and I tend to use genre terminology broadly but I know what they likely mean.

robotnik

We have no control over whether or not it will be localized but seeing as how Stranger of Sword City was I would think this has a very good chance of being self-published as well. You already stated in the previous Experience topic that you are not interested in buying an Xbox One console for this developer anyway so why are you even worried?
Because I wish prosperity for this developer.
Also I'm indeed not buying new console, but I have plan B. I have Xbox on my work and I can buy and play it outside working hours or on weekends. Not liking this plan though :)

Is this truly exclusive to X1? Don't they tend to have ports to like PC and Vita? Like Stranger in the Sword City was Xbox One home console exclusive but released on Vita as well. Hopefully this doesn't come off as port begging, just honestly wondering. Looks beautiful from the art and hopefully X1 owners buy it.

Stranger in the Sword City is a PC and XBOX 360 game actually

Parakeetman

Original SOSC (JP)
PC -> X360 -> Vita

Localized SOSC w/ new art
XBO -> Vita (no idea why the vita was delayed, as it was supposed to come out the same time as the XBO version.)

Parakeetman

Does oxijiyen work at experience or something?

Dont think so, since on his personal page he takes work offers. A lot of these artists are the same as they work on project basis. The Demon Gaze artist Kurosawa Tetsu is also similar to that respect. Professional artists I know here also generally do the work by contract basis also and cover various projects.

Rymuth

Odd plattform choice especially for Japan. Cant imagine that they sell more than 1-2k copies on XB1.
Most likely MS is forking the development cost.
It was so unprofitable that they are making another game on Xbox One.
You're unaware stranger of the sword city was released on Vita? Wouldn't surprise me if the vita sales was what paid for that development.

gar3

You're unaware stranger of the sword city was released on Vita? Wouldn't surprise me if the vita sales was what paid for that development.
More aware than you know but this topic is about Yomi wo Saku Hana being announced for Xbox One in Japan. We have no idea how well Stranger of Sword City did on any of the systems it was released on either physically or digitally nor can we, outside of a guess, determine if one version "paid" for another's development.

Eusis

A Japanese XB1 game 0_0 ?! Did these guys not gotten the memo?

Thought it was Vanillaware for a second too.
Look at prior generations, at least back to the 16-bit era. Japanese developers/publishers have randomly supported more niche platforms, even if things have gradually cooled more to follow certain tent poles.

And I have to imagine they have some western release plans because otherwise... Oh right, we had the likes of SMT Nine.

gar3

What's so "what?"
A poster wondered about the profitability of the previous title, digitally, in America on Xbox One.
We don't know how well that digital title sold. We probably won't know unless Experience tells us.
What we do know is the company is moving forward with more games on Xbox One.
Yomi wo Saku Hana is one such game.
Since Stranger of Sword City was self-published, digitally, in America on Xbox One it stands to reason this title will, too.
The previous title probably wasn't disastrous, sales-wise, in all territories since Experience is moving forward with more titles but like every other statement in this topic at the end of the day these are all complete and utter guesses.
My guess is Yomi wo Saku Hana will see a self-published digital release in America on Xbox One.
I also foresee myself buying a Japanese physical copy of it if offered.
Do you have a different opinion about this title?

Parakeetman

What's so "what?"
A poster wondered about the profitability of the previous title, digitally, in America on Xbox One.
We don't know how well that digital title sold. We probably won't know unless Experience tells us.
What we do know is the company is moving forward with more games on Xbox One.
Yomi wo Saku Hana is one such game.
Since Stranger of Sword City was self-published, digitally, in America on Xbox One it stands to reason this title will, too.
The previous title probably wasn't disastrous, sales-wise, in all territories since Experience is moving forward with more titles but like every other statement in this topic at the end of the day these are all complete and utter guesses.
My guess is Yomi wo Saku Hana will see a self-published digital release in America on Xbox One.
I also foresee myself buying a Japanese physical copy of it if offered.
Do you have a different opinion about this title?

Since over here is not exactly the "digital revolution" when it comes to games, yeah Id imagine that they will most def have physical copies. Even more so since they are selling to their hardcore fans in Japan who want copies to collect.

Will be interesting to see if they will have English done ahead of time again like SOSC on the XBO. Though since this is still pretty far out 2017 guess we wont know till after DG2 comes out I reckon.

That concept art reminds me I need to go back and finish up my NG+ playthrough of Muramasa Rebirth.

Liking the aesthetic of the few screens shown here.

Kinda looks like MS is helping with it based on the way the trailer starts and ends.

Also, worth noting that Experience is also making a non DRPG PS exclusive title for those saying this is an odd platform choice :p

hawk2025

They are a weird, weird company.

Demon Gaze was far and wide their largest success yet and they are still supporting the Vita in the future. I'm definitely surprised that they would bother with an Xbox One exclusive at this point.

Demon Gaze will probably have sold more on its first week in Japan than all of their Xbox One games combined ever will, lifetime, worldwide.

You have to admire their craziness and commitment to their history with a platform. Makes no sense, but you have to admire it.

Top Bottom