• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. Community Thread: "Dungeons? Yeah we got Dungeons."

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Putting on my tinfoil hat, almost wonder if they planned this from the start to garner some goodwill since release date delays are so widespread and complained about recently. Also happens to coincide with their 500 yen DG1 sale, which ends on the new release day.

Either way you're right though, September is P5 month for me and probably won't buy/play this until October.

Hard to say, no idea how Kadokawa thinks lol seeing as they are the ones in charge of the project being the publisher. Cant think of any good reason to put it in the same month as P5 though. Wonder if they plan on doing some sort of DG2 related at the TGS in order to drive hype and sales later in the month. As you know most of the attention is going to be all on P5 with like Dengeki and Famitsu for the most part. Though Kadokawa does have the $$$ to put DG2 on the cover of Dengeki considering its part of the umbrella. So we will see.

The 500 yen sale stuff is interesting was surprised that they did that since in Japan its pretty rare for any sales to really reach like "Western" sales pricing. Wonder how much sales have gone up from that announcement.

robotnik

After 1,5 months I'm still waiting for SoSC. Probably because I went with cheapest available option for shipping, no tracking either.

Almost platinumed To Heart 2. Stuck on one strange cooperation skill.
http://www18.atwiki.jp/th2dt/pages/61.html
フルボッコ!
殴属性の武器を装備したメンバー4人が連続行動(1人はBS必須)
For this skill I need Bishop class and 4 people equiped with weapons with some strange attribute.
Edit. Stupid me. That's any weapon with Bash-type damage, i.e. axes, staves, books, etc.

Parakeetman

After 1,5 months I'm still waiting for SoSC. Probably because I went with cheapest available option for shipping, no tracking either.

Almost platinumed To Heart 2. Stuck on one strange cooperation skill.
http://www18.atwiki.jp/th2dt/pages/61.html
フルボッコ!
殴属性の武器を装備したメンバー4人が連続行動(1人はBS必須)
For this skill I need Bishop class and 4 people equiped with weapons with some strange attribute.
Edit. Stupid me. That's any weapon with Bash-type damage, i.e. axes, staves, books, etc.

Yeah lol you got it right.

Wtf thats pretty long... Did you order from playasia? Since whenever I hear of packages taking a long ass time thats usually the first online shop that comes to mind lol.

robotnik

Yeah lol you got it right.

Wtf thats pretty long... Did you order from playasia? Since whenever I hear of packages taking a long ass time thats usually the first online shop that comes to mind lol.
I hate play-asia, but for different reasons lol. Overpriced games and shipping, no pre-order bonuses for some games, awful support, etc.
And this time it isn't PA, but amiami. That's my second order from them and first one was delivered without issues, so I dunno what's happened this time.

Got the plat btw. Not good as Dungeon Travelers 2, but still great. Now I'm ready to import 2-2 right after release. Just need a date lol.

Quixzlizx

I hope it's OK if I ask some questions here about Demon Gaze, since the OT is pretty dead. I just defeated Chronos, and I'm having fun so far, except for having to spam a Healing Staff every time I step on a hazard. I'm trying to get as far as I can without any grinding, and right now my party is Gazer/Paladin/Assassin with a Healer in the back row. I plan on rounding out my party with a Wizard.

1. For the assassin, is the chance to Hide completely determined by the LUC stat? Right now it only seems to work around 30% of the time at level 6-7. Also, for the shadow step ability, does the armor/no armor difference matter at the time of leveling, or is it just saying how big of a bonus you'll get at any time? As in, it doesn't matter whether or not you go up a level while wearing armor, and the bonus is determined by whether the character is currently wearing armor or not? If it's the latter, at what point is it advantageous to not wear armor? And is that all four armor slots, or just the body armor slot?

2. Is it OK to start using artifact gems early on as long as you go for the recommended lower level artifacts like Dual Wield and Divine Body? I'm paranoid about permanently nerfing my party early on, although I'm playing at the default difficulty, so I probably can't screw myself too badly.

3. How do I get skulls/mushrooms for the Prometh/Pinay quests? Related to this, while exploring Slave Grave, I found two different Gazer notes that identified secrets, although I couldn't find anything. I then looked it up in a FAQ, and there are supposedly one skull and one mushroom at those spots. I tried kicking with both Comet and Mars, but no dice. Am I missing something, or is the FAQ just not letting me know that I need a different demon from those two?
Edit: Now that I think about it, they may be connected to the treasure map drops. Speaking of those, do I need to keep those, or can I sell them off for the gold? I know they are unique items, but I don't know if they have any use other than letting you know there is a secret in a certain spot.

Parakeetman

I hope it's OK if I ask some questions here about Demon Gaze, since the OT is pretty dead. I just defeated Chronos, and I'm having fun so far, except for having to spam a Healing Staff every time I step on a hazard. I'm trying to get as far as I can without any grinding, and right now my party is Gazer/Paladin/Assassin with a Healer in the back row. I plan on rounding out my party with a Wizard.

1. For the assassin, is the chance to Hide completely determined by the LUC stat? Right now it only seems to work around 30% of the time at level 6-7. Also, for the shadow step ability, does the armor/no armor difference matter at the time of leveling, or is it just saying how big of a bonus you'll get at any time? As in, it doesn't matter whether or not you go up a level while wearing armor, and the bonus is determined by whether the character is currently wearing armor or not? If it's the latter, at what point is it advantageous to not wear armor? And is that all four armor slots, or just the body armor slot?

2. Is it OK to start using artifact gems early on as long as you go for the recommended lower level artifacts like Dual Wield and Divine Body? I'm paranoid about permanently nerfing my party early on, although I'm playing at the default difficulty, so I probably can't screw myself too badly.

3. How do I get skulls/mushrooms for the Prometh/Pinay quests? Related to this, while exploring Slave Grave, I found two different Gazer notes that identified secrets, although I couldn't find anything. I then looked it up in a FAQ, and there are supposedly one skull and one mushroom at those spots. I tried kicking with both Comet and Mars, but no dice. Am I missing something, or is the FAQ just not letting me know that I need a different demon from those two?
Edit: Now that I think about it, they may be connected to the treasure map drops. Speaking of those, do I need to keep those, or can I sell them off for the gold? I know they are unique items, but I don't know if they have any use other than letting you know there is a secret in a certain spot.

1: Ill have to look that up about what stats dictate the effectiveness of Hide. The bonus is just added to the current stats, it has no effect on leveling is how I do believe it works. At least I dont recall having read anything in regards to saying that it has an effect on leveling as would have remembered it if so as that is pretty important if so. In regards to not wearing armor am unsure about that since never done it before. Honestly Id say it would be more a detriment to yourself as if you do get unlucky and get hit its going to be pretty large damage. Plus you would lose out on the various bonuses end game armor can provide.

Just checked the JP wiki it does not mention any specifics in regards to a particular stat dictating hide. So that must mean its just level based. Higher the level you are the higher chance of success. Though LUC effects the following skills for the Assassin - Killer Edge, Cross Fix, Parry.

Not sure why the English google doc lists hide as being effected by LUC since the JP wiki does not have that info and it is by far the most detailed information out there. Like in the JP wiki it states that success rate of Mirage being determined by LUC is unknown. Where as the Eng one says it is. The JP wiki is pretty accurate as have used it in the past for when looking through information in regards to the exp inc games as the data is fairly accurate and they do a pretty good job of updating it. Same wiki site too does all of the Vita exp inc titles also. So Id honestly trust that more. Its where most of the info in the West came from anyways with folks attempting to translate the info and passed it around as there is literally no other source for English info when the game first came out.

2: Artifacts since you have a limited number for each playthrough it will be up to you to decide when you want to use them. So you would have to savescum a lot in order to get the skills you want if you are unlucky. Since there should be more than enough info available now and if you are not adverse to looking up stuff on FAQs would suggest you take a look at what type of skills are available for where. As the dungeons are broken down into tiers which means stronger skills are in later dungeons when you use the artifact gems.

3: Yeah those treasure map drops usually tell locations of stuff. I think a few were special cases that could only be found when conditions are met. You might have to look up the info on a FAQ again. As I cant remember myself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#

Am guessing that was the FAQ you had looked at?

Quixzlizx

1: Ill have to look that up about what stats dictate the effective nes of Hide. The bonus is just added to the current stats, it has no effect on leveling is how I do believe it works. At least I dont recall having read anything in regards to saying that it has an effect on leveling as would have remembered it if so as that is pretty important if so. In regards to not wearing armor am unsure about that since never done it before. Honestly Id say it would be more a detriment to yourself as if you do get unlucky and get hit its going to be pretty large damage. Plus you would lose out on the various bonuses end game armor can provide.

2: Artifacts since you have a limited number for each playthrough it will be up to you to decide when you want to use them. So you would have to savescum a lot in order to get the skills you want if you are unlucky. Since there should be more than enough info available now and if you are not adverse to looking up stuff on FAQs would suggest you take a look at what type of skills are available for where. As the dungeons are broken down into tiers which means stronger skills are in later dungeons when you use the artifact gems.

3: Yeah those treasure map drops usually tell locations of stuff. I think a few were special cases that could only be found when conditions are met. You might have to look up the info on a FAQ again. As I cant remember myself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#

Am guessing that was the FAQ you had looked at?

Thanks for all of the answers. The original FAQ I looked at was the one on GameFAQs, but then I looked at the treasure map tab of the one you linked and noticed that the locations corresponded, and it looks like I need Chronos equipped to get the two I was trying to get before.

On the artifacts tab of that spreadsheet, they have recommended/definite grab artifacts in the rank E/D tiers, such as Dual Wield, so I guess it's OK to use a couple of artifact gems early as long as I save/reload for the good ones.

Is there any way to fix your formation other than Whistle? At
the fight at the inn after you defeat Chronos, I got totally screwed when the second head switched my formation around.
I managed to grind out a win, but my Gazer wasn't level 10 yet, so my party was just sitting there uselessly for the most part while one character slowly whittled down its HP.

Also, the double item use artifact + healing staff is really good on a healer so you can save her MP for buffs/debuffs during boss fights.

Parakeetman

Thanks for all of the answers. The original FAQ I looked at was the one on GameFAQs, but then I looked at the treasure map tab of the one you linked and noticed that the locations corresponded, and it looks like I need Chronos equipped to get the two I was trying to get before.

On the artifacts tab of that spreadsheet, they have recommended/definite grab artifacts in the rank E/D tiers, such as Dual Wield, so I guess it's OK to use a couple of artifact gems early as long as I save/reload for the good ones.

Is there any way to fix your formation other than Whistle? At
the fight at the inn after you defeat Chronos, I got totally screwed when the second head switched my formation around.
I managed to grind out a win, but my Gazer wasn't level 10 yet, so my party was just sitting there uselessly for the most part while one character slowly whittled down its HP.

Also, the double item use artifact + healing staff is really good on a healer so you can save her MP for buffs/debuffs during boss fights.

Outside of Whistle there does not seem to be any other way to counteract the effect besides having sub weapons equipped with ranged capabilities then praying for a good outcome with the battle. You can use Whistle before a battle too which acts as a 1 time protection to the effect of row switching.

Yeah double use is pretty handy since in this game there is literally no negative effect to constantly using items that have a healing ability such as the healing staff.

robotnik

New trailer for the JP Demon Gaze II showing the planned free extra content which is planned for fall later this year.

https://youtu.be/zLXyl9g5lv4

Think this is the first time they have actually done additional content like this?
And should be pretty long, playtime is almost equal to main story!

Also finally some news about Dungeon Travelers 2-2 - https://twitter.com/toby_dak/status/777851720642678785
Spring 2017. The book of the beginning and the darkness of Fallen Maiden.

Took me a while, but here's the promised interview with Ataka-san: https://crpgbook.wordpress.com/2016/10/08/interview-motoya-ataka-on-japanese-dungeon-rpgs/

Nothing groundbreaking, but some nice insights:

Motoya Ataka: I remember when I played Wizardry as a child, the game was so intellectual – and the people who played it seemed so cool – that it completely blew away the stereotypical image of the video game otaku. During the genesis of the Japanese RPG (the Famicom’s prime), such an awe-inspiring game coming from the West shook up the Japanese RPG genre and would captivate gamers’ hearts for years to come.

Parakeetman

Took me a while, but here's the promised interview with Ataka-san: https://crpgbook.wordpress.com/2016/10/08/interview-motoya-ataka-on-japanese-dungeon-rpgs/

Nothing groundbreaking, but some nice insights:

Oh cool thanks for sharing this.

You know there is one thing that Ive always wanted to ask which is why do they never use the "Thief / Rogue" type of class in their games lol.

Its kinda weird considering they use all the other standard classes except for that one.

I dont think any of their games have had an actual thief / rogue class. Its always been like ninjas or ranger types but no actual thief. Even Demon Gaze 2 does not have one with the demons. Closest thing is the demon that is a Scout.

dkoy

So no-one's going to talk about how SoSC 1.5 is getting localised? Everyone here thought it wasn't going to make it and I haven't even finished the original but any of you here planning to give it a go?

Parakeetman

So no-one's going to talk about how SoSC 1.5 is getting localised? Everyone here thought it wasn't going to make it and I haven't even finished the original but any of you here planning to give it a go?

The OT went up.

Game is a massive improvement over the original thats for sure. Hilarious how a lot of the things added came from user gathered feedback in Japan.

Though most def makes it a lot more enjoyable of an experience due to the additional features and whatnots. The new classes that you can drag into combat with you are not too bad either. Though the doll master or whatever its called is a bit weird. Similar to the Conjurer in the Operation Abyss / Babel series.

Im looking to import SOSC revisited since I have it digitally in English and it doesn't look like we're getting a LRG physical. Is the CE/Limited edition worth it if I own the SOSC NISA CE? anyone know?

Ephidel

Im looking to import SOSC revisited since I have it digitally in English and it doesn't look like we're getting a LRG physical. Is the CE/Limited edition worth it if I own the SOSC NISA CE? anyone know?
There isn't really a limited edition. The first print had a light novel and an extra box to hold them together, but that's it. The novel is all text with the occasional (not great) image.
DoMRh8H.jpg
gK5wb1V.jpg
(Please excuse the dodgy bedspread and low quality phone images).

Parakeetman

Yeah no real limited or ce just all that you see in the post above.

No idea if you can even find copies of the first print stuff available. Not exactly worth it if you cant read Japanese since its pretty much just a book unless you just want to collect it.

Game itself seems to be 3000~ and marketplace sellers that have the first print w/ novel edition have it for 5000-7000~

There isn't really a limited edition. The first print had a light novel and an extra box to hold them together, but that's it. The novel is all text with the occasional (not great) image.

(Please excuse the dodgy bedspread and low quality phone images).

Yeah no real limited or ce just all that you see in the post above.

No idea if you can even find copies of the first print stuff available. Not exactly worth it if you cant read Japanese since its pretty much just a book unless you just want to collect it.

Game itself seems to be 3000~ and marketplace sellers that have the first print w/ novel edition have it for 5000-7000~

Thanks both. I think Ill get the standard then and also look into importing the X360 release. for some reason the collector in me enjoys buying physical releases of games from genres that are rarely seen on a platform like JP games on Xbox stuff, CRPGs on consle etc.

Top Bottom