• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EYE: Divine Cybermancy |OT| Eye For An Eye - Indie FPS/RPG, Source engine

Herla

So how does Co-op work? Can you just invite friends into your game or do you have to set up a server?
Because there's a tutorial on the official site that scares me a bit, it's too much for my little head.

abunai

Herla said:
So how does Co-op work? Can you just invite friends into your game or do you have to set up a server?
Because there's a tutorial on the official site that scares me a bit, it's too much for my little head.

If your router is set up properly, you can just host a listen server (in-game) and someone can connect to your ip (look it up, whatsmyip.com). If not, you'll either have to forward ports or use a software workaround like hamachi.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Herla said:

you invite your friends, and you go to missions together. Progress is saved automatically. Next time you want to play you just setup the same server again (it should be the same guy) and you go from the point you quit.

TWO IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW AT THE MOMENT

1)One player (the who host the game preferably) should do the talking. No other players are allowed to talk to the same NPC (or any other) at the same moment. Your game will lock up in a dialogue.

2)Only one player (host preferably) should do all objectives (like taking a briefcase and delivering it to the mentor for example). For example my coop partner delivered the case and I started talking with my mentor but the mentor didn't recognize the suitcase so he just gave me the same mission. We had to restart.

Aon

subversus said:

1)One player (the who host the game preferably) should do the talking. No other players are allowed to talk to the same NPC (or any other) at the same moment. Your game will lock up in a dialogue.

This very much so. We got this in the HQ, and had to do another entire run through of the tutorial to get back up to that point.

During which I showed off my mad katana skills ;D

subversus said:

2)Only one player (host preferably) should do all objectives (like taking a briefcase and delivering it to the mentor for example). For example my coop partner delivered the case and I started talking with my mentor but the mentor didn't recognize the suitcase so he just gave me the same mission. We had to restart.

This really turned me off from the game for a while. I may give it another go now that we know how to prevent the lock ups. It's still pretty shitty that whoever you are playing with will basically have to skip out on the entire story.

They should have the dialog appear on all players' screens and only give dialog control to the person that started the dialog. Either that or make it so that all players can read all dialog and accept/complete the same quests.

subversus

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
This really turned me off from the game for a while. I may give it another go now that we know how to prevent the lock ups. It's still pretty shitty that whoever you are playing with will basically have to skip out on the entire story.

They should have the dialog appear on all players' screens and only give dialog control to the person that started the dialog.

lol, we played with a dev today so when I started talking with a guy he started talking with him too to check the bug. So we ended up locked up in a dialogue as usual and he tried to despawn a guy through the console to get out but instead of this our game crashed.

But other than this COOP is awesome. I'll write about it later.

Spat_triate

Is there any way to increase the font or interface size. I'm getting a headache trying to read through the mountains of text in this game.

robin2

Anyone has figured out how researched items work?
If you research something, you'll find it in the black-equipment-closets afterward?

Also: I found (and equipped/fired) the heavy sub-machine gun, but in the black-equipment-closets it'is still unavailable.. I there a way to unlock it or I just need to progress till a certain point of the campaign?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kuro_madoushi/

add me on steam. I'll give co op a shot

impressions

- So dark...I can't see a lot :p
- My god the controls are so clunky...'hit enter'? I gotta move my lazy fingers all the way over? Why isn't it 'e'?
- Do I REALLY have to access the tutorial video?
- What the FUCK is the tutorial video trying to get across?
- Why is the font so messed up? Hurts my eyes...
- Hacking? wha...DEAD?! WHAAAAAAT?! Oh, it's a mini turn based combat system
- Talking to robot to get memories...skipping quickly...HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T MEAN TO ATTACK YOU! ARGH! WHY IS EVERYONE SHOOTIN AT ME?! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT...FUUUUUUU
- Respawn...wait...I have minus attributes now? How do I get rid of them?
- What happens if I jump into this little...dead...
- Hmmm...what did I pick up? Ok, checkin invento...HOLY SHIT THAT DUDE JUST TURNED THE CORNER...wait...he just walked back :p
- Huh...I'm in water! Neat! Ok...climbing up a ladder now and GRENADE?! THE FUCK DID THAT COME FRO...dead...

Since a dev is on here. You guys really got something neat going, but there are some SEVERE tweaking that needs to be done. The controls are clunky and awkward after playing tightly refined games like L4D. I realize you have to set the quick controls for abilities, but there has to be a better way to set that up than having to go into the menu. Please do something about accidentally attacking someone :p (related to control issues). Please fix the typos...and while you're at it, try to be a bit more evident in the story telling. The first part is kinda 'wtf is going on...talking to this dude...what the hell are you talking about????????'

I've mentioned a lot of bad things, but I did STILL buy it and I'm going to put more time into it. I see a lot of potential, and I hope some patches will fix things up.

edit: oh, please add something to minimize the goddamn bobbing when you walk. There are some of us here who get motion sickness...

subversus

Kuro Madoushi said:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kuro_madoushi/

- My god the controls are so clunky...'hit enter'? I gotta move my lazy fingers all the way over? Why isn't it 'e'?

then make it E. Also everything is mappable, it takes 2 minutes to setup. As for movement and shooting I enjoy it greatly.

and you should buy an eye implant, darkness won't be a problem. It's gameplay element as a lot of enemies tend to shoot you from dark places, it's harder to spot them.

robin2 said:
If you research something, you'll find it in the black-equipment-closets afterward?

Also: I found (and equipped/fired) the heavy sub-machine gun, but in the black-equipment-closets it'is still unavailable.. I there a way to unlock it or I just need to progress till a certain point of the campaign?

you need to get to the base. Also your researches are items unlocked in shops or armory.

Kuro Madoushi said:
- So dark...I can't see a lot :p
Turn up gamma?
Relocate it to 'e', you play a PC game, customize your controls
- Do I REALLY have to access the tutorial video?
no? I wasn't forced to watch them all
- What the FUCK is the tutorial video trying to get across?
the basics of the game, and they do it good
- Why is the font so messed up? Hurts my eyes...
agree
- Hacking? wha...DEAD?! WHAAAAAAT?! Oh, it's a mini turn based combat system
Yeah, pretty awesome. You can even kill enemies through hacking.
- Talking to robot to get memories...skipping quickly...HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T MEAN TO ATTACK YOU! ARGH! WHY IS EVERYONE SHOOTIN AT ME?! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT...FUUUUUUU
I don't even know what you are trying to say here?
- Respawn...wait...I have minus attributes now? How do I get rid of them?
Every 10th dead gives you permanent statsdebuff, deal with it.
- What happens if I jump into this little...dead...
Be more careful ;)

I really can't share any of your impressions, I don't know what your problem is, really

subversus

Tryckser said:
I really can't share any of your impressions, I don't know what your problem is, really
also you can hack enemies to get energy from them.

Herla

subversus said:
you invite your friends, and you go to missions together. Progress is saved automatically. Next time you want to play you just setup the same server again (it should be the same guy) and you go from the point you quit.

So you can't just invite someone in your campaign, do a couple of missions together, and then continue playing alone when he disconnects? Or it's just to have a "proper" co-op story?

Also, I think I found a bug...during a mission, after I finished a research, I could start new researches without spending money. When I returned to the main hub I couldn't start new researches anymore (the money was still there, I used it to upgrade a "thing").

subversus

Herla said:
So you can't just invite someone in your campaign, do a couple of missions together, and then continue playing alone when he disconnects? Or it's just to have a "proper" co-op story?

Also, I think I found a bug...during a mission, after I finished a research, I could start new researches without spending money. When I returned to the main hub I couldn't start new researches anymore (the money was still there, I used it to upgrade a "thing").

no, solo and coop campaigns are separate but all your weapons, inventory and your character are the shared between them, so you can upgrade your character in coop and then return to beat the same mission in single player but in another way with new equipment and new settings.

also yes, I recommend everybody to wait for patches. The game is playable but a lot of things should be ironed out. My buddy accidentally shot the robot too after talking with him, lol.

Max

I am not Max
No idea if he mentioned it here but I read on the Steam forums skacky saying that they will be adding more lighting in a coming patch because the color correction makes everything way too dark, and the flashlight is basically useless. So if you're having trouble seeing things even with the gamma turned all the way up, just turn off color correction for now

abunai

Right so, I'm in the level on Mars (I think) where you meet
the skeleton king
. I think this is a bug, but if you use the Vindico TRK sniper rifle against the dropships and demons/deus ex machina they die in two shots.

Is that a bug? Found it weird that such big/strong enemies can die so easily to a weapon you can hold by default.

skacky

Neo Member
Hello,
This isn't a bug. The TRK has armor-piercing rounds and deals a lot more damage to big enemies like the Interceptor or the Deus Ex Machina. ;)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Why does the game hint at levels which aren't there?

missinglevels.jpg

After finishing the game on a co-op run, the game just dumps you back to the tutorial level. After seeing these doors, I was expecting at least five more levels, so what's going on?

cm_dreams.bsp - Bad Dreams
cm_forgotten.bsp - Forgotten Centre
cm_monolith.bsp - Monolith
cm_new_eden.bsp - New Eden
cm_noctis.bsp - Noctis Labynrinthus
cm_purge.bsp - Purge
cm_sheep.bsp - Electric Sheep

These are the maps found in the files and on server lists as available to play.

So where did the other levels go to?

robin2

I can't complete the "Protect" objective, where you have to protect a troop of soldier. Everyone run around and if you just scratch one of them, they all turn against you...

Edit:
I think enemy respawn should be reduced. I selected in Options-Game, the "reduced frequency" and "tone down enemy respawn" (or something like that), but it's still too suffocating. In the New Eden* map you can't take a little breath.

* There, hoping to stop the massive respawn, I accepted a sub-mission, where I had to shut down the city doors to prevent more Federal Soldiers to enter, but even if I locked the doors, nothing happened, and the npc who gave me the mission didn't talk to me anymore.

I also had a little issue, I could't turn off the flash light; I wrongly turned it on about at the same time I activated the Cloak, an then it couldn't be turn off until I turned off the Cloak.

(sorry for my poor English)

Max

I am not Max
Dani said:
Why does the game hint at levels which aren't there?

[IMGhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/missinglevels.jpg[/IMG]

After finishing the game on a co-op run, the game just dumps you back to the tutorial level. After seeing these doors, I was expecting at least five more levels, so what's going on?

cm_dreams.bsp - Bad Dreams
cm_forgotten.bsp - Forgotten Centre
cm_monolith.bsp - Monolith
cm_new_eden.bsp - New Eden
cm_noctis.bsp - Noctis Labynrinthus
cm_purge.bsp - Purge
cm_sheep.bsp - Electric Sheep

These are the maps found in the files and on server lists as available to play.

So where did the other levels go to?
:O

DLC CONFIRMED!
Also, doesn't the NPC in the area mention that some doors only open at certain times or something? Hmm.

Also, spoiler :/

I have just finished the first chapter and entered the Temple HQ.

I have to admit, despite some minor flaws, I really like it. There is a fuck load of stuff to learn and the game seems to have an extremely steep learning curve.

I am still trying to work out hacking and how to level up my abilities and skills. I want to increase my cybernetic eye so I can see better damn it :p

The pistol, like in HL2, is imo quite over powered. You can easily pull off head shots from a distance away.

This game may be an indie mod/game, but it has more depth and style then alot of big budget AAA games. Whilst it may not be a Deus Ex killer, it is definitely a good game, especially if you are sick of corridor shooters.

I would have played more, but for some reason I accidentally started to kill my mentor in the temple and everyone started attacking me, so I just quit :lol

The inventory system is a bit..weird at first.

You can't carry say 10 different guns at once. You can ditch and switch quite easily, which honestly works for the better. It just takes time to work out and makes you think things through in what you want to carry.

I also have nfi how to use psi powers or what power does what. The tutorial video doesn't really explain it all too well. That and it was 1am when I played so I was too tired to pay attention :p

subversus said:
no, production values are ok (except translations, ugh).

It's more about obscure mechanics.

For example I got shot and I'm bleeding. There is nothing on the screen that says how I should stop that. I need to watch through tutorials to know that and they're pretty brief.

So after I started bleeding I need to quickly maintain myself. To do this I need maintain option to be equipped in my quick menu or to do this through the separate menu. And if you don't know this you're fucked. I survived only because my coop partner told me how to stop bleeding. At least some button prompts would be appreciated.

There should be an always accessible training module or something like this. Deus Ex did that part right.

Pressing V also works. :)

robin2 said:

You need to buy the Morta at the armory in Temple HQ (over by medical) to be able to access it and it's clips. The guns you find dropped by enemies are best used to replace empty ones you're carrying or to "try before you buy" since you're unable to reload them.

Spat_triate said:
Is there any way to increase the font or interface size. I'm getting a headache trying to read through the mountains of text in this game.

I would like to know this too. Font size in the dialog boxes is my biggest complaint about this game so far.

A few random thoughts:

-Electric Sheep? Blade Runner influenced this game as well? I can kind of see it.
-Shotguns are amazing, perhaps too amazing. I find myself hitting targets that are just within view with the second shotgun (the semi-auto, Deprazator or however it's spelled), it has really good iron sights. If you're a bad aim, go with the shotguns with confidence.
-I also like the Morta SMG with it's RDS/telescopic sight.
-The equipment and research systems are obviously based off X-Com. I feel the Equipment boxes are a little too limiting however.
-Dark game is dark.
-As mentioned above, the dialog box font needs to be a touch bigger.
-Love the ads in New Eden. Sex sells. ;p
-Love the atmosphere of the game in general.
-Madness rocks. I'm hearing voices, randomly shooting everything in front of me and hallucinating. Awesome!

Zinga

Banned
This game is becoming really popular in PC gaming crowds, what do you guys think? I think the concept sounds amazing, with Co-Op even more so!

Been emailing one of the team, I'll be sending a Q/A interview their way soon for the site I work for. Any suggestions for questions I could ask the team? I'll throw in a couple of GAF's.

subversus

BigJiantRobut said:
Been emailing one of the team, I'll be sending a Q/A interview their way soon for the site I work for. Any suggestions for questions I could ask them? I'll throw in a couple of GAF's.

ask why the story sucks how did they pull of such complex project with 10 people, have they done any large-scale playtesting, what are their plans for supporting the game, were sales good enough to support the sequel and will they move to Cryengine 3. Thanks.

BigJiantRobut said:
Been emailing one of the team, I'll be sending a Q/A interview their way soon for the site I work for. Any suggestions for questions I could ask the team? I'll throw in a couple of GAF's.
Beside question about their plans for the next game, really want to know whether they're going to support the game with DLCs (free/paid no matter) or not.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tryckser said:
1. Clunky controls.
2. Unintuitive design.
3. No set up or background, they just dump you in there.

I know you can adjust some of those things; however, those were just my first impressions going in.

I dunno if it's a spoiler...you talk to one robot, and I kept hitting 'next' and 'next' turned into 'close' and I took a swipe at him with my sword. The guards went apeshit and kept killing me even after respawning.

There's that part in the tutorial where you fall in the water. I was figuring out how to get out and something headshots? Or frags? me with a 'nade. Didn't see it coming.

I hit 'c' and went into my inventory right around a corner. Looter walks right up and I panic and try to escape out of it. Dude just turns around like nothing was there.

I also suck at hacking... :(

edit: 10 ppl?! Damn!

ok played the first few missions and a bit of side mission. love it! re-rolled after my first character was too unfocused and ran with psi. have yet to do any co-op though. gonna try and convince a few friends to give it a shot

robin2

Little issues and feedback

Bugs/Issues (?):

I can't turn off the flashlight if I'm cloaked. I hear the sound but the light effect remains.

If an enemy attack an hacked companion from behind (enemy is probably targeting me, but the shots get the compaion because he's on the line fo of fire), the compaion won't react (won't even turn) and let the enemy kills him. That's annoying, especially considering the high respawn rate, which pops up enemies in the corridor you just finished running through.

I think that when I start hacking an enemy, he (or the nearby enemies I'm not sure) become able to "see me". I don't know if it's the exaggerate respawn that pops enemies every 10 seconds wherever I stand, but almost every time I start hacking, someone runs right where I am, even if I am in the dark lone storeroom.

Protect objective, in New Eden secondary mission, is really too hard/impossible.

Respawn is too high even with all the option to reduce it down.

One issue I had, in the cave when you reach the area where you're suppose to use the Cyberjump ability to continue, the game suggests consulting the Cyberjump tutorial. As far as I can tell, there is no such tutorial. Perhaps it would be better to direct a new player how to activate the ability.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How do you start a mission? I'm past the tutorial and I talked to the commander guy who told me to go to New Eden and get some kind of brain thinger. So now... how do I do that? I've wandered the entire place and can't find a way to get to this New Eden. My quest name is "Armory" with "Choose your loadout" as the goal. I went to every single armory in the city, have the stuff I want, went to the armory store and talked to that guy... I'm stumped? What the hell is this game trying to get me to do?

subversus

Sinatar said:
How do you start a mission? I'm past the tutorial and I talked to the commander guy who told me to go to New Eden and get some kind of brain thinger. So now... how do I do that? I've wandered the entire place and can't find a way to get to this New Eden. My quest name is "Armory" with "Choose your loadout" as the goal. I went to every single armory in the city, have the stuff I want, went to the armory store and talked to that guy... I'm stumped? What the hell is this game trying to get me to do?
you should talk to the guy on the stairs of this big hall where you start.

Sinatar said:
Just talk with commander one more time.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
He won't talk to me, nothing happens when I interact with him.

Woohoo, time to game stopping bug: 20 minutes.

EDIT: Quit and reloaded and it worked fine this time.

verbatimo

I have been playing this on 3p Co-op and it is really awesome. I'm playing as assault medic and my friends are ghost and sniper. Weapons have punch and enemies aren't bullet sponges neither my character. Hacking is fun and it's awesome to control enemy turrets. Also the mission structure is not always same.
In first time when we were playing my friend tried to corrupt enemy general. That didn't go well and the general attacked us and started throwing grenades. Another time I talked to him and succeeded to corrupt him.
Difficulty level also have impact. We started playing on hardcore and enemies were decent threat. We changed to master, and now enemies are constant throwing grenades making them much more dangerous.

Sure there are clunkiness and bugs, but you have to realise, that this game has been made by 10 people, so you should really give them some slack. It's not like ubisoft and their 400 people teams.

More bug and UI fixing and this game has serious potential to became cult classic.

verbatimo said:
Sure there are clunkiness and bugs, but you have to realise, that this game has been made by 10 people, so you should really give them some slack. It's not like ubisoft and their 400 people teams.

More bug and UI fixing and this game has serious potential to became cult classic.

agreed, excellent and most importantly fun mechanics, it's like an awesome hash of deus ex, left4dead and even demon's souls. playing psi with the spawn/clone mechanic is great fun though the squad ai could use a little work. seems they don't spawn in "active" mode and i end up spawning 5 guys around me and can't move ;) if i order one to "go hunt" though all the others wake up and start moving around, even though they stay in the protective mode. maybe there could be a bit of leeway in nudging them around too, they have a tendency to block stairs. atm i just despawn them if they're being troublesome and pop them back in a better position.

Kritz

Banned
Impressions as shit yo:

So, AusGAF have kind of picked up on this game pretty hard. A couple of fourpacks were purchased and then some. Being the only person in AusGAF who can be fucked hosting servers, I've also seen a fair bit of how the coop handles. So here's a bunch of things listed in no real order and with a very bad level of readability:

Things what are real good about this game:

The art. Man, the art and enviroments in this game are real good. Maybe not to like, a technical level, but they evoke some pretty big SciFi vibes from a range of different sources. The levels all have a real big sense of scale, and there are lots of interesting landmarks and features of each area.

The gunplay. Probably the best you can find in all of Source. It's real good. It's satisfying and fast, but kinda punishing when it needs to be. There are lots of weapons, and each one feels pretty different.

I also kinda really dig the inventory, and how it acts as a fairly good approximation of how you'd actually cart around guns on your body. Unfortunately I don't think it actually shows on your dude, but it's still a nice little idea and it balances out well. You can carry lots of little weapons, but once you start trying to carry around snipers or assault rifles, you have to start narrowing down your gear.

The kind of dynamic mission structure is kinda cool, though probably not as awesome as it could be. I've played the first city level about four times now and it's been reasonably different each time (mostly due to the insanity of coop).

The things what are kind of interesting:

Clips! You reload after firing a bullet? Too bad, you lose that clip. Boy, I've missed this feature from games. And I bet people fucking hate it. But it's awesome and I love it.

Hacking is kind of cool, and kind of a game into itself. If you like games that are basically spreadsheets. I really like spreadsheets. I'm making the hacking sound better than it is, which is probably a bad thing, because it really isn't that good. It's just kind of better than most implementations of it in modern games.

These things are like eating boners and are also bad:

The coop. Well, alright. This probably needs more explanation before I get into the bad things. I really dig coop, and so far AusGAF have managed to get a five player server going and it's been a nice kind of chaotic fun beating a mission at its highest difficuilty / respawn rate in about 15 minutes. I've played the first city mission with five, four, three, two and one player(s), and it's been kind of different each time. I'll say right away the best way to play this game at the moment is singleplayer, simply because the game is way less prone to be completely ass broken.

The big issues I've come across are as follows:

If two people talk to the one guy, neither can exit the conversation and are forced to quit the game. On one occasion, this caused the dedicated server software to crash.

It's very, very hard to connect to someone's game. When trying to join through Steam, it tries to connect to a local IP address. While not entirely unexpected, I've also had to forward ports (and lots of them) on my router to get people to be able to join me, but that's kind of standard fare for a lot of MP hosting stuff.

When creating games with the dedicated server, it doesn't automatically load a map.

The game is real bad at tracking progress. As in, I don't know if it actually does track multiplayer progress. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't finish games in a sitting. Every time I've hosted a game, either via the dedicated server software or the in-game options, it restarts the entire campaign from the tutorial. I think AusGAF have played that tutorial about six times now.

It's possible to kill the guy in the dream world who you use to select the Master of Fate or whatever. This causes the game to be unstartable, as you need a master of fate to go through the door.

In the third level or so, me and my coop buddy got to the Exit objective, yet we were unable to complete the level.

If an elevator falls on you, you clip through the geometry and have no way of getting out (unless you enable sv_cheats 1 and noclip).

I think that's most of them, anyway. In short, the multiplayer is a bit of a mess. Especially the part where the game doesn't seem to load your proper state. It would be really helpful if your SP progress was synced with your Coop progress, or if you at least had the option to sync them, as it has made playing with AusGAF really annoying when we have to keep replaying missions.

Opinion:

I really like this game, in part because it's ambitious as hell and in part because it's actually kind of good. But the cooperative at the moment seems nearly unplayable, and even if it were, it's still way too fast compared to the Multiplayer. I suggest playing the SP before touching the MP if you have the chance, as that way I'd wager you'd get the most enjoyable experience.

I'm loving the game despite having no idea what's going on storywise. The art and atmosphere is fantastic. The whole game reminds me of Too Human, or what it was supposed to be before it became the stupid loot game it did.

Combat is really good, though it's almost too easy to drop people at extreme distances even with the standard assault rifle. I like the little messages that sometimes show up after killing random enemies, though it's not always clear what they mean or even if they mean anything. A couple times I got a message that said "Bullshit! Attack failed!" or something, another one was "You killed a loving father". I'm guessing enemies scale up as you level up, since you can't save your progress but you keep your level even when you restart? That's something I really don't get. Why isn't there just a simple save-as-you-go system? It's confusing that when I die or exit the game, I keep all my money and experience but objectives in the level reset. I mean, what's stopping me from maxing my character out just replaying the first mission?

I like that a typically simple action like hacking is actually refreshingly complicated, with it's little turn-based battles and the different things you can do. I managed to get hacked myself by a bank terminal I think it was, then I had some crazy smiley faces flashing on my screen until I counter-hacked the hacker. I also like that it never stops the game, you can get ambushed while fooling around in menus.

Anyone fool around with the research system? I randomly seem to be finding these things that fill up a grid, opening up research options.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I dig first person shooters.
I especially dig role-playing games.
I do not dig multi.

Is this for me?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mejilan said:
I dig first person shooters.
I especially dig role-playing games.
I do not dig multi.

Is this for me?
None of those variables are enough to figure out if you'll like the game (though to be honest, you are severely limiting your ability to become a giant broken badass by never playing multiplayer).

What you do have to ask yourself is:

1) Do you like games that are punishingly hard, or stupidly easy, depending entirely upon the decisions you made when you first created your character, despite not understanding the repercussions at the time?

2) Do you like games that are impenetrable, hard to figure out, but odd and bizarre enough to make you persevere?

3) Are you really ready to get a game that uses multiplayer to great effect, and never touch the multiplayer at all, despite its ability to completely break the game and make you insanely powerful?

subversus

Every time I want to write about this game I want to write too much so I just give up.

For now the main attraction of the game is coop. Can you imagine playing Deus Ex in coop? It works here perfectly (minus bugs). You can stealth together, you can choose your roles and compliment each other. You can do objectives separately to save time. You really feel like a team of operatives in the field. You have to solve stuff together.

For example we needed to retrieve an objective from one location. When we got there I didn't know what to do because there was no marker which could lead to the objective. But then my coop partner scanned the area, found a cyberbrain and hacked it successfully. The marker appeared after that, I got the case, the mission was done. But while he was hacking I had to protect him. So I setup a turrel in the corridoor and everybody who was going after us got mauled.

Also we were hacking turrels and ATMs this way - I was guarding him while he was breaking in and it felt cool. Money from hacked ATMs are divided between members of team btw.

I feel that the game is so deep that I barely scratched the surface. It feels like Baldur's Gate in this regard but in form of a shooter. RTFM or GTFO. I wish there was a manual though.

robin2

I don't know bout stealth. In the beginning it seems to work, but after I get caught a first time, seems like every one know where I am.

I think that the game, after you get spotted, starts spawning groups of enemies right in you proximity. These enemies know where you are and I seriously think they can see you through walls.

Some times I'm behind a corner, in a part of the map where enemies never pass near.. I start hacking, but then new enemies spawn, and they run exactly where I stand.

I really don't understand how stealth works.

Top Bottom