• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ezra Miller Pleads Not Guilty To Felony Burglary Charges; ‘Flash’ Star Faces 26 Years In Vermont Prison If Convicted

ManaByte

Miller faces a maximum of 26 years behind bars as well as over $2,000 in fines if found guilty of the charges stemming from the spring incident which entailed stealing three bottles of liquor –gin, vodka and rum — from Winokur’s pantry. The next hearing in the case is set for January 13, 2023 and scheduled to last about three hours.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

bitbydeath

Will the kidnapping add a further 26 years to his sentence? I’m sure he did a ton of other illegal things too, which aren’t included in the link.

Last edited:
How a person could potentially face 26 years for, from my reading of the article, trespassing, breaking and entering, and stealing 3 bottles of booze sounds absolutely insane. Set aside your opinions on this individual, the very concept of the maximum penalty for petty theft being over a quarter of a century is nuts.

Edit - Granted this psychopath has done far worse shit than this, but it feels a little too much like nailing Capone for tax fraud.

Last edited:

Davesky

Since 2022, Miller has been accused of committing disorderly conduct, assault, and burglary, resulting in multiple widely publicized arrests and citations, and has also been accused of grooming minors.[1] They have also claimed to be Jesus, the devil, and the next Messiah.[2]

This is from his wiki page. Why is he trying to groom kids that are claiming to be Jesus, the devil, and the next messiah? Surely these are ones he would think to stay away from.

confused nikki m james GIF by Proven Innocent

Doom85

Is this just a poorly edited article? I’m aware Miller has committed other crimes, but 26 years by itself for (I assume) an unarmed burglary? That’s batshit insanity.

Then again, I’m aware of at least two instances where rapists were only given six months due to some bullshit reasoning from the judges themselves. Never underestimate the legal system’s potential of making some truly dumbass calls.

TDiddyLive

How a person could potentially face 26 years for, from my reading of the article, trespassing, breaking and entering, and stealing 3 bottles of booze sounds absolutely insane. Set aside your opinions on this individual, the very concept of the maximum penalty for petty theft being over a quarter of a century is nuts.
Burglary is entering a structure with the intent to steal or commit another felony. It’s a felony in every state. In Vermont it carry’s a maximum sentence of 25 years. Doubtful he’ll get anything close to that. Larceny, the actual stealing of the bottles, has a maximum sentence of one year.
Is this just a poorly edited article? I’m aware Miller has committed other crimes, but 26 years by itself for (I assume) an unarmed burglary? That’s batshit insanity.
The unarmed comment is really confusing. Weapons have nothing to do with burglaries. Are you confusing burglary with robbery? Robbery is using force or fear against another person to steal property. Usually people confuse it the other way around, like when they say their apartment got robbed while they were on vacation when it was actually burglarized.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
wait, 26 years for 3 bottles stolen?

Apparently they have very strict punishments when it comes to burglary and larceny in Vermont. In my home state class three felony burglary has a maximum punishment of 20 years in prison. That means someone unlawfully entered an occupied domicile with a deadly weapon and stole property. The minimum is five years. A class one burglary has the potential of jail time, but is typically treated as a lesser offense and only draws fines and probation.

Meanwhile, in Vermont, even the simplest, lowest level burglary involves both a fine of $1000 and up to 15 years in jail. Don't play with other people's property in Vermont is the lesson here, I suppose.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
26 years are obviously too much even for a shithead like this.

But i would settle for 25 no problem.

25 years seems reasonable indeed. And perhaps a few months off the sentence with good behavior to show that the US justice system can be lenient when hardened criminals change their lives for the better. But are there prisons for non binary felons in the US?

Fbh

Edit - Granted this psychopath has done far worse shit than this, but it feels a little too much like nailing Capone for tax fraud.

From every case like this that I've read about, unless he murdered or raped someone the whole "could face up to 20 years in prison" headlines are just usual clickbait based on a completely unrealistic "worst case scenario".
Dude is famous, rich and can play the mental health card. He'll probably pay a fine and maybe do some community service.

GymWolf

25 years seems reasonable indeed. And perhaps a few months off the sentence with good behavior to show that the US justice system can be lenient when hardened criminals change their lives for the better. But are there prisons for non binary felons in the US?
They gonna stop with the non-binary bullshit when a 150 kg jailmate is gonna make him his bitch for life, he is gonna be famous in a flash and for all the wrong reasons.

Ionian

He'll get a slap on the wrist. Some community service. He'll keep his job as shit flash

I'd say he gets a slap on the wrist alright but can't possibly see him keeping the Flash role, he seems to well and truly tainted his image. Can't see WB being willing to risk further big bucks on him.

SJRB

Gold Member
WB/DC right now:

dd0.jpg

Imagine this fucking guy getting locked up for 26 years and you have an insanely expensive movie lined up where this asshole is the lead.

Man this movie was cursed from the start.

Last edited:
From every case like this that I've read about, unless he murdered or raped someone the whole "could face up to 20 years in prison" headlines are just usual clickbait based on a completely unrealistic "worst case scenario".
Dude is famous, rich and can play the mental health card. He'll probably pay a fine and maybe do some community service.
This is on the money (ironically!)

It'll be a suspended sentence, community service (complete with photo of doing so) and a fine.

The slack dildo will be back on your screens before you can say the words 'nob-head'.

Shh

This clown has done infinitely worse things lately and consistently through the last decade up until 5 seconds ago than this burglary nonsense. Why is the punishment only dealing with the burglary and not the beyond creepy kidnapping and grooming charade? Certified weirdo.

Are you going to cry now someone has referred to Ezra by his rightful pronoun?
Pronouns aside, I feel like individuals that prey on children lose their right to have that kind of respect.

Jennings

Trial done. Guilty plea for trespassing, $500 fine + court fees + probation. All other charges (including the felony) have been dropped.

Valedix

Shh

Trial done. Guilty plea for trespassing, $500 fine + court fees + probation. All other charges (including the felony) have been dropped.
Okay. Now let's charge him for all the insane, disgusting, vile, and evil child stuff he's been involved in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom