• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2019 | Announce Trailer.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Tbh the handling isn't bad in the modern games, they're actually kinda fun, but I could really do with having VR in there, it would make it a far more obvious day 1 purchase for me.

xrnzaaas

I'm really happy if Formula 2 cars are going to be introduced for the first time, this should make the career mode more exciting to start the game in a lower series and make your mark hoping to be picked up by an F1 team. :)

Fox Mulder

The earlier release date is huge.

I had just bought F1 2018 on deep sale for the PS4 because I figured this wasn't coming until August or September like usual.

xrnzaaas

Are F1 games like fifa/madden which mostly get roaster updates with each new entry?
Other than new licences (which can mean new drivers / teams / tracks) the other changes usually aren't revolutionary. It's more like a large numbers of small changes and improvements, like the handling, AI, tweaked rules, bigger career mode, or inclusion of historical cars.

F1 2019 seems to be a different case and if the rumors are true the addition of F2 cars alone will be a huge deal.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
I've been playing a lot of F1 2017 & 2018 recently (I alternate between both). It's been a while since I've played the Codemasters F1 titles regularly (since the 2014 game) & I've got to say some stuff in these newer games is fantastic (I play on PC with a DFGT wheel). The wheel to wheel racing & AI are top notch in qualifying & in the race. The race pace & balance required for handling the car under different fuel loads & tyre types is really well done.

So I've had a fair does of epic moments, although there's still some problems, such as the AI being far too fast in Intermediate conditions (I still feel like they have some sort of traction control hidden in there, which was an issue way back in 2014 as well) & they also still block the player when they're on an outlap in qualifying. It's no joke when I'm on a hotlap & some asshole AI jumps out of the pitlane & literally parks his car in front of me on the following corner. They need to fix that.

As for 2019, considering the F2 cars are present, I'm hoping to (finally) see driver transfers & even retirements from the sport - which are long overdue. It'll be a bit weird if only the player can get a promotion from F2 into F1 (if it's integrated into career mode). Fifa has done player transfers for decades, so it's time for F1 to have driver transfers.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Without playing the game....

Congratulations Lewis Hamilton on wining the 2019 F1 world championship !

Congratulations !
Congratulations !
Congratulations !
😍

Last edited:

NXGamer

I'm really happy if Formula 2 cars are going to be introduced for the first time, this should make the career mode more exciting to start the game in a lower series and make your mark hoping to be picked up by an F1 team. :)
It is simply excellent, they have introduced it with a story driven rivalry and then you get offers for a contract. The whole game is refined and really adds loads to the Single and Multiplayer options.

I have enjoyed my time with it over the weekend for my analysis and reviews.

xrnzaaas

It is simply excellent, they have introduced it with a story driven rivalry and then you get offers for a contract. The whole game is refined and really adds loads to the Single and Multiplayer options.

I have enjoyed my time with it over the weekend for my analysis and reviews.
I'm actually disappointed with the treatment of F2 in the career mode since my last post. A full F2 season should be available within the career and offers you get at the end should be based on your performance (afaik you get contacts from all F1 teams no matter what).

(fyi I haven't bought the game yet)

Last edited:

NXGamer

I'm actually disappointed with the treatment of F2 in the career mode since my last post. A full F2 season should be available within the career and offers you get at the end should be based on your performance (afaik you get contacts from all F1 teams no matter what).

(fyi I haven't bought the game yet)
Yeah, that is a poor choice and a few other omissions that I cover, but you can still start in the F2 class.

Hudo

Even though I am not a fan of F1 at all, it seems like for those who are, this is a pretty good game. It's gettin' good reviews and people are liking the career mode where you apparently start out in F2 etc. Hope y'all have fun with it!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Mackers

Picked this up on launch for PC. Last F1 game I played was 2016. It's great. Theres actually a good amount of content for a game you wouldnt expect to have. Codemasters have gone from strength to strength with this series.

The F2 cars are good fun and feel different to the F1 cars. The F2 intro to career mode is completely underwhelming though. The end of 2 races and the final race of the season and afterwards you get to choose any F1 team to race for making your choice of development team at the start completely pointless. Also after all the cutscenes of the rivalry with Butler when you get to F1 all that stuff goes away and its career mode as usual. Theres also no option at all to do a full F2 season as part of your career.

Codies are apparantly adding the full F2 2019 roster as an update but if it cant be integrated into career I feel like not enough people will care to make that work worthwhile.

I'm looking forward to jumping into multiplayer when the events launch today but tbh I'm expecting it to be the same shitshow it always used to be. I see they have driver and safety ratings similar to GT Sport, we'll see if that's enough to make a difference.

Top Bottom