• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 Canadian GP (Practice2 on now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Yay! F1 in NA. Finally, I can watch a practice session live!

Anyway, a Ferrari show so far. They've got at least a half second on anyone, and that's even while running their tire program this session. Pole should be in the mid to low 13's this year. Gonna take 2 seconds out of the lap record. Already got 1.5s out of it now, with 1:14.013 being the fastest time for MS in P1 today. Qualies tomorrow at 1pm and the USGP just another week away! Gotta enjoy it while it lasts, b/c Magny-Bore is the first track back. :(

Anyway, Michael brushed the wall. Even his disasters are minor. ;) Davidson just spun off after setting the fastest first sector. I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :lol: Toyota's strongest run too.

Oh yeah, replay of the Isle of Man TT race on SPEED at midnight. I love watching those bikes get all squirrely with trees ripping by at close to 200mph. :D PEACE.

EDIT: Taku just went fastest with 1:14.086! Close to the P1 time for Ferrari, but they're running heavy right now.

Dekajelly

It's all shaping up for a Ferrari vs BAR weekend, and I am putting my money on BAR with the improved Honda engine. :D

time1.jpg

time2.jpg

Shinobi

lol.gif
If it isn't one Schumacher, it's the other. Should be a fascinating race considering where the Ferrari's are, with Michelin rubber surrounding their ass like a cage. Just hope the McLaren engines can hold together so Kimi and DC can score some points. I like Button to win this race, though Ralf has had a lot of success here as well. Can't count Michael out though...six wins here, and a seventh would be a record for any driver at a single event.

BTW, anyone catch that crazy spinout by Sato on the last corner? He came within an eyelash of destroying the tail end of the car, but got it going to place 17th. Stupid mistake on his part though, he had a spot on one of the first two rows clearly in his sights.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
He'd obviously heard that he'd mucked up his 2nd sector and tried to bonzai the last sector.

Remember when that last corner used to catch 3-4 cars every qually? (Tagging the wall on exit.) Ahh, those were the days :)

Buttons lap was excellent, I personally think Ralf was running lighter, we'll see tomorrow.

(Yes, I've avoided this thread until the qually session was televised over here :p)

Freeburn

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wouldnt like to be Button on the first corner, Ralf could get all 'smashy smashy' if anyone tries to overtake him.

Its time!

Kimi 6th place! goooo Kimi...! :D

edit: damn this is hard... watching SUI-CRO match and Canadian GP at the same time...and France-England match later this evening!

oh crap, they had to change the steering wheel from Kimi's McLaren... well if the mercedes doesnt blow up, I guess something else must break. :\

Pimpwerx

They should spent a bit of extra money and brought the new car along with as many spare parts as they could fab. The old car is a piece of junk in every respect. Ugh, what a total waste McLaren is this year. They are a Jordan-level team this year. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Oh yeah. Great win for Michael. Great comeback drive for Ralf this weekend. GREAT effort by Rubens who was faster in the race. You know, with team orders, Ferrari could have told Michael to let him through, and Rubens was fast enough he could have won today. Oh the irony. ;) But before I forget to do this for the 7th time this year... FORZA FERRARI!!! FORZA MICHAEL SCHUMACHER!!! PEACE.

Dekajelly

Williams and Toyota have been disqualified from the Canadian GP. And that means Jenson Button gets his 6th podium finish of the season. :D

button.gif

1. 1 M.SCHUMACHER
2. 2 BARRICHELLO
3. 9 BUTTON
4. 11 FISICHELLA
5. 6 RAIKKONEN
6. 5 COULTHARD
7. 39 GLOCK
8. 18 HEIDFELD

I swear, Button always seems to find a way on to the podium -- even if it's at the expense of a teammate. But good on him. Pity about the disqualification of the two Williams drivers (moreso Ralf from 2nd, because of his poor form leading upto the race). Would have otherwise been a nice and much needed points haul. Glock did well to grab a couple of points on his debut despite it coming through luck. And shame about my boy Webber. He was killing it at testing a couple of weeks ago and read the other day that he was looking forward to the race as it's one of his favourite circuits, so I had high hopes that he'd do well. His inevitable move next season can't come soon enough.

LusDekkar

No points for Webber because he got taken out by his teammate. Which is good, because if Webber doesn't score anymore points for Jag, then he's free to goto Wiliiams :D

I hate races in the Americas, means i have to wake up at 2 or 4 am to watch it :\

Koshiro

Dekajelly said:
Williams and Toyota have been disqualified from the Canadian GP. And that means Jenson Button gets his 6th podium finish of the season. :D
Upon reading this I just legged it to the nearest official source to hand, I can't believe it. Yay for Ralph getting knocked out of there (don't like him... like the other drivers it seems), but boo for Monty getting knocked out, he's awesome.

Still, a podium for Button is always welcome, and DC got some points, hurrah!

Shinobi

Shoot, had Kimi not had that drive through penalty and the steering wheel problem, he might've had a shot for the podium. Great result for him. And it's good to see both McLaren's finishing (hell seeing either of them finish is great, let alone doing so in the points). One more race in Indy this weekend and then they hope to break out the new car, which couldn't be any worse then the current one.

Pimpwerx

Button once couldn't find the podium with a map, and now he's there in weekly installments. Good job for the Brit. But who cares when Michael is winning everything in sight? :D He's already at 7 with less than halfway through the season. I think he might finish with 13 wins and 10 poles. I think he's gonna tie Senna's record at Spa. Looking back, Senna's record of 13, and I think Nige had 12 or 13 as well...that's a lot of poles in a season. But #65 will fall this year, even if it required a lot of whacks to take it out.

Indy might be an interesting race. It might be another good time for a 2-stopper, although I'd rather see an attempt for pole rather than the strategy to win. Only two more races and then we have the return of light fuel load at Silverstone. :D That race is always good *knock on wood* and with exciting qualies again, it should be a welcome break from Indy and Magny-Bore. Both promise to be snoozers I think, although Indy at least promises some late-break heroics into T1.

Anyway, as a Ferrari fan, I will say that this season has sucked. Who cares if you're winning when the show is this boring and predictable? In all the stupid rules changes, not a damn thing has been done to address the issue of overtaking. Maybe it's about time Jean Todt took over the FIA presidency and started steering the sport in a better direction. PEACE.

Shinobi

Yep...all this crap about going to one tire or turning all the engines into 4 cylinder station wagon types or whatever doesn't mean much of anything. The circuits are the things that need change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom