• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 2 Cover Art

Delete if old

fable2-3d.jpg

source

Bigmac573

Banned
Something's a bit off...I'm not sure if its the washed out color palette or if I'm just not digging the character(s) in general. I feel like epic games like this don't even need the artwork, a simple "Fable 2" would have done nicely. Less is more.

The dude on the box looks bored. But it's a hardcore game, so the box art doesn't really need to jump off the shelves does it? it just needs good reviews and word of mouth.

FoggyFreek

I freakin' love it. I think its exactly what the game wants you to be so no, i think this game needs the art-cover and I think it's great!

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
That's pretty nice, but couldn't they have come up with something a little more distinct from the original Fable art?

I still like the reflection thing though even if it was used last time. Maybe a mirror for Fable 3?

Pachinko

Why is there cover art for a game that won't be out until 2011 ?

Seriously though is it actually supposed to be out 2008? I just really can't see it happening.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic box art. Will catch the eyes of all the casuals who played the original Fable (of which there are quite a few) and have a bit of a "wow that looks really cool" effect on them.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
i think it's good... it's simple but would surely grab my attention even if i don't know the game.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Pachinko said:

Seriously though is it actually supposed to be out 2008? I just really can't see it happening.
It's been locked down for a 2008 release.

FFChris

Looks excellent, but then again, it's what's inside the box that counts.

Pachinko said:

The assets for the game are all complete as of now. They are just starting the final implementation/bug fixing stage.

essendi

Neo Member
Very similar to the first Fable cover art, looks pretty good. I would have prefered something different, though

Ashhong

not sure if its on purpose, but i like that the top guy resembles the grown up evil guy from fable 1 box. maybe fable 3 will feature a demon as the top guy?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think it looks fantastic! Fans of the original (...) will check this out when they go to the store.

Bigmac573 said:
Something's a bit off...I'm not sure if its the washed out color palette or if I'm just not digging the character(s) in general. I feel like epic games like this don't even need the artwork, a simple "Fable 2" would have done nicely. Less is more.
Yeah well....... no. What's that for ridiculous statement, games like these NEED amazing artwork.
And the whole "less is more" just doesn't work for everything in life you know... I know it's considered 'stylish' and all, but it just doesn't work that way.
Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
That's pretty nice, but couldn't they have come up with something a little more distinct from the original Fable art?
I actually like that they're keeping the same style :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Metal Gear?! said:
Wait, are there going to be pistols in this game?
"It can't be?!"

Sorry, just had to do it :(

voltron

So how early does cover art usually show up before a game is released?

Garnett on 1upyours seems pretty sure that its not coming out this year.... but I dunno, the fact the box art is already finalised and also the way Molyneux talks about the game seems to suggest that its getting fairly close.

voltron said:
So how early does cover art usually show up before a game is released?

Garnett on 1upyours seems pretty sure that its not coming out this year.... but I dunno, the fact the box art is already finalised and also the way Molyneux talks about the game seems to suggest that its getting fairly close.

Molyneux let slip that the game will be content complete as of tomorrow. The rest is bug fixing and optimisation. A game this size and scope is going to have a LOT of bugfixing so late 2008 is probably likely.

Shall we take a look at the gentleman reflected in the water?

2w6wa6a.jpg

When is the release date, so many rumours of it being this year. Which I do hope it is.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I take it you won't need to have played the first one to 'get' this game? Storyline is seperate or not?

Darunia said:
I take it you won't need to have played the first one to 'get' this game? Storyline is seperate or not?

500 years later in the same universe but not connected (that we know of)

Molyneux also mentioned that the kids in towns will be re-enacting the story from the first game in their playing, which is an awesome little touch.

Are you still able to play as a "monster", like in the reflection from the start of the game? Because in the beginning they said it was one of the classes you could choose. Personally I'd prefer you'd be able to become such a being in the game itself.

garnett sure LOVED to drop names during the most recent 1upYours....actually in every podcast.

as for his comment on not coming out this year, who knows....but Garnett has been wrong about ALOT of things.

edit: i love the cover.

eve241

I don't know what some of you are talking about. This is actually one of the best boxarts I've seen in quite a while.

TheOddOne

PorkFryRice said:
garnett sure LOVED to drop names during the most recent 1upYours....actually in every podcast.

as for his comment on not coming out this year, who knows....but Garnett has been wrong about ALOT of things.

edit: i love the cover.

The whole microsoft discussion was the most idiotic shit i had ever heard. They found every game just a little upgrade, what the hell? Fable 2 and Viva Piniata not beautiful? They want next-gen but they diss Banjo 3?

Shins

Banned
I like box arts that act as homages to previous covers. Same reason I really like the JPN cover for MGS4.

Top Bottom