• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Face-Off: Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I was totally on my way to SSS shadow dante and then a poorly sharpened texture caught my eye and I threw up all over my controller. I want my money back, crapcom
Hahahaha I was thinking the same. Perhaps the one game where graphical enhancements barely matter. I get constant 120 FPS downsampling from 1440p on my GTX 970. Couldn't be happier with the port.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well, this is a thing with cheap ports, at least. Quality ports are good deal ahead of the last gen versions in visual fidelity. Just look at TLOU:R and GTA 5. However, it is sad that there is a lot of more of cheap ports than quality ports.
GTAV is far more than just a typical 'remaster'.

thelastword

Banned
Another disappointing port from Capcom, absolutely no AA, no 16x AF, I really don't see the texture upgrades they speak of at all. What I see is that they litter the game with pp effects that's more tasking on the hardware when priority should have been given to 4xMSAA minimum, 16x AF and greatly improved textures.

I really don't need the latest effects in a game like this, just re-do your textures, give me full AF and give me the cleanest looking image (AA) that the GPU can muster without dropping any frames, if you can add the effects on top of that fine, but that should be the priority in these old games, 60fps and great IQ.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I noticed the lack of AA. Strange to not even have some post process AA.

Anyone know how much AF it uses? I would have guessed 16x until I saw DF's phrasing.

Gren

Since this is a technical thread for the game, anyone know what the difference is between "max (capped)" and just "max" shadows in the PC version? I would assume the latter is the "best" setting as it is the last one, but I get the same benches with both & I'm not able to capture any exactly like-for-like screens to compare the two.

Someone asked in the OT too, but I don't believe they ever got a response.

Shauni

I guess I just don't have an eye for framerate, because I just finished a run-through with Lady/Trish on Dark Knight mode on Xbox One, and I never noticed in dips. The only time it slowed down for me was whenever the Xbox automatically uploaded a video whenever you hit a SSS ranking, which happened a lot in that mode.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Does anyonte know if the DmC DE for PS4 ever had that filtering prob patched? I really want to pick it up but might go x1.

It did indeed. Made a huge difference visually. I made a comparison but Min.us nuked GAF linking so it won't work any more.

Raonak

Banned
I found the IQ to be very good, but that's because the OG game had good IQ minus the shadow resolution.

Some AA would be nice, but otherwise it's a competent port.
The added characters are far more important than graphical upgrades (imo)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I found the IQ to be very good, but that's because the OG game had good IQ minus the shadow resolution.

Some AA would be nice, but otherwise it's a competent port. The added characters more than make up for the lack of graphical upgrades.

The game's angular geometry makes the lack of AA a much smaller problem than it would be for most games.

Top Bottom