• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake mayonnaise startup Just Mayo also faked sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn, I'm surprised there's no Fat Free, Low Fat, or Low Carb label on it too.

It straight up says avocado oil on it. And the only carbs that would be in mayo are sugar (for flavor) or cornstarch (for texture, which is usually only used in low-fat mayos). Neither of which are actually needed for good mayo.

BriGuy

Is that even legal? Thst is buying back your own product to create the allusion of demand, not the non-mayo mayo.

Dali

It tastes like normal mayonnaise to me. Definitely better than miracle whip dressing bs.

Some people just make you wanna crack eggs though. Someone in the original thread for instance.

blackflag

Regular mayo is nasty but this stuff tastes pretty good. Especially the chipotle version. I still don't really use it just tried it once.

Mustard and BBQ sauce 4 life.

Yeah, it's the rare pretty good vegan product. I've eaten the plain ol' mayo substitute, and it's creamy and has a nice taste. I've had a sample of their chipotle mayo, and that's solid, too.

“We need you in Neogaf supporting Just Mayo and our new flavored mayos,” Caroline Love, Hampton Creek’s then director of corporate partnership, wrote in an April 2016 e-mail to contract workers known as Creekers.

this is GOAT mayo:

mayo1.png
this is the best I've had

Bacon

My vegan friend made a potato salad with this stuff and it was phenomenal. Could barely tell the difference between this and real mayo.

catbrush

As everyone else is saying, this stuff is delicious.

Added bonus: it doesn't make me sick.

Extra added bonus: it's less likely to poison you if it's left in the sun at a picnic.

It doesn't have much of the fatty taste of mayo though, which might be a drawback to some.

Archurro

Are we really at the point where people are calling mayo brands "pretentious" and "hipster"? Jesus Christ people...

It's actually very tasty. I prefer to it Hellman's. It's a bit more lemony than Hellman's.

∀ Narayan;212541783 said:
I purchased the garlic flavor. I like it. Definitely tastes like mayonnaise, and I usually dislike the condiment.

They have a good product; they didn't need to go this far.

its very good

they have a chipotle mayo that is also very good

Yep. I think it pretty good.

It's not as greasy, which is nice thing. It's smoother and firmer.

That's too bad, I love Just Mayo.

that's a bummer. I love just mayo

It actually is pretty good stuff.

Aw man. I hope it doesn't get pulled. I dislike real mayo with a greasy passion and this stuff is really good. The chipotle one is delightful.

The chipotle and garlic flavors are actually really good in sandwiches. I was buying them for months before I knew they were eggless/vegan. I'm not a fan of plain mayo, but I like these.

I actually like the product.

Just Mayo is great because I'm allergic to eggs.

Every other Egg Free mayo I've tried is disgusting.

I don't care what deceptive tactics they used to get venture capital I need it to stay on the shelf damnit.

late capitalism works

it's cool and also it's good

23350_600.jpg

antonz

If not illegal I would guess it violates the funding agreements they have with their investors

If they were a public company depending on how they reported their results they could have faced a ton of problems and Prison time would have been a possibility.

At best as a Private company their investors could pull out but at this point would be silly as the crime has been done and the results benefitted.

Miletius

It's too bad because it actually tastes really good. I guess they really felt like they needed to get the word out, but ultimately hopefully its gonna bite them in the ass. No sympathy on that part, they will pay the price for their foolishness.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It's like when Nixon tried to manipulate the best seller list.
Life rule #1: Don't do anything to invite Nixon comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom