• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fake News from IGN] Suicide Squad Is Already Down to Just £44 Before Release Day in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Update: This is Fake News from IGN. Suicide Squad isnt discounted.

y2pV8oM.jpeg

There's definitely still a benefit to buying physical games, especially when there are deals like this to be found only days before release on new AAA titles like Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (or other new titles like Tekken 8). Suicide Squad is down to just £43.96 from trusted seller The Game Collection via eBay right now, which is over £26 off the RRP.

pnRt1tq.png

This is a tremendous discount, especially since the game isn't out until February 2. All you need to do is use code JANPAY20 to secure the deal, and we'll leave some handy links just below so you can find the game on your correct console nice and quickly.

Article via IGN

Last edited:

AzekZero

Neo Member
My worst digital purchase was getting a good game at full price right before it went on sale. I thought maybe Steam would at least give me store credit for the difference since I bought it so close to the sale date, but no dice.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That's stupîd reasoning. I can find S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 for less than 35e.

image.png

Same goes for Dragon's Dogma at less than 40e

image.png

And so on. I mean Suicide Squad is a meh game ( I played the beta), not terrible but definitely not what we want from Rocksteady. Still not a reason to blindly shit on it.

TexMex

Okay this is a reach. There are vendors that do this all the time, with new games. The game specifically isn't discounted I'm sure "JANPAY20" works on many items.

QVC, a popular vendor Wario64 tweets all the time, basically has every single new release game with the same discount for "new accounts with coupon code." Recently got Mario RPG there, the week of release, for $30.

I'm not saying this game won't fall hard and fast, but this isn't the same as seeing the MSRP slashed.

danklord

Gold Member
Reporting on eBay prices is extreme disinfo and the speed at which people move to dunk shows how easily manipulated the zeitgeist can be.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Okay this is a reach. There are vendors that do this all the time, with new games. The game specifically isn't discounted I'm sure "JANPAY20" works on many items.

QVC, a popular vendor Wario64 tweets all the time, basically has every single new release game with the same discount for "new accounts with coupon code." Recently got Mario RPG there, the week of release, for $30.

I'm not saying this game won't fall hard and fast, but this isn't the same as seeing the MSRP slashed.

Reporting on eBay prices is extreme disinfo and the speed at which people move to dunk show's how easily manipulated the zeitgeist can be.
For real I'm amazed. Draugoth Draugoth please do better... Not the first time you post some incorrect threads like this. You know most people can't read past the headline so it's up to you to correctly report on stuff like this.

Or don't do it at all.

Draugoth

Gold Member
For real I'm amazed. Draugoth Draugoth please do better... Not the first time you post some incorrect threads like this. You know most people can't read past the headline so it's up to you to correctly report on stuff like this.

Or don't do it at all.

That's on IGN:

y2pV8oM.jpeg

If the thread is wrong, is because they conveyed false information. Please ask the mods to delete this if you feel best :)

Last edited:

TexMex

That's on IGN:

y2pV8oM.jpeg

If the thread is wrong, is because they conveyed false information. Please ask the mods to delete this if you feel best :)

IGN is capable of a sensationalist headline for clicks as much as anyone else, which is what this obviously is.

They also have a huge bone to pick with this game, given recent events. It's an insanely petty and unprofessional headline from them.

MiguelItUp

That's on IGN:

y2pV8oM.jpeg

Yeah, IGN also threw a hissy fit for throwing out all this negativity about their preview experience and then whined that they didn't get a key, lmao.

I mean, if you don't like a preview that's standard, but surely it could've been done in a more tasteful and "professional" matter. I just think it's funny to drag it, but then still want something for free. I just wouldn't give them attention about the game, personally.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That's on IGN:

y2pV8oM.jpeg

If the thread is wrong, is because they conveyed false information.
Then don't report this clickbait stuff? What's the point, getting clicks/likes on Gaff? I'm sure not so what? Dunking on a game for... nothing?
I just want to understand and I'm not gonna ask for a delete the same way I haven't put anybody in the ignore list. We are all adult I think and I'm pretty sure you know we can find most games for 25/50% off before release.

I think it's tiring to see people shitting on stuff without having any understanding of what they're commenting on.

Dazraell

This really sounds like something that will be on deep sale later this year and PS+ / GamePass in early 2025

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Overall, this is sad. Lots of people put a lot of work into this. Prob had great ideas that went nowhere.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Then don't report this clickbait stuff? What's the point, getting clicks/likes on Gaff? I'm sure not so what? Dunking on a game for... nothing?
I just want to understand and I'm not gonna ask for a delete the same way I haven't put anybody in the ignore list. We are all adult I think and I'm pretty sure you know we can find most games for 25/50% off before release.

I think it's tiring to see people shitting on stuff without having any understanding of what they're commenting on.

Nah, i wasnt aware that IGN was lying here.:messenger_sad_relieved:
IGN posting fake news and being called out for it.
KeL6QzF.jpg

Since this was fake news by IGN and i wasn't aware i will leave a huge update :)

Last edited:

Omali

Even for IGN they are uncharacteristically going after this game because they're still pissed that nobody got press copies. They are going to run this into the ground and make bigger clowns of themselves out of pure unprofessional spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom