• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No.You have 3 girls ( and later 4 ) that makes moves on him and he seriously want to maintain the status quo ( just like in the anime ) because he isn't aware of why his campione position changes everything .
But don't worry ,
This stuff get solved in book Seven and all 4 girls get a place in godou harem and reach an understanding about each other place ..
The MC is never a dick , this is his gran father pimp powers at work

So he
gets to keep his harem? Jeez. :p

-Minsc-

Space Bros. 26

You know when you have a great show when predictable events are made engaging.

As for the engrish, wow, I never noticed. My brain automatically fixed the words.

Code Geass: Akito 1
tumblr_mb4zpozoWx1qg304ho1_500.gif

A pretty good fifty minute affair. I will say it had a few down and slow parts when it wanted to focus only on plot and the typical, Holy Britannia, Japan/Elevens, and European Union type ethnic dynamics and such. I guess after having experienced 50 something episodes of it, I don't really need it spelled out anymore like that. Oh well, seeing how it affects things on the military side was interesting. Both action scenes were interesting though I preferred the one in the second half more.

Character designs were all over the place. Highlights for me were Akito, Yukiya, and Ryou, while most others were on the ugly to unimpressive side. The commander is kind of weak so that is disappointing
unless she was just incapable of showing off her skills against her older brother?
. I did like the Geass user
the one at the end there, I didnt quite catch his name, but I loved that scene even if it were on the brutal side, causing the leader to off himself.

I guess one thing I wasn't clear on was Akito's status.
Is he or is he not a Geass user? I saw the red glow in his eyes but we never saw the wings and such like we saw in the other dude?

cajunator

Banned
Space Bros. 26

You know when you have a great show when predictable events are made engaging.

As for the engrish, wow, I never noticed. My brain automatically fixed the words.

Aoccdrnig to a research sduty at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in what order the ltteers in a word are, the only iprmoetnt thing is that the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can still raed it wouthit porbelm. Tish is bcuseae the human mind does not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Aoccdrnig to a research sduty at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in what order the ltteers in a word are, the only iprmoetnt thing is that the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can still raed it wouthit porbelm. Tish is bcuseae the human mind does not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe.
Hey, I got that email back in 95.

duckroll

Here's an updated visual depiction of how Kana Hanazawa is taunting me this season by creeping into all my most anticipated shows:

iXVZcVMfCIfk8.jpg

iuX8al6wxlQ62.jpg

ipxOiqi2slI59.jpg

i5914cWGLhyaF.jpg

So he
gets to keep his harem? Jeez. :p

He is doing all he can to
prevent the harem from growing more.Those 4 girls are now a perfect barrier for any new human candidate.

Campione 13
gNkeql.jpg

In short ... kill her ?

Ending on a filler is clearly no good .. i wish campione could had been a 26 ep serie so that they could do the battles better and put everyone in the right place properly .. right now the damage is done and little details like
Ena sword , amakusa actions , the spirit world gods
and plenty of other small things could be corrected but i'll not entirely looking forward to it ..

Verdict : Average
Bad adaptation overall even if they tried their best to make things look pretty ( various results ).. The field of the sword words of power was very nice ( and only ) addition worthy .

I would watch an OAV for the following arcs given that they would have a better budget.

duckroll

Code Geass: Akito 1

I guess one thing I wasn't clear on was Akito's status.
Is he or is he not a Geass user? I saw the red glow in his eyes but we never saw the wings and such like we saw in the other dude?

Akito and Code Geass TV spoilers:

I think that Akito is geassed, but not a geass user. The guy at the end is Xing, who appears to be his brother (note the flashback scene, and also how they both have Hyuga in their name). The red rim effect on Akito's eyes seems similar to Suzaku's eyes after he was geassed by Lelouch in the TV series.

Here's an updated visual depiction of how Kana Hanazawa is taunting me this season by creeping into all my most anticipated shows:

http://i.minus.com/iXVZcVMfCIfk8.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.minus.com/iuX8al6wxlQ62.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.minus.com/ipxOiqi2slI59.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.minus.com/i5914cWGLhyaF.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I don't know the name of the last anime but the characters are pretty different, so I can't see how this is a bad thing!

Dresden

Looks pretty good. Between that and Little Witch Academia I'm looking forward to next year's crop. Also I need to finish this year's bunch at some point.

mAcOdIn

He is doing all he can to
prevent the harem from growing more.Those 4 girls are now a perfect barrier for any new human candidate.
Ah, so, let me guess:

So, uh, everyone around him gets drug into battle so he feels that the girls are in danger from being by his side so being the good guy that he is he doesn't want anymore friends so that no-one else gets caught up into his shit. Oh, and further he's going to live forever and I assume each of his girls all come into contact with various life threatening situations requiring them to all receive his, uh, stuff, and now they're doomed to live as long as he does too, and again, him being the stand up guy he is feels watching everyone else you love die around you is too much and he wants no more people to receive his, what is it, blessing, adolescence-is(?) and just live out their normal lives, right?

I about get it?

Of course, to counter you could say that all the girls are actually dragging him into everything and nothing was ever his fault and that any further mystics, witches, ninjas, knights, and other female members of any God related secret societies are already involved anyways so such worries seem rather unfounded to me. But whatever.

From the New World 1
tumblr_mb3ck1ZjqU1rx1dfqo2_500.gif

The magic/cursed power in this universe is really well done. I like all their uses for it as seen thus far in their school setting. The background for what happened between present and the past is rather intriguing based off the first few minutes to what was briefly mentioned in their history class. I really anticipate having more details given on how the power developed over time.

Plot had some predictable moments in it,
especially regarding some of the Filthy cat or whatever moments. The mothers reaction to Saki discussing it on the bed with her kind of gave away the fact that it as in fact real at least to me, and then further I think they hinted pretty well that Reiko would definitely vanish. Just what powers does this education board have?

Satoru Asahina is by far the best character. Personality and antics keep the story from feeling way too over serious at times and keeps it enjoyable. Shun and Momoru are good too.

sonicmj1

From the New World 1

Off to a really strong start. I love the sequence leading into the opening credits (especially the music), I love how they weave the exposition into the events of the episode, and I love how confidently they cut between past and present. It was a little disorienting (I had a bit of a hard time keeping up with who everyone was), but it did great things for the pacing. I'm looking forward to learning more about the world.

There's no guarantee that it'll maintain this quality, but hopefully the (supposed) strength of the source material will ensure consistency. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Ah, so, let me guess:

So, uh, everyone around him gets drug into battle so he feels that the girls are in danger from being by his side so being the good guy that he is he doesn't want anymore friends so that no-one else gets caught up into his shit. Oh, and further he's going to live forever and I assume each of his girls all come into contact with various life threatening situations requiring them to all receive his, uh, stuff, and now they're doomed to live as long as he does too, and again, him being the stand up guy he is feels watching everyone else you love die around you is too much and he wants no more people to receive his, what is it, blessing, adolescence-is(?) and just live out their normal lives, right?

I about get it?

Of course, to counter you could say that all the girls are actually dragging him into everything and nothing was ever his fault and that any further mystics, witches, ninjas, knights, and other female members of any God related secret societies are already involved anyways so such worries seem rather unfounded to me. But whatever.

Oh don't worry everyone is telling him that since he is a campione , he should act accordingly ..
and he finally realise that. He realises that he cannot prevent that stuff from happening and made all 4 under his campione divine protection making them concubines/mistress/wife ...whatever. ( it's the same as erika deep kiss in last episode but in a 4 girl orgy )
There is no fooling around at all as he realises that quickly ..it's the girls that want part of the big cake for themselves that have reached a consensus to prevent any fruther entry.
Godou himself knows that all the girls would be in some danger regardless of him being there or not .he isn't into a " i want to protect you from anything" mode but into a "if you're by my side i'll grant you power to achieve victory, but outside of that , do what you want"
In short you're half-right half wrong

cajunator

Banned
From The New world 01

The music, the characters, the atmosphere...this all feels pretty fresh and intriguing.
theres mystery behind these powers that people possess and how all this came to be, what those apparitions are and so forth. And now
Reiko is apparently about to disappear
This is pretty awesome.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
How long is Space Brothers out of curiosity? I've been waiting for it to end so I can marathon it. Some shows I watch week to week (Ano Natsu, Acchi Kocchi, Nichijou etc.) while some shows I prefer to watch either in large chunks or all at once (Chihayafuru, Steins;Gate, and now Space Brothers etc.)

duckroll

How long is Space Brothers out of curiosity? I've been waiting for it to end so I can marathon it. Some shows I watch week to week (Ano Natsu, Acchi Kocchi, Nichijou etc.) while some shows I prefer to watch either in large chunks or all at once (Chihayafuru, Steins;Gate, and now Space Brothers etc.)

Long. It's at least 4-cour, with an option for being renewable. So it might just keep running if it's popular.

mAcOdIn

Oh don't worry everyone is telling him that since he is a campione , he should act accordingly ..
and he finally realise that. He realises that he cannot prevent that stuff from happening and made all 4 under his campione divine protection making them concubines/mistress/wife ...whatever. ( it's the same as erika deep kiss in last episode but in a 4 girl orgy )
There is no fooling around at all as he realises that quickly ..it's the girls that want part of the big cake for themselves that have reached a consensus to prevent any fruther entry.
Godou himself knows that all the girls would be in some danger regardless of him being there or not .he isn't into a " i want to protect you from anything" mode but into a "if you're by my side i'll grant you power to achieve victory, but outside of that , do what you want"
In short you're half-right half wrong
Ah, so
they don't each get a near death experience first. The rest is more or less what I meant though, I meant protect other women from possibly coming into danger by being around him, instead of just being an ass or whatnot he just has the girls keep the other girls away, hence no other poor maidens will get drug into his shit.

I dunno, I don't see the appeal personally.

But....

Just one more question:
Immorta imouto or no?

cajunator

Banned

Space bros already has about the length of a typical two cour show, so you should just marathon what has been aired and catch up. Its worth it.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I just watched the first two and a half episodes of Kokoro Connect after being disappointed with Tsuritama or whatever it was called.

I guess it seems fine thus far?
Maybe you'd want to differentiate the kids further because they all seem to be stock anime characters right now?
I thought the first scene was a bit bad- no real person has ever had a morning like that, and suddenly there's five of those!

I'm assuming they each have some flaw they'll surpass and a dark secret the others will find out about.
I'm guessing it goes something like:
Yui - raped or assaulted or somehing, after she gets over it she'll get with the guy who's after her.
Inaba - No parents or some other thing that caused her to be cold, and she'll learn to open up.
The third girl - Single mother that is too busy to care for her so she does a lot of work, the mother is also probably sick or does bad work to pay for her child's life.
Guys -- I have no idea, if only the girls have flaws/secrets and they don't that completely ridiculous.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I wish I could marathon it too, the show goes sooooo slowly.
It's worth it because there's much depth, but you wait a whole week and get so little progression.

The best thing would be if it could last for like 200 episodes and I could watch 10 at a time!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Long. It's at least 4-cour, with an option for being renewable. So it might just keep running if it's popular.

Space bros already has about the length of a typical two cour show, so you should just marathon what has been aired and catch up. Its worth it.

That long huh? I guess I better get started in the near future.

It's worth it because there's much depth, but you wait a whole week and get so little progression.

The best thing would be if it could last for like 200 episodes and I could watch 10 at a time!

If the show is high quality enough it becomes like Pringles for me.

Ah, so
they don't each get a near death experience first. The rest is more or less what I meant though, I meant protect other women from possibly coming into danger by being around him, instead of just being an ass or whatnot he just has the girls keep the other girls away, hence no other poor maidens will get drug into his shit.

I dunno, I don't see the appeal personally.

But....

Just one more question:
Immorta imouto or no?
I wasn't clear enough
Godou made his decision because they were in a near death experience.. ( each one ) I'm talking mind break, poisonned states , a various lethal injuries . And he is aware that being around him or not all the girls are facing dangers .All 4 are facing gods on a monthly basis after all.

As for your last question :
I'm not sure what you means .. godou sister isn't aware of his campione status ..and she is a regular human.. or are you asking if more characters ( loli , imouto characters ) get into godou harem ?

I hope its not that long, I was gonna start it once the dub releases, but if its that long I cant imagine it being popular enough for Sentai to keep dubbing that much :/

mAcOdIn

As for your last question :
I'm not sure what you means .. godou sister isn't aware of his campione status ..and she is a regular human.. or are you asking if more characters ( loli , imouto characters ) get into godou harem ?
Don't play coy with me! I'm asking if the books dared to
have a rival God attack his little sister and if he had to make out with her and inject his shit into her to satisfy the audience's fetishes save her life.

Hunter x Hunter 49
tumblr_mb5go2TiaU1r5zfj8o1_500.gif

Wow one knows the enemies are strong when even the Zoldicks are saying to avoid them at all costs. This episode was really scary and hard on the heart for me, so much suspense during the whole tailing incident and when Killua started that cold sweat.
The phone scene was intense and then when Phinks called, agh! Did not even see that coming. I thought theyd easily take them on but then now four on four. The scene with Killua dashing everywhere in that room and then trying to kick to escape was epic.

This arc is getting good again and one of the best episodes this arc. I think HxH is starting to become my second favorite long running...

Don't play coy with me! I'm asking if the books dared to
have a rival God attack his little sister and if he had to make out with her and inject his shit into her to satisfy the audience's fetishes save her life.

i'm not playing lol
The answer is "No" But something similar happens :
With maria yuri sister. NO divine power injections ( so far ) but let's say that she became a temporary harem member. There are other sister-like fetishes with other characters you haven't met yet to satisfy the audience's fetishes

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
There's one absolutely terrible looking scene in the Magi PV's when Aladdin is using his turban as a flying carpet. There's a bunch of barrels on the carpet, but they're entirely static while the rest of the carpet is moving, and they're horribly digitally coloured and look awful.

Hype ruined. :(

Also I'm not a fan of Aladdin's voice so far, but that shouldn't matter too much.

mAcOdIn

i'm not playing lol
The answer is "No" But something similar happens :
With maria yuri sister. NO divine power injections ( so far ) but let's say that she became a temporary harem member. There are other sister-like fetishes with other characters you haven't met yet to satisfy the audience's fetishes

Bah, the author's a wimp then, I'd have already done it by volume 5.
Think of all the creepy "I can feel onii-chan inside me" type shit she could say while playing tennis or some shit at school much to the dismay of her classmates and teachers.

Bah, the author's a wimp then, I'd have already done it by volume 5.
Think of all the creepy "I can feel onii-chan inside me" type shit she could say while playing tennis or some shit at school much to the dismay of her classmates and teachers.

You'd be a different campione than him then .
Given what route the author route took i really doubt he is a wimp

-Minsc-

Serika of the Day.

SpaceBros2600.png

Just because.

BTW, I'm curious. Is there any seinen anime out there which has a good female protagonist? That is one which obviously isn't there only for the fanservice?

7Th

From The New World #1 - Loved the opening, the direction did a good job of executing the unsettling mood it was aiming for. Will be interesting if we see more sequences similar in tone to that, later on in the series, because it's easily my favorite scene in the episode.

Every episode starts with a similar sequence.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Kokoro Connect
Watched through episode 4.

The masturbation stuff - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That was great. That gave me enough reason to watch at least two more episodes.
The guys need better flaws though.

I love how the group didn't take Inaba's "confession" seriously at all. I thought it was silly when she first said it but that makes up for it.

duckroll

Btooom! Episode 1-2

Hmmm... it's okay I guess. Pretty average production, and not a fantastic directorial debut from Kotono Watanabe. She doesn't do an awful job, but most of the time the shots just aren't very interesting, and it's a rather by-the-books adaptation. The best part of the show so far visually is the OP, which reminds me of Madhouse's typical exploitation style anime OPs - like Death Note and Highschool of the Dead. This show certainly falls into the same category - there's violence, sexual assault, lots of crazy asshole characters, it's a death game setting, etc.

For fans of the manga I guess it'll be nice to have a rather faithful adaptation (although they do change the order of things around to introduce the female lead in ep2), but it just doesn't seem very interesting to me. The two things about the show which really annoy me though, would be the music (I hate the way some of the tracks repeat the same short tune over and over for "effect", gives me a headache), and the lighting (think of the worst of Ufotable's oversaturated super-glaring lighting, and you have a good idea of what a lot of the show looks like). Other than that it's just mediocre and not very exciting, with an interesting angle or cut once in a long while. I think the director is trying, but the material just isn't that great imo, and she doesn't have much experience.

fertygo

From The New World #1
I don't get the complain for chara design and visual, its a rather good looking show. BTW like everyone already said its a strong start and the story is very interesting.
Every episode starts with a similar sequence.

As in reusing footage or?

duckroll

As in reusing footage or?

The pre-OP for each episode is a different sequence from some point before the time period of the show. So the first episode is 1000 years before (modern day), and the next episode shows something from like 500 years ago, and so on. I think it's meant to slowly bridge the gap to show how the world became the state it is in the show 1000 years later.

fertygo

Due to AoD announcement can Crunchy still get license for simulcasting Crazy Girl?
The pre-OP for each episode is a different sequence from some point before the time period of the show. So the first episode is 1000 years before (modern day), and the next episode shows something from like 500 years ago, and so on. I think it's meant to slowly bridge the gap to show how the world became the state it is in the show 1000 years later.

Nice, that's what I'm hoping for.

The
X-Men outbreak
sequence is the most interesting part in the first episode.

Narag

Gintama 40

Why can't Alien vs Yakuza be real? That's what Kagura's father looks like too? Fucking hell, I was excited after the previews and stuff. Finally some new Ginpachi-sensei too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom