• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys Season 2 new level: Knight Fever

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/fall-guys-season-2-level-reveal-knight-fever-exclusive?sf129923151=1

Knight Fever's been designed as something of a "skill check" for players who've mastered Fall Guys over the last 2 months since release – don't go in feeling too confident, essentially.

Like other races, Knight Fever is split into distinct sections, each with different obstacles to overcome (and you can check out concept art of the full level below). In turn, those obstacles are:
  • Two uphill sections outfitted with spinning blades and holes in the floor
  • Two sets of spinning logs covered in patterns of spikes
  • A downhill slime slide, also covered in spinning blades
  • A stretch of ground with holes on the floor and swinging, spike-covered logs
  • Three sets of drawbridges that open and close erratically
  • The finish line!

Knight-Fever-Concept-Layout.png

magaman

Banned
I love how "seasons" are completely arbitrary here. Basically the devs come out with something new, and it's suddenly a new season.

Also, this new level looks boring as all get out. Even in the embedded clip, no one is getting eliminated.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, that looks way harder than Slime Mountain, and that level eliminates half the room every time.

I hope they lean more on the races than anything else, though. Their netcode sucks donkey balls, so anything that requires precision like grabbing a tail or hitting a ball gets ruined just by that.

Last edited:

theHFIC

Looking forward to season 2. Hit level 40 in pretty much no time after the PS4 release and ready to grind again.

Fall Guys may be my multiplayer game of the year. Great concept and execution. I’ve been playing with friends in group mode.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I felt like season 1 went on for way too long. It got boring quickly. Hopefully, the next season doesn't drag out as long.

Fbh

I thought memegames were supposed to only have 15 minutes of fame.

I'm sure it still has a lot of players, but looking at twitch it definitely took a nosedive. It currently has fewer viewers than Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

That doesn't look that difficult to me. Certainly not harder than Slime Climb.

As long as they get rid of the bullshit games like Jinxed, that's enough to be a win in my book.

Illo

I love how "seasons" are completely arbitrary here. Basically the devs come out with something new, and it's suddenly a new season.

Also, this new level looks boring as all get out. Even in the embedded clip, no one is getting eliminated.
Their new seasons are based off TV seasons of Wipeout. Where new games/matches are introduced with returning old ones. And then they retire the games no one really likes, but then brings them back after a while redesigned or exactly the same.

The seasons is probably going to be a rotational thing so the game doesn't become bloated and they have time to look at what's working and what's not.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
That doesn't look that difficult to me. Certainly not harder than Slime Climb.

As long as they get rid of the bullshit games like Jinxed, that's enough to be a win in my book.
Slime Climb was the scrub stomped this looks like a bit of a challenge but nothing too savage.

Three more days for the next season. Let's see if the game can get revived.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Haven't among us already taken the throne away from Fall Guys?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm sure it still has a lot of players, but looking at twitch it definitely took a nosedive. It currently has fewer viewers than Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

In a just world, HOMM3 would be the most popular game on Twitch every single day.

That said, Fall Guys is fun in 30 minute doses but I said when it came out, I don't see this game working long term in a GAAS battle pass type structure.

Riozel

Neo Member
This game needs lots of procedurally generated levels, at least for the race and platforming events. I actually thought that's what it was going to be like before I played it, but found out there's really not that many levels and it's more about memorizing than improvising.

Compsiox

Banned
I think this will definitely be a case of too little too late. I didn't realize the population declined so much.

They really took too long to get content out and 1 level definitely won't cut it.

NinjaBoiX

It’s quite a fun game but it does get old after a couple of games. I’ve played it like 3 or 4 times now for about 15-20 mins each, I’m already feeling less inclined to reach for it again.

So basically it got kind of boring after an hour.

Compsiox

Banned
It’s quite a fun game but it does get old after a couple of games. I’ve played it like 3 or 4 times now for about 15-20 mins each, I’m already feeling less inclined to reach for it again.

So basically it got kind of boring after an hour.
The kids that made it popular probably played with friends. That adds more replayability.

Fbh

sad times when we measure games by number of viewers

I normally wouldn't.
But these online multiplayer only meme games sort of live and die by their stream appeal.

That said, Fall Guys is fun in 30 minute doses but I said when it came out, I don't see this game working long term in a GAAS battle pass type structure.

Yeah I said in the original thread that I'd be surprised if the game was still big in 6 months.
Thought it was fun for a couple of hours but it gets old pretty fast and the only way I see it staying relevant is if they somehow manage to push out new minigames at a fast and steady rate (which doesn't seem to be the case)

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Not really, that was just one of the new levels.

Knight Fever is just one of a number new minigames coming in the medieval-themed Fall Guys Season 2. The update will also add medieval and fantasy-themed costumes, nameplates and titles, and be a little more generous with the crowns it doles out.

The first season also had 40 unlockables you would gain overtime. The second season would likely be the same here too.

Jada_Li

Banned
I'm excited for season 2 although I'll probably rage quit a few times because I'm one of those players who just isn't good at the game. Just when I thought I got the hang of the courses, then they changed things up and made it more difficult. :messenger_expressionless:
I mean it's good for those who were always dominating and that just means I need more practice with navigating plus competitors grabbing, pushing, etc.

I don't usually play online multiplayer games as it's just not really my type of game I prefer but this one is fine besides Splatoon 2 that I enjoy as well.

Each season better come out every other month or so, and add an extra handful of levels if they want to keep players interested. Otherwise, this game will die off COMPLETELY real quick. I hope they were successful with the whole "PS Plus Free game" launch.

June

This map would probably be a lot more exciting if there were no respawns.

In an earlier preview they showed a bunch of team games like jumping through hoops and capture-the-eggs, and that does not get me excited for the new season. Team games are the worst.

I love Fall Guys but it slants too heavy to bland and easy starter levels that are like just going through the motions. It needs to focus on more skill based match-ups like Hax-a-Gone and Slimb Climb, in my opinion.

Top Bottom