• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - A Nuclear Disappointment

Piercator

Banned
After completing The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 feels like it came from a B-Grade developer. Remember the days when Bethesda was top-tier in RPG games? My time with Morrowind was fantastic.

The problem with their latest games is that they seem to have not evolved in any way since then. I'd say Fallout 4 has even taken steps backwards.

I've just completed the game and I am astonished at how lazy the ending was. Sorry if this seems like a bit of a rant, but I need to vent.

Here's what I found during my play through. MOST OF THIS IS INDEED; OPINION.

• Most character models/animations are simply embarrassing in 2015/16.
  • What a steaming pile of shit the settlement system is. How about explain how some of it works via in-game tutorials Bethesda? Why do I have to google half of the functionality to use it properly? Why do I need a fucking perk to distribute my resources across settlements? Why do I need to wait for a settler to randomly come back to my settlement to cancel a trade route? The answer: the settlement system is a half-baked tacked-on turd to try and sell more copies of the game. I honestly said fuck it after battling with the system and having my crops glitch out for the 5th time and not be able to loot them. I'd rather go play Viva Pinata if I wanted to grow a settlement.
  • Why are there no percentages in the tooltips in most of the perks? "Has a good chance to occur!" is not a very fucking useful perk description Bethesda! People shouldn't have to conduct experiments on Reddit to figure this shit out!
  • The companions are just a nuisance and get in your way constantly, which is sad because I love dogs.
  • Half the time I didn't know what my dialog choice wheel will actually say, so I stuck with the safe default answer.
  • Dialog options are: be a dick, be a sarcastic prick, be a decent person. And half the time they don't change the outcome of the conversation at all.
  • Characters are forgettable, except
    Valentin, Piper and Dogmeat
  • Random chance on conversation options is just fucking annoying.
  • Most of the perks are simply damage increases or a random chance to do something. Also, my thought when unlocking a perk, should not be: "Oh thank god, that was such a tedious part of the game!". I'm looking at you Local Leader Perk. There are others too.
  • Combat is not very enjoyable, I went with a melee build with some shooting mixed in. Using V.A.T.S with the Blitz perk caused all sorts of weird shit to happen, including clipping through walls or simply failing to attack properly. Same old press attack many times to win by shooting or beating a health bar to 0.
  • Crafting system causes you to horde everything you find. Which may not sound like a bad thing, but when paired with a terrible sorting UI and 500 different items that contain various different materials. Good luck finding a material that breaks down into the raw material you need. If I subtracted the amount of time I spent picking shit up, I'd honestly have about 5 hours less play time.
  • Armour is limited and very boring looking.
  • Gun modifications are decent, but really just limited the variety of overall weapons.
  • Definitely not the glitchiest Bethesda game I've played. I had 1 crash and my fair share of falling through the map or quests failing to progress properly requiring a reload though.
  • Power armour; meh - annoying to babysit.

The most disappointing part (spoiler time)...

I actually had a hard time choosing which faction to go with, mostly because you have to pick from factions that are pretty much all dicks. So, I went with my good old Father's - um, I mean son (I see what you did there Bethesda writer, very clever! *rollseyes*) - faction. I was going to go with the Brotherhood until Danse was a Synth and they wanted to kill him. SO I went ahead and murdered Maxwell (he was a royal dick anyway) and all of his crew in the airport and on the ship. I went back to Danse in his hide out expecting him to say something cool about my murdering spree. He says nothing. Literally nothing.

Then, Father wants me to kill the Railroad. Sure I'll do that, they were pretty annoying anyway - except PAM, I left her alive. Then he wants me to blow up the Brotherhood's ship... umm, I just murdered them all, but sure. So I continue to murder more people while I destroy 3 generators (lol) and the ship crashes. It looked pretty cool, but is that really it, no one is going to comment on what I did? I went back to Danse thinking he HAS to comment on the ship being destroyed, right? WRONG - he says nothing again.

Fine - I think - I'll go back to Father and see what happens next. Father is lying in his bed and he dies. The Fucking End. Oh, by the way, WAR NEVER ENDS - did you know that? Plot twist! What a joke!

I honestly didn't even want to cleanup the side quests and just turned the game off, put it back in its box and back on the shelf.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by The Witcher 3's awesome writing, quest design, story telling and ending, but Fallout 4 was easily the most disappointing game of 2015 for me.

Please Bethesda, please scrap your out-dated, patched together with super-glue game engine, hire a new writer and start fresh for your next game. If you don't, devs like CD Projekt Red and Larian are going to leave you in the dust.

Again, sorry for the rant, but I needed to vent and hopefully we can get some discussion out of the points I made. Am I totally wrong?

Now on to Xenoblade X, high hopes based on what I've been reading!

Can't believe we still have this kind of threads

MGrant

- Yes, I agree.
- No, I agree.
- It's none of your business that I agree.
- (Sarcastic) I agree.

Seriously though, what a bore of a game. Gave up on exploring about 30 hours in because I realized that there wasn't really anything to explore besides what I'd seen in the previous 30 hours. Writing and story were a joke, too. I enjoyed the crafting system for the most part, but damn, there wasn't enough to keep me engaged in the world. It was there, but it had no soul at all.

Piercator said:

You can't believe there is gaming discussion on the gaming discussion forum?

ObiDin

Considering I spent over 100 hours on my first play through, I'd say I loved it. I agree with some of OP's complaints, things are not explained well on the settlement building and the radiant quests do get annoying for the Minutemen. But I kept being pulled back as the gameplay itself is much improved over the 2 hours I spent on 3 before realizing I didn't like it.

I do think the various endings are complaint worthy.

I sided with the Railroad as they seemed more interesting and varied than the psychotic Brotherhood and the seemingly nice but ultimately dastardly Institute. Plus after running around with Valentine for half the game, I had to admit that I believed that the Synths could be just as real as a human and were worth trying to save.

But all ending the game did for me was make me want to start a new character and get back in to the wasteland. So yeah, I loved Fallout 4.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I agree with all your points OP, the game just wasn't fun to play. I love RPGs and I really invested a lot of time into the game thinking I'd eventually enjoy it but that time never came. It really feels like a low effort game from Bethesda. I mean, it's not surprising at all, I expected that, but as you said it feels like a game made by a B-tier developer. There were a few fun quests but most of them were just downright rubbish with poor writing and simplified dialogue. I did like the Silver Shroud questline though, but the rest aren't that memorable. I don't think I'll buy another Bethesda game again at full price.

Danny-Boy

I agree with the OP. I haven't felt this way about a AAA game for a while. I mean Metal Gear Solid V was a huge disappointment but I was able to have enough fun to put the hours in and finish it. I'm currently about 15-20 hours in and it's been an absolute chore. I can't put the game back in. Every time I think about the settlements or maintaining the power armor it just brings me down. That's fine I can play without them but the story is so awful and uninspiring. I haven't got the motivation to go on. Huge disappointment especially as I loved every minute of Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim.

Apt image that summarizes my feelings on the series' progression:

falloutseries.png

Credit: Some NMA poster I'm sure.
lol.gif

Namikaze1

I generally liked the game but I agree on some of your points. Did not like the limited dialog options and the whole settlement system is just terrible (even though I managed to make a decent looking cafeteria :D )

I'm never going to unlock the stupid trophy tied to the settlement system. It's gonna be the one trophy preventing me from getting the platinum.

I've said this on Reddit and in other threads.

Fallout 4 was never going to be what I wanted it to be because it wasn't made by Obsidian.

I just didn't realize it until I played Fallout 4.

PooBone

As someone who only played about 10 hours of Fallout 3 and none of New Vegas, I was prepared to have Fallout 4 knock my socks off.

I was sorely disappointed, I got the Pip Boy Edition for Christmas and 20 hours in I think I'm done.

Hupsel

I thought I would actually enjoy this game. The first 6 hours or so were pretty good, since I think the combat is slightly better than previous entries in the series. But then more hours passed and I grew extremely bored. It's just the same thing as Fallout 3 and New Vegas and, like OP said, WORST in several areas. I think VATS is terrible (always was) so they should have created something new for Fallout 4. The map is a mess. Characters and story are absolutely terrible, nothing makes sense. Once again, another Bethesda game where you are the leader of everything... General of the Minutemen? Give me a break. Incredible disappointing game.

Edit: Oh, and crafting is also bad, makes you just collect a lot of crap you dont care about. Settlements are also a pain in the ass. The two new additions are actually horrible - settlements and crafting. I hate them so much :<

I don't think it was the worst, but I kinda just stopped playing.

Returning to the same areas to do the same things is just kinda boring, and even some of the new areas aren't all that compelling when quest design is so samey most of the time.

KTallguy

Banned
I also found the game to be vapid... I gave it a good 10 hours, and enjoyed myself to a degree... the settlement stuff is a guilty pleasure really, I enjoy building things.

But every story thread is pretty damn uninteresting, and most of them die out before they become anything really impactful. Your ability to make a mark on the world is severely hampered. Sure you can make settlements, but narrative-wise there's no real payoff to that.

I beat The Witcher 3, and even though it has its issues, the majority of the stories in that game were at least interesting, some of them fascinating. Combat had its issues, but it was playable enough that I could enjoy it.

I think Cyberpunk is really the futuristic RPG to wait for.

Edit: And yes, it's really annoying that so many quests are "kill these raiders". I want to be able to negotiate or at least choose a side. "Kill Raiders" is fun a few times, but after a while it just feels like a B shooter.

I will say that the atmosphere inside some of the environments is really nice.

theapg

Really my only complaints are:
  • Lack of choice (yes, no(yes), mean (yes) etc.)
  • Dialogue is so cut down compared to 3 and FNV
  • The story all of a sudden just slows way down about 60 hours. Granted thats a lot of game, but to have seemingly unlimited quests in front of you and then all of a sudden have nothing to do is a little depressing.
  • The factions are all dislikable their logics don't really make sense.

I love the gameplay, it finally feels like a real shooter, but the story kind of sours the whole experience.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I think people really need to go back and play Morrowind. Everytime I see it held up as this unique thing that feels out of place in comparison to what Bethesda has released since then, I just roll my eyes, ignoring of course that they have two entirely different rpg "systems."

As for the complaints (you should number these next time you make a "This Is My Opinion!" thread):

1. Most character models/animations are simply embarrassing in 2015/16.

Unsurprising given it's based on the same old engine, that was originally meant to be implemented on current gen systems. If they are STILL using this system on TES VI, then we can whip out the pitch forks.

2. What a steaming pile of shit the settlement system is. How about explain how some of it works via in-game tutorials Bethesda? Why do I have to google half of the functionality to use it properly? Why do I need a fucking perk to distribute my resources across settlements? Why do I need to wait for a settler to randomly come back to my settlement to cancel a trade route? The answer: the settlement system is a half-baked tacked-on turd to try and sell more copies of the game. I honestly said fuck it after battling with the system and having my crops glitch out for the 5th time and not be able to loot them. I'd rather go play Viva Pinata if I wanted to grow a settlement.

Horribly explained, and definitely glitches in some areas (items left after taking over a settlement now count as stealing even though they didn't belong to the settlers that now live there), however you do not have to use it.

3. Why are there no percentages in the tooltips in most of the perks? "Has a good chance to occur!" is not a very fucking useful perk description Bethesda! People shouldn't have to conduct experiments on Reddit to figure this shit out!

Streamline. It's not THAT kind of RPG. They aren't Obsidian or Larian.

4. The companions are just a nuisance and get in your way constantly, which is sad because I love dogs.

Same as it ever was.

5. Half the time I didn't know what my dialog choice wheel will actually say, so I stuck with the safe default answer.

Are they REALLY that obtuse? Honestly now. Subtle isn't even close to what I would call the dialog wheel choices.

6. Dialog options are: be a dick, be a sarcastic prick, be a decent person. And half the time they don't change the outcome of the conversation at all.

No they aren't.

7. Characters are forgettable, except Valentin, Piper and Dogmeat.

Opinion.

8. Random chance on conversation options is just fucking annoying.

Opinion and has been in their system for years. It is a way of making the CHM stat useful.

9. Most of the perks are simply damage increases or a random chance to do something. Also, my thought when unlocking a perk, should not be: "Oh thank god, that was such a tedious part of the game!". I'm looking at you Local Leader Perk. There are others too.

Define "most." I did a build where it wasn't until level 20 that I actually got anything that increased the raw damage I was doing and I'm struggling to think which of those they are that aren't tied to weapon types. Local Leader is definitely tedious but worth it if you are going a certain route with your build.

10. Combat is not very enjoyable, I went with a melee build with some shooting mixed in. Using V.A.T.S with the Blitz perk caused all sorts of weird shit to happen, including clipping through walls or simply failing to attack properly. Same old press attack many times to win by shooting or beating a health bar to 0.

Opinion and honestly what did you expect from a melee build?

11. Crafting system causes you to horde everything you find. Which may not sound like a bad thing, but when paired with a terrible sorting UI and 500 different items that contain various different materials. Good luck finding a material that breaks down into the raw material you need. If I subtracted the amount of time I spent picking shit up, I'd honestly have about 5 hours less play time.

Use the tag system. I only know the types of materials in the game. I certainly have no interest in knowing what every object in the game is. If there are materials I need for upgrades, I simply tag it from my inventory and look for the glow removing the "good luck finding. . ."

12. Armour is limited and very boring looking.

Upgrade your armor stats and complete the quests to get access to better armor.

13. Gun modifications are decent, but really just limited the variety of overall weapons.

100% do not agree with the final statement. At all. I do not remember having access to a plasma rifle that can tag and track enemies a la Far Cry in previous games.

14. Definitely not the glitchiest Bethesda game I've played. I had 1 crash and my fair share of falling through the map or quests failing to progress properly requiring a reload though.

Based on user experience.

15. Power armour; meh - annoying to babysit.

Confusing sentence. Remove power core and move on. Map shows you where the armor is, and if parked at a fast travel location is always there (assuming it's unpowered).

CDprojekt went from a small group of developers:

Made
Witcher>Witcher 2>Witcher 3

You can clearly see massive levels of progression and talent from CDprojekt from an indie-ish studio to outright amazing AAA studio that everyone use as a standard for rpgs now.

Bethesda is an AAA developer:

made

Morrowind>Oblivion>Fallout 3>Skyrim>Fallout 4

We saw bethesda create one of the most unique and special RPGs of the time to simplifying and receding in quality for each entry. Bethesda needs to take a look into fixing a lot of things about their formula of games. Fallout 4 already feels dated, no doubt if their next game continues the same path, it would feel too much like their previous games while everyone moves on without them.

I happened to be streaming just for kicks when I experienced my first game-stopping bug after 250+ hours of playtime - go to 13:04 in the video.

Its the first time I've had to reload a checkpoint due to a bug. I'm not sure if I should be impressed I went that long without encountering a major bug or if I should be disappointed I encountered any bug at all. The game has a certain janky feel to it that makes it seem like something like this happening would be inevitable. Is that feeling a part of the "charm" of the game, or something that detracts from the overall experience?

Either way, I just love watching heads explode off people's shoulders in this game. It just makes the game 10x more satisfying for me.

LPride

Banned
I think the weapon modification was a good idea since it allowed them to just make like, six guns and call it a day. Need a stronger gun? Unlock Gun Nut 2 to get the relevent reciever upgrade to do more damage. There, now they dont have to waste time creating useful or interesting loot.

Sure, its shitty for the players but it made Bethsofts job a lot easier pushing the game out the door!

I enjoyed it a ton, but can't really disagree with your criticisms. I abhor the continuous "streamlining" and removal of RPG elements Bethesda has done, I feel like they really ratcheted down the depth after Fallout 3 starting with Skyrim.

Yet despite that, the gunplay is very good, and the atmosphere really pulls me into it. The visuals and soundtrack make me feel like I'm playing in a world, which is something very few games achieve. If other games were this half baked, but at least got the atmosphere right, and had large enough modding communities that I could easily create my preferred experience, I would be similarly willing to overlook more of their shortcomings.

Also, what's up with all the banned accounts on the first page? I don't think I've ever seen so many.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Probably the biggest disappointment of the year for me, but it was still pretty enjoyable.

I seem to be in the minority, but I really like how the game looks. Their new lighting tech can create a fine looking image.

Went into it expecting Fallout 3 (2.0) and was STILL disappointed. Did not care for the leveling system, settlements, all of the factions and the ending. It was just an overall stale experience that didn't do anything for me. Going into it, I thought it was easily going to be my GOTY but was severely let down.

I really don't know how you could go from one of the greatest games of all time to this mediocre ish.

Mossybrew

Yet despite that, the gunplay is very good, and the atmosphere really pulls me into it. .

Yeah ultimately this is what made the game enjoyable for me - I really like the combat, and the atmosphere of the world/just exploring, and have no complaints about the graphical presentation. I do agree with a lot of the criticisms - the main story ended up just going nowhere, choice of factions didn't feel organic or logical, just like they were fulfilling some design mandate whether it made sense or not. Not many interesting side quests at all. Dialogue options just kinda give your character a bit of flavor/attitude but almost never really change anything (another game that tries to give the illusion of choice and fails, pet peeve of mine).

At any rate I feel I got my money's worth buying the game full price.

dragos495

LOVED fallout 4 but im still on the fence with witcher 3... at least i bought the CE for both of them.

maybe because of the guns. i dont know why. i platinumed the shait out of fallout 4, meanwhile im stuck in a cave with some knight and his dogs in witcher 3...

Mods will fix most of that and are the reason everyone looks to Fallout 4 games with so much hype. The original game is pretty good, as was Skyrim. The game with mods? Simply Divine. That's the power of mods and the reason why those Devs you mentioned won't surpass Beth anytime soon. Look at the weak Dev Tools of TW3. Then check out Skyrim for what we can expect out of Fallout. The difference is simply staggering. Play Skyrim fully modded and you will play a different game entirely. One with vast potential and near limitless customization. Out of the box, perhaps TW3 is the superior game. I'm not certain I would dispute that. That won't matter in a year when Witcher will be getting Lttp threads while Fallout is still being played for thousands of hours.

HBP

I generally agree with most of your points even though I still loved Fallout 4 (3 was my favorite game of last gen), I feel like Witcher 3 was a much better game. However most of your issues I can get over but the one that drove me crazy was the one regarding the dialog options, I often felt like I had no real choice of what I wanted to do or wasn't sure how it would work out.

mxgt

Banned
Mods will fix most of that and are the reason everyone looks to Fallout 4 games with so much hype. The original game is pretty good, as was Skyrim. The game with mods? Simply Divine. That's the power of mods and the reason why those Devs you mentioned won't surpass Beth anytime soon. Look at the weak Dev Tools of TW3. Then check out Skyrim for what we can expect out of Fallout. The difference is simply staggering. Play Skyrim fully modded and you will play a different game entirely. One with vast potential and near limitless customization. Out of the box, perhaps TW3 is the superior game. I'm not certain I would dispute that. That won't matter in a year when Witcher will be getting Lttp threads while Fallout is still being played for thousands of hours.

Mods aren't going to fix the terrible dialogue system, quests and overall lack of variety in choice.

Moofers

OP, I totally hear all your complaints. I don’t agree about the characters being dull though. I think Cait and Hancock are also particularly noteworthy, and Curie is a personal favorite.

For me, the game is more than the sum of its parts. Yes the animation is rough (that Vault Tec guy at the start….yeesh!) and the settlement stuff needs work and the game as a whole seems to suffer from some bugs like all Bethesda RPGs do, BUT it somehow rises above all that for me. I’m thoroughly enjoying the settlement stuff. I don’t know why, I just think its fun to build out all these different fortresses and populate them with settlers. I was hoping it would end up providing a sort of “Horde mode” experience where I could expect regular attacks on each location, but that’s not really been the case. In fact, I’ve apparently done such a great job building them up that when attacks DO happen, they are over before I can really dig in and prepare for a true battle. I’m really hoping the DLC expands on this and gives my settlements some action.

As for the world itself, I’ve been just taking it slowly and enjoying it. I’m only halfway through the main questline at level 40 and I’m having a lot of fun. Last night, I took Curie on her personal quest and at one point some time needed to pass for her quest to advance. I could have just waited on the couch nearby, but instead I decided to go kill some time at the local bar/nightclub. I sat and watched the lounge singer perform for a while, then started to chat up the bartender who ended up proposing a few dirty jobs he needed done. I talked him into giving me more than double what he originally offered and then accepted. So while Curie has this image of me as a nice guy who is doing good deeds, I’m off by myself accepting kill contracts in the cloak of night. I had several in-game hours to do the jobs, so I prepped my gear and ventured off to the first location.

At the door, I suspended Fallout 4 and loaded up Spotify. I have a workout playlist of heavy metal on there. I loaded up “Seamless” from American Head Charge, hopped back into Fallout 4, and broke into the first location. As the guitars hammered away, I moved through the place like a force of nature. I was using VATS to pull off multiple 1-kill headshots in a row before letting the AP meter charge as I blasted my way upstairs in realtime. All of these guys were Triggerman dirtbags, so whatever reservations I had about killing for money suddenly completely disappeared. It was like I had permission now. So, I tore through the rest of the place, looted anything worth taking, and moved on to the next two locations to do it again and again, with metal accompanying the sound of gunshots and bodies hitting the floor.

That sounds kinda sadistic when I read back on it, but at the time it was a hell of a lot of fun. I think the game can be very much what you make of it and I wanted to have fun with it, so I did. Otherwise, I could have just waited on the couch near Curie and let time pass, basically missing that whole adventure.

Its not a perfect game. Its pretty far from it in a lot of ways, but its still a damn good game, in my opinion. I’ve got something like 100+ hours at this point and I hardly ever put that kind of time into games these days. 40 hours is usually where I max out. So yeah, the game has its flaws, but what’s there is still pretty special.

Qwyjibo

I had a feeling part-way through the Witcher 3 that it was a game that would ruin other new AAA RPGs for me. It already killed my desire to go back and complete Dragon Age Inquisition (but I probably will when my new PC is complete in a couple weeks). My hype for Fallout 4 died as well to the point where I'll probably wait and give it a shot during a Steam Summer sale or something.

It's so weird because Fallout 2 and New Vegas are among my favourite games of all time. Despite Bethesda not being the most skilled in terms of creating lively and interesting worlds, it's still Fallout. I should really want to play this game. Everything I read about Fallout 4 just reeks of a dumbed-down Fallout 3.5, which is unfortunate. Again, I haven't played it yet so hopefully I'm wrong. I just have the expectation of having a good RPG experience with a Fallout game.

IMO, the Witcher 3 has set some insanely high expectations for these types of games. It might be a bit unfair to compare every game to TW3 but CDPR somehow got a game of this quality out in 2015. Why shouldn't we expect the same from other developers?

Fallout 4 is my choice for best FPS this year. i liked the gunplay, bullet time (i think its called vats?) and the ability to customize and craft armor and weapons as you progress.

As a sandbox FPS, i don't expect it to have strong dialogue which is ok to me. Bethesda allows me to do so much in their world.

We need more FPS type of games like Fallout 4.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i really tried playing this game.
but the more i tried it the emptier it felt.

not even talking about the brainless endless repeating fetch quest.
also nothing in the game is making me want to build..
it feels like a thing that got tacked on last minute.

if i compared this game to the witcher 3 .
this game feels like it's from 2012 or something.

but the idiot in me bought the season pass day 1
let's hope bethesda will make this game better :)

I just read this YouTube comment (lol) on a NV video and this is who Bethesda catered to for 4 on advice about skills

"are you kidding me? that was the part I really disliked. The more you "learn" about guns, the more damage it would deal to enemies....excuse me, what? GUNS DON'T WORK THAT WAY!&#65279;"

bobawesome

Can't believe we still have these kinds of posts. If criticism of your favorite game bothers you so much, feel free to ignore the thread. However, some people feel burned by Bethesda and have the right to vocalize their opinion.

danm999

[*]Factions & Story -
Boring, boring, boring. Son was stolen, go into the world and save him, plot twist he's older than you,

That was some twist for the sake of twist shit.

I mean, to make that twist work, Bethesda completely invents and then abandons new technology that exists nowhere else in the universe (preserving Kellogg in such a way; you'd think that maybe they'd want to use that amazing tech to save their leader and Synth DNA blueprint Shaun, even Mr House's body rots way worse), and then has Shaun and Kellogg follow a totally illogical plan (waiting for you with a child synth in Diamond City), even though if they were concerned about you coming after them they could have simply gone to your cyro pod anytime in the intervening 60 years and guarded it or gotten you out or something. And then they are recalled for some reason back to the Institute.

It actually makes no sense and is obviously written backwards to get you to that shocking revelation that Shaun is an old man.

SomTervo

Having heard all the negativity surrounding FO4's RPG and story aspects, i'm going in like it's an action game, an open world Half Life 2 or something.

Playing it as a straight up immersive action game, it seems pretty damn great. I'm embracing its simplicity.

Only 2 hours in.

Tom Penny

I agree with everything you said except I have run in tons of bugs. Many quest killing that I had to find dev codes to skip entire parts and still have a quest that is impossible to finish so I cannot receive any more clear the commonwealth quests.

ship it

well of course they are opinions. Or did you think OP was an omnipotent god who spoke in absolute thruths?

not only that, but he complains about the OPs format and then makes this impossible to follow wall of retorts.

and using "opinion" like it somehow negates something. just save us all the trouble of reading that nonsense and use the lebowski gif. at least its a tiny bit entertaining.

Why not? The criticisms seem well spelled out.

exactly.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Has the years erased the flaws in Morrowind? Early overscaling killed that game for me.

My problem with Morrowind is that it becomes so easy to break legitimately. Crafting potions that give 250k Speed for 2.3 millenia in game time.. sounds better than it really is. The curse of alchemy.

Top Bottom