• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 vs. The Outer Worlds

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Fallout 4

Votes: 137 71.0%
  • The Outer Worlds

Votes: 56 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

vz2IdNf.jpg

Riven326

Banned
Fallout 4 needed better writing and deeper rpg mechanics. Other than that, I thought it was pretty good. Haven't played Outer Worlds. The game's art direction really turns me off.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I really enjoy FO4; that's even with not really digging the building mechanic. It's a fun Bethesda engine RPG... huge amount of content, lots of playstyle options.. what I expect from them.

Outer Worlds bored me a few hours in.

Nameless

Fallout 4 at least offered a big sandbox with decent exploration and emergent fuckery. Outer Worlds' locations were sterile, bland, and outside of bad scripted combat encounters, featured little to do besides traveling back and forth between NPC waypoints. I also quickly grew to despise its one-note
'wink wink' satirical tone.

tommycronin

It should be Outer Worlds considering my opinion of Fallout 4 but atleast Fallout had a lot more going on than Outer Worlds did. If Fallout 4 had the dialogue options of Outer Worlds just imagine how good it would have been.

Laptop1991

Triple A shooter with building mechanics vs a double A RPG that wasn't that replayable due to a lot less funding, not really a fair comparison, Fallout 4 was a good game but not a good RPG and the outer worlds is a good RPG but limited, i can't really vote here, but i will be getting the dlc for the Outer Worlds as i enjoyed the game, but felt a little disappointed after playing both games.

Bkdk

Definitely fallout 4. While I enjoy outer worlds vanilla slightly more, I sank 200-300 hours on fallout 4 with various mods playthroughs and is eventually my game of the generation because no games this gen is both open world and support such robust modding capabilities. I doubt the future bethesda games will have this level of mod support either, Fallout 4 could be the last game that can be played like this.

After NV, I though Obsidian would knock it out the park but The Outer Worlds was so damn boring.

Let Bethesda craft the world and Obsidian do the writing and design the quests. This makes for a top-tier RPG.

dorkimoe

Outer worlds is the most forgettable game this gen. It was fine to play for free on gamepass. But the loot/armor/ entire rpg system of items was terrible.

llLeonhart

Being heavily biased against Bethesda(just being transparent)

Outer worlds is actually a good game and it has character.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Battle of the stinkers, fallout cause I could at least sneaky shoot shoot in it.

chilichote

I loved "Fallout 4" (and still love it^^), I haven't played "The Outer Worlds" ... but I will!

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You...are just pulling these games out of your ass right? Because not many people in the entire internet consider Fallout 4 or TOW games of the generation. That being said F4 is better.

Patrick S.

Banned
You...are just pulling these games out of your ass right? Because not many people in the entire internet consider Fallout 4 or TOW games of the generation. That being said F4 is better.
I was kinda wondering what the criteria for selecting the entrants are, but Fallout 4 has/had huge player numbers on Steam, and must have sold really well. Outer Worlds is a bit of an odd choice, yeah

zeorhymer

F4. From customizing guns to the vast array of talents. Not to mention you get to build settlements (even though you don't have to). And cmon....who doesn't love Dogmeat.

FO4, it's more fun TO play, best exploration in a BGS game, side and main stories aren't as bad as people say and are enjoyable IF you don't compare it NV, very good shooting and looting.

Good DLC too.

Outer Worlds I've not played yet and by the looks of it i won't be anytime soon, what I've seen of it reinforces my thoughts that everyone with talent has left Obsidian a long time ago and now they're no better than Bioware.

Jaxcellent

Loved the outer worlds, but I lived in Fallout 4. Altho, soms parts of Fallout 3 were better IMO I still had alot of fun. Then again, if Beth doesn't changes it's ways next gen I will probably like Outer Worlds 2 over Fallout 5.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I was kinda wondering what the criteria for selecting the entrants are, but Fallout 4 has/had huge player numbers on Steam, and must have sold really well. Outer Worlds is a bit of an odd choice, yeah
I'm sure it had big numbers just because of mods. You know which ones.

Haven’t gotten a chance to play Fallout 4 yet.

I enjoyed New Vegas but Outer Worlds just couldn’t hold me past a few hours unfortunately. Something about it just didn’t grab me.

ZZZZ

an average game against a really shitty one, guess i'm voting for the game that at least wasn't boring the whole time.

ZZZZ

I'm sure it had big numbers just because of mods. You know which ones.
It was BGS first game after Skyrim, it was going to do well regardless, sex mods or not.
Edit: Doesn't mean the game is great or anything, hype sells copies.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Fallout 4 is an improvement of Fallout 3 in almost everyway

World Design, Settlement, Story, Graphics, Town, combat and cities

It has my favourite companion too : Nick Valentine

Fallout 3 better in one thing : dialogue

Dialogue in F4 sometimes felt stupid and simplistic

Outer Worlds is like a lite version of Fallout 4

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Man, honestly, I don't even remember FO4. I mean, I remember playing it, but I don't remember completing it. I'm PRETTY sure I did, because I remember blasting through the campaign main quest.

The Outer Worlds was an interesting game, I know it was a really good one. But man, it didn't hold my interest whatsoever. It scratched that Fallout itch a bit, sure. But it was like playing Fallout without VATs in an environment and with an art style that just felt less appealing to me. :(

Codswallop_

Neophyte
It has its issues, but I've still replayed Fallout 4 a bunch of times over the years. Doubt I'll ever touch Outer Worlds again.

GymWolf

Elex is better than both except the combat\graphics (not that these 2 games have great combat, far from that)

bender

What time is it?
Finished both. I remember more about Outer Worlds but that probably has more to do with how recently they released. I wish I could vote them both off the island.

I keep reinstalling Fallout 4, playing for an hour and then uninstalling again. Probably the most mundane game I've played from Bethesda.

I honestly enjoyed The Outer World's for the first dozen hours or so, but it started to wane after that until I eventually got bored.

Both kinda average really but The Outer World's was decent enough to stay Installed for a while

Greeno

I can only say this. I see potential in Outer Worlds future. I don't see that in Fallout's future. Fallout 4 was an utter disappointment compared to Fallout New Vegas and 3. They dumbed down the RPG mechanics to levels of stupidity (yes means no and no means yes).

Last edited:
Fallout 4 is a great game, regardless of what it did to hurt the franchise. In a vacuum, not called Fallout 4, it'd be pretty well-respected. Outer Worlds is very GOOD but not great, it's a shame because I expected something like a spiritual successor to New Vegas but it's nowhere near that.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I couldn't believe how bored I was by The Outer Worlds after all the pre-release hype it received. I expected to at least enjoy it as much as a Bethesda rpg. I literally can't remember a thing about it, except for the map in the spaceship. That's the only mental image I can conjure up.

Top Bottom