• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 announced more at E3

Dunki

Ok just now the new Fallout Game was announced on the Stream which kinda surprised me. They showed a small trailer. Since it is not Fallout 5 maybe it is a spin off set in a different Universe and in the year 76? Who knows. At least this is something I will be interested in during E3

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Could be cool, but I hate the way they spent 24 hours to reveal this extremely limited information.

The video clearly is talking about vault 76 but I don't remember anything about it. I always need more Fallout though so I am pretty excited!

wipeout364

I thought that was clear from the trailer? The jumpsuit.
I was so excited I didn’t watch it. I just did and was Disappointed to not see any gameplay, only because I’m worried it will be a mobile game or a card game or something. I will keep my fingers crossed it’s not.

wipeout364

Hoping it's done by obsidian since it's not a mainline game.
Are Obsidian and Bethesda on good terms? I thought they were not, but would support this if it happens it would be amazing. Might be cool to get a pillars of eternity style fallout from them really old school.

The video clearly is talking about vault 76 but I don't remember anything about it. I always need more Fallout though so I am pretty excited!
76 was the "control" vault, where they didn't implement some sick experiment on the inhabitants. It's the perfect starting point for an online Fallout.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It's off they didn't hold this for the press conference. Even when everyone on the planet knew they were going to close with Fallout 4 in (2015?) They still waited and announced it in their terms.

Could be cool, but I hate the way they spent 24 hours to reveal this extremely limited information.
could be. You could be spending weeks only to end up severely disappointed in the end(aka. pokemon let's go)
BdZrQrb.jpg
Most likely it is the year 2076

Last edited:

Redshirt

Banned
I don't think this is the long-rumored Fallout Online or another ESO equivalent.

I suspect smaller in scale. Survival game seems like a good guess.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If it's an online game then you can 100% count me out.

I have zero interest. I recognize that I am not a majority and with so many online games raking in dough I can't blame Bethesda for trying to dip their hand into that pool.

I'd take Fallout 3 Anniversary over another online RPG any day.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
Goddamn I hope this thing isn't an online fallout. That's a massive hyper nuking bummer right there. Also, these teaser trailers offer absolutely nothing except the game announcement in & of itself. I mean at least show a snippet of gameplay, i.e. would that be too difficult? Blegh.

Blam

You know this is gonna be a massive map, and just gonna let you build a base, fight others, and loot with friends. It's gonna be a COOP/Online Fallout with basebuilding, and vault upgrading? No modding obviously it'll break a lot of shit no doubt.

bufkus

Thankfully it sounds like a smaller, non-AAA game, which means they might still announce Starfield at E3 as well.

Disappointing, not at all what I was hoping and online base building does not sound appealing to me.

But the time period is interesting, so I won't write it off completely, I need to see more.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hmm...it doesn’t bother me that this exists, but I’ll most likely not be buying it. I doubt a proper Fallout will get announced anytime soon, so I will keep on hoping for an Elder Scrolls announcement at E3.

Dargor

Is it gonna be a battle royale kinda thingy? If it is, I hope its good and all, for the people that like that kind of game, but I'll have to pass.

EV4D

Neo Member
Todd Howard was not behind all the Fallout games, but he was behind the best ones. Since he is in charge of this game I am in!

Pallas

Gold Member
Interesting, I’m wondering if it’ll be similar to MGS:V with the online feature, where players could invade your base and make off with stuff.

Maybe some sort of pair function with Fallout Shelter?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I need to take a stand here. Is no one else at a bit underwhelmed with the lack of quality in several aspects of Bethesda games? I really wanna see an overhaul here. The character models, shooting mechanics, swordplay, hit collision...etc. There's just too much jank for me with these games. What's more tragic...I OWN THEM ALL. Bought Skyrim twice even...each time I'm slightly more annoyed with the animation, the drab environments and the horrendous voice acting. I need an intervention. I gotta resist this. That being said, I loved dishonored 2. The take had a touch of Elder Scrolls, with better looking character models, better fighting mechanics, and no stupid V.A.T.S. crutch.

#reformbethesda

Moving the whole crafting and building thing to a spinoff is fine but I would prefer a Fallout 5 move AWAY from that stuff as it was my least favorite aspect of 4.

I wonder what it means by "numerous retcons"? At this point in time it's best to pretend Bethesda's Fallout is an entirely different continuity separate from the original two games and New Vegas, it just makes more sense that way.

Top Bottom