• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout London release date announced: April 23 2024

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

This Fallout 4 mod was originally scheduled to come out this year but they are pushing back the release date to give themselves enough time to properly test the mod for any significant bugs and glitches.

As a reminder the Fallout show on Amazon comes out on April 12 so Fallout fans are going to have a good time in April.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Jesus....

Anyway, if MS was smart they'd dump 10 million dollars into the lap of whoever has the authority to sign off on letting them officially release this.
There's too much wrangling around with how mods work and to who they should credit and pay for these sort of things.

It's the whole reason why high end mods like Fallout London, Fallout Miami and Fallout 4 New Vegas will never come to the new "Creations" paid mods Skyrim just got because officially supported mods aren't allowed to be there if they rely on other mods to work/exist.

Krieger

Are they gonna talk in that cockney British accent nobody can understand? Quest givers gonna call you Bruv and shit like that.

• Empathy
Reactions: amc
There's too much wrangling around with how mods work and to who they should credit and pay for these sort of things.

It's the whole reason why high end mods like Fallout London, Fallout Miami and Fallout 4 New Vegas will never come to the new "Creations" paid mods Skyrim just got because officially supported mods aren't allowed to be there if they rely on other mods to work/exist.
Oh I know it would be hard, that's where the magic of money comes in. I'm talking a stand-alone release.

"Hi Fallout London team, here's a literal dump truck full of cash for you to let us publish this game officially. You're also all hired if you want as a distributed WFH team to make more Creation Engine games for us. Please submit your next idea to Mr. Howard for approval."

"Todd, these crazy people will literally make offshoot games for us, please give them a bit of guidance on their next project."

Dazraell

Oh I know it would be hard, that's where the magic of money comes in. I'm talking a stand-alone release.

"Hi Fallout London team, here's a literal dump truck full of cash for you to let us publish this game officially. You're also all hired if you want as a distributed WFH team to make more Creation Engine games for us. Please submit your next idea to Mr. Howard for approval."

"Todd, these crazy people will literally make offshoot games for us, please give them a bit of guidance on their next project."
These type of things might be impossible to release as a standalone games as these projects are made by plenty of volounteers and compensation for it might be way too tricky. Best case scenario is seeing this release as a standalone mod product on Steam requiring you to own the main game like we had with Enderal, Deus Ex Revision or Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos mods

That being said, this team formed a "Team FOLON" studio with intention of working on next projects, so who knows where this will head in the future. They may be planning to work with Bethesda on future Creations stuff, or just go on their own and create their own game in a similar vein as what the dev of The Forgotten City did in the past

in the lore, was there even vaults in London?
I believe Vault-Tec was US only thing. One of the things devs of this mod were often saying is that they are really excited about creative opportunites that this setting has as a lot of things is intended to feel like a vast departure from other Fallout games

Xion_Stellar

Well it's not like the Modding Community isn't involved in an official capacity. Bethesda did actually hire someone from the Fallout London team and one of their biggest supporter studios for Fallout 76 is Double Eleven is comprised of former modders and they are the one who made the Nuka World on tour update for Fallout 76 and they are the ones handling the expansion of the map for Fallout 76 next year

There's nothing in the lore about London everything in this mod is made from scratch.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Knives are gonna be op in this.

chicken connoisseur GIF by GRM Daily

Red5

There's nothing in the lore about London everything in this mod is made from scratch.

In the Fallout bible, Europe was already devastated from wars over resources against the Middle East with nuclear exchanges, then devolving into quarreling nations.

mdkirby

Watch this be better than all of the Bethesda-made Fallouts combined. And Bethesda, instead learning from it or even hiring the modders, be salty about it.
It’s almost guaranteed to be better than starfield. I’ve not tried fallout on my series X yet, I used to play it on ps5, I know xbox always had better mod support, does anyone know if these sort of larger mods tend to make their way to seriesX ?

Hudo

It’s almost guaranteed to be better than starfield. I’ve not tried fallout on my series X yet, I used to play it on ps5, I know xbox always had better mod support, does anyone know if these sort of larger mods tend to make their way to seriesX ?
Didn't Bethesda pull back or pull the plug on their console mod support initiative because they wanted to charge money and people rightfully being pissed about it? Or has this been resolved?

Last edited:

Dazraell

Watch this be better than all of the Bethesda-made Fallouts combined. And Bethesda, instead learning from it or even hiring the modders, be salty about it.
They apparently hired one of the modders who worked on London

I don't think Bethesda will do anything with this mod as we had similar high profile releases in the past (like Enderal, Beyond Skyrim: Bruma or The Forgotten City for Skyrim, F4 also has Point Lookout remake available and Bethesda haven't pulled it out). That being said, it's worth to be cautious of their movements as the recent introductions of "Creations" to Skyrim does sound like they are more and more eager to look for ways of monetising mods. While this doesn't mean too much for Skyrim and Fallout 4 as you can still play mods without using their in-game store, this may be concerning for upcoming Starfield's modding scene

Xion_Stellar

does anyone know if these sort of larger mods tend to make their way to seriesX ?
No they never do and most likely never will.

Why? Because getting every single person that work on such projects including volunteers to agree putting the mods on console is unlikely to happen and that's without taking into account how much a single mod dependents on the work and systems made by another mod that weren't technically part of the original Modding team. If you ever modded on PC before with Vortex or MO2 you could get a clearer picture on how much mods stack on top of each other.

A more real technical reason would be that this mod relies heavily on the Scrip Extender mod and that mod isn't supported/available on consoles.

can i play this on my series x?
No

Last edited:

mdkirby

No they never do and most likely never will.

Why? Because getting every single person that work on such projects including volunteers to agree putting the mods on console is unlikely to happen and that's without taking into account how much a single mod dependents on the work and systems made by another mod that weren't technically part of the original Modding team. If you ever modded on PC before with Vortex or MO2 you could get a clearer picture on how much mods stack on top of each other.

A more real technical reason would be that this mod relies heavily on the Scrip Extender mod and that mod isn't supported/available on consoles.

No
Thanks, and damn that’s a shame. I thought xbox did allow script editing mods, but they were prohibited on PlayStation. Oh well. And yeah I built but never completed a very sizable mod for oblivion back in the day in the year between completing my games degree but prior to starting my first business. Sank at least 1000 hours into that thing but sadly never finished/released it, I remember all the dependencies, it was a pain 🤣

Modding only works because there's no money involved. As soon as somebody's getting paid the lawyers come out to play.

Xion_Stellar

Thanks, and damn that’s a shame. I thought xbox did allow script editing mods, but they were prohibited on PlayStation. Oh well. And yeah I built but never completed a very sizable mod for oblivion back in the day in the year between completing my games degree but prior to starting my first business. Sank at least 1000 hours into that thing but sadly never finished/released it, I remember all the dependencies, it was a pain 🤣
I'm going to assume you asked about Xbox support because you want a hassle free entry into this mod? Well if you ever find yourself with some free time and assuming you have a capable PC may I suggest looking into Wabbajack? For the most part it automates the process of installing full on Mod Lists like Fallout London although some of the mod lists may require a few extra steps beyond installing everything with Wabbajack.

If you feel like replaying Fallout 3 AND Fallout New Vegas I would suggest the Begin Again mod list listed there.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

I believe in the old lore, the whole of Europe was at war for longer, with less peace and unity than the USA, and was hit so hard that basically nothing much should be left standing. In Bethesda lore, you have all sorts of European coded people who have accents that make them sound like they just got off the plane.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Fallout is about valuing dialogue, nobody gives the franchise credit anymore, it’s not trying to reinvent the genre. When there’s a Fallout Miami, everyone will start caring again. I think Fallout 3 on the 360 was a huge moment and them at the top.

Fallout-3

It'll be PC only. I assume it's because of file size limits and / or the fact that this mod is a total conversion (you play as new character and won't have access to base Fallout 4 campaign)
For complex mods like this a script extender (modified exe) is required and there is none for the console

Top Bottom