• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 5/22

Spiegel

neo2046 said:
Tenchu 3 Portable
Amored Core 3 Portable / PSP / July 30, 2009
Amored Core Silent Line Portable / PSP / Nov 2009
Shinsengumi Portable / PSP / Dec 2009
Tenchu Red Portable /PSP/ Jan 2010
Amored Core ASTRAVEN Portable / PSP / March 2010

What about new games eh?

At least they will be cheap (3990 Y)

Dascu

Warren Ellis said:
don't worry guys! the next fragile/kizuna/baroque will be good!
Hmm... Fragile was hyped up and according to impressions, it was a good game, but not great. Kizuna barely had any hype, just interest. Score's lower than I had expected. As for Baroque... I don't think anyone ever hyped that game.

biocat

Poor Kizuna. At least they could have given it extra points for the character art. Or maybe they already did? Ouch.

EDarkness

-Kh- said:
So was Fragile a bad game? I thought people gave good impressions about it.

I have it and it's not that good. Who the hell thought of having breakable weapons? Ugh. Don't even get me started on that game. Some things were good, but overall, it's not that good. No idea why people would even want that game released in the states. Unless they just want some game to bag on.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No new info on KOF XII console version ?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - 9/9/9/9

Always had my eyes on it as a KH whore but I still have my doubts. Famit$u and all that but I expect to be pleasantly surprised with the quality of this game.

Edit: wow @ Ninokuni.

Masked Man

I said wow
9/9/8/8?

edgeworth-bow(a).gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
It's less than a month from release and the new modes and console characters have been discussed. What more could they unveil?
;___;

im always expecting news from KOF XII... thanks for shattering my dreams..:lol

Dascu said:
Hmm... Fragile was hyped up and according to impressions, it was a good game, but not great. Kizuna barely had any hype, just interest. Score's lower than I had expected. As for Baroque... I don't think anyone ever hyped that game.

it is not about hype. It is about finding the latest "japanese hardcore gem" for the wii. At least Muramasa was good.

fragile is one of the worst games that i ever played. Sub-par ps2 graphics, bad control system, boring combat system.

GCX

Ni No Kuni will be the best game ever.

With Level 5 + Ghibli + Joe Hisaishi (soundtrack) you can't fail.

Moor-Angol said:
planned for a summer release

seems like it's becoming the standard to announce a game and releasing it a couple of months later........

It's really ridiculous. On the Wii games are announced way too close to their release date (2 - 4 months), on the PS3/360 they're announced way too far from their release date (11-18 months). Personally I feel that for most games a reveal of 6 to 9 months would be ideal.

I think the problem it's not the short time between the announcement and the release, but the lack of marketing.
You can announce a game for a 6-8 weeks release, but if it's heavily marketed, it might sell well, if marketing lacks how can people know about the game ?

This game has some potential, but NBGI has to push it on media, last year Wario Land Shake sold over 100k units, it was common to see commercials on tv or in game stores, but if Nintendo didn't push it i think it would have been hard to reach those sales...

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Dascu said:
:/

Couldn't they at least get this on DSiWare?

This is a GREAT thing!

Mobile RPGs usually/sometimes get ported, which means the odds of getting these games in North America either on WiiWare, DS, or PSP is increasing a bit! :D

Although I have Secret of Mana on VC, if it does well then they port Seiken 3, then we FINALLY get it in NA (wishful, wishful failing thinking :( )

Durante

Flying_Phoenix said:
It's really ridiculous. On the Wii games are announced way too close to their release date (2 - 4 months), on the PS3/360 they're announced way too far from their release date (11-18 months).
You can't really generalize like that. Look at Atelier Rorona.

Aru

I can't understand S-E.
They said people don't want games like Secret of Mana anymore... And they release a port for mobile phones ?
And all those sequels that suck balls on "real" consoles.

I want this port with online play :(

Durante said:
You can't really generalize like that. Look at Atelier Rorona.

I was referring to the usual. Obviously there are exceptions to both sides, but they are just that exceptions.

Moor-Angol said:
I think the problem it's not the short time between the announcement and the release, but the lack of marketing.
You can announce a game for a 6-8 weeks release, but if it's heavily marketed, it might sell well, if marketing lacks how can people know about the game ?

This game has some potential, but NBGI has to push it on media, last year Wario Land Shake sold over 100k units, it was common to see commercials on tv or in game stores, but if Nintendo didn't push it i think it would have been hard to reach those sales...

True but announcing a title longer then a few weeks allows more word of mouth to spread and more advertising and more accurate marketing to take place.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mr. Wonderful said:
What were the Kingdom Hearts comments? (How awesome was their game?)

“The scenarios, the system, the volumes, the graphic quality… it was made with no gaps. The high resolution cut scenes not seen on DS until now are especially cool! The way that the action content totally changes according to the kinds of panels arranged in the slots of the fighting system is wonderful. We were happy just getting absorbed into it while try out the techniques.”

“Even though being able to manage your level with the panel system is strange, you forget about time and become absorbed in the recombinations! Above all, you can freely customize the characters you play as you like, making the fighting aspect exceptionally fun. Also, the cooperative play is easy and unexpectedly exciting. The true state of affairs revealed regarding Organization XIII in this story also engages one’s interest very much.”

“Consequently since the circumstances of the character involve loss of memories followed by a thorough tutorial, it’s easy for those who haven’t played games from the series to enter into the world of it. The heart wrenching story is strongly captivating. The simple yet exhilarating action reappears faithfully in this title. How the fight goes changes a lot depending on the combination of panels, it’s enjoyable that you can input your personal preference.”

“The core of the game centers on missions, the structure of which excluding the excessive things is pure. It also includes an abundance of other things to do. Although the movement of the NPCs is worrisome, or rather, testing of one’s tolerance level. The depth of the customization together with the numerous characters make this especially interesting for a large number of people who play."

Copypasted from www.kh2.co.uk

the NBGI game is called "Hottarake no Shima", the Island of Hottarake.

I wonder what Hottarake is... seems like it's based from an anime released on 22 August (it's made by Production I.G.)
more info here

Top Bottom