• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu # 897 scores

neo2046

PS2 Final Fantasy 7 -Dirge Of Cerberus- - 7 7 7 7
PS2 Monster Hunter 2 - 10 9 8 10
PS2 Bleach: Hanatareshi Yabou - 5 5 4 5
DC Radirgy ラジルギ - 6 6 5 6
PSP Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 - 7 8 7 7
NDS This Quiz Boy - 7 6 7 7

duckroll

I <3 Katamari said:
Yep, figured. I bet DoC get's pretty much straight 7/7.5's in America too.

What happened to "I'LL PLAY THE GAME MYSELF! IT COULD BE GOOD!"?! WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!? :lol :lol :lol

(And WTF, another DC game?)

It's a shooter. Tons of arcade shooters are being ported to the DC. Under Defeat is coming next month and it looks awesome. :D

duckroll said:
What happened to "I'LL PLAY THE GAME MYSELF! IT COULD BE GOOD!"?! WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!? :lol :lol :lol

Uh, what? When did I go against what I previously said. I believe I also said it will probably get all 7's. And 7's across the board isn't bad, scorewise.

But saying that, the game is probably pretty mediocre, as I've heard a lot more than two people say they've played it and that it's not very good.

Amir0x

Banned
I <3 Katamari said:
Uh, what? When did I go against what I previously said. I believe I also said it will probably get all 7's. And 7's across the board isn't bad, scorewise.

But saying that, the game is probably pretty mediocre, as I've heard a lot more than two people say they've played it and that it's not very good.

Man, haven't you listened to a word anyone has said? When a game gets STRAIGHT 7s in Famitsu, it means it is a fucking insult to God himself.

duckroll

pilonv1 said:
Three weeks of moneyhats wasn't enough.

I heard Square made the 4 reviewers sit in a room made of money, playing the game on chairs made of money, wearing underwear, hats and shirts made out of money. After 3 hours, they were allowed to take as much money as they could carry out of the room.

I shudder to think what a proper pre-release review score would have been like!

MadFuzzy

It bought them enough time to sell out the whole first batch before it got actually reviewed. I'd say that was moneyhats well spent.

Sho Nuff

Banned
300px-B777-200LR_DSC04302.JPG

I'm really looking forward to the hardware numbers the next few weeks. DreamCast vs Xbox 360, it'll be the clash of the Titans :lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
oh lord, 3 weeks late and four 7s...

i'm waiting for the second hand price crash - the FIRST hand price crash is already starting, with some aki places having the "LOOKY! 4800 for awesome game!!" offers...

(i want to try it - it's like eating dung, i know it'll taste horrid, but you have to try it...)

duckroll

DCharlie said:
(i want to try it - it's like eating dung, i know it'll taste horrid, but you have to try it...)

While I have no trouble at all equating playing DoC to eating dung, this begs the question: Have you eaten dung before? :lol o_O :lol

Could someone explain the Famistu rating system for me?
I know there are 4 numbers representing different aspects of the game, but I have no idea which one is which or what they stand for.

MidgarBlowedUp said:
I know there are 4 numbers representing different aspects of the game, but I have no idea which one is which or what they stand for.

Each number is a different reviewers score for the game.

Sho Nuff

Banned
MidgarBlowedUp said:

The one number stands for the macho skater guy
The one number stands for the retarded girl in the skirt who is amused by flashing lights
The one number stands for the dork in the bandana
The one number stands for the old corrupt man who runs Famitsu and laughs hysterically

Sho Nuff said:
The one number stands for the macho skater guy
The one number stands for the retarded girl in the skirt who is amused by flashing lights
The one number stands for the dork in the bandana
The one number stands for the old corrupt man who runs Famitsu and laughs hysterically

:lol:lol:lol

FAMITSU CROSS REVIEW: DIRGE OF CERBERUS

wdyt_photo6.article.jpg

7 - "It was hard to choose a score, as I've never played an FPS before. Then again, I've never played any of the games I review."

wdyt_photo2.article.jpg

7 - "This game should appeal to fans of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, as well as anyone else skilled at the art of incredible self-deception."

wdyt_photo1.article.jpg

7 - "So the levels are lackluster and the controls are completely ass-backwards--did you see Yuffie's creamy thighs?"

wdyt_photo3.article.jpg

7 - "Rest assured, I write all of my reviews with the same careful attention to detail that Square Enix brings to each of their A-list titles."

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

the big kicker is if the guy with the goatie who is a really nice guy but gives almost anything a 9 was one of the reviewers....

come, lets face it - if this wasn't a SE game a) it would have been reviewed 3 weeks back b) it would possibly have gotten less.

Aurora

monchi-kun said:
i'm diggin' the anime but screw these bad games....how was the Treasure game on DS though?

Pretty fucking amazing. It got 31/40 on Famitsu but I honestly reckon it deserves more. :)

How hard do you think it will be for a non speaker to play Monster Hunter 2? Also how hard will it be to setup paying for the monthly fee? It just looks too good to wait for.

Mode

monchi-kun said:
i'm diggin' the anime but screw these bad games....how was the Treasure game on DS though?

With Bleach DS, I have forgiven Treasure for making Gunstar Super Heroes and Advance Guardian Heroes.

Top Bottom