• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #932 scans

Jonnyram

First up a PS3 game so guys like Bad_Boy might get off my back ;)

Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racerrrrrrrrrr 7

Not sure what to scan next :?

ethelred

Let's go with Professor Layton.

Also -- what about the new DS games the last issue mentioned? Just Cooking Navi 2 and Layton?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
As a Ridge Racer fan.. I haven't really been excited about the series since RRT4.

:(

Someone hold me.

Jonnyram

Itadaki Street DS

Is there really a DS scoop rush other than the Level 5 game? If so, PLEASE give us details!!1
Itadaki Street DS
Prof. Layton
Healthy Recipes 1000 Cooking Compendium
Keroro Gunzou 2
DS Housekeeping book
Fuurai no Shiren DS
Bokujou Monogatari Kimi to Sodatsu Shima
Kirby
Custom Robo
General Knowledge Training
Mukoubuchi (Mahjong game)
etc.

NotWii

Banned
Oooh ooooh! Give us details on etc.!

I'm also curious what's in these games
- DS Housekeeping book
- General Knowledge Training

And anything Wii related.

Aeana

AIRic said:
Itadaki Street DS = Mario version of "Monopoly" board game? Anyone know how the game plays?

The Itadaki Street games are very similar to Monopoly, yes. It's probably the best parallel to draw.

Jonnyram said:
Itadaki Street DS

Itadaki Street DS
Prof. Layton
Keroro Gunzou 2
DS Housekeeping book
Fuurai no Shiren DS
Kirby
Custom Robo
etc.

Eh... not much interesting stuff imo. Kirby and Custom Robo scans would be noice.

By the way, ISDS TOTALLY runs on the FFIII engine. In those scans, Jessica looks like she came straight out of FFIII.

Thomper

Wii said:
Oooh ooooh! Give us details on etc.!

I'm also curious what's in these games
- DS Housekeeping book
- General Knowledge Training
I might be wrong, but isn't General Knowledge Training the game that was also called 'Common Sense Training'? Screen below.
scr_019.jpg

There's a lot of new games in that list, but most of the new ones don't really sound that interesting. Still interested in seeing 'em though. :) Thanks Jonny!

Oneself

speedpop said:
As a Ridge Racer fan.. I haven't really been excited about the series since RRT4.

:(

Someone hold me.

As a Ridge Racer fan... I haven't been this excited about the series since RR5. Someone hold him.

donny2112

Jonnyram said:
Itadaki Street DS

This reminds me. Where's WiFi Mario Party DS!?! What is Hudson's problem? Don't they want our money!?!

Thomper said:
I might be wrong, but isn't General Knowledge Training the game that was also called 'Common Sense Training'?

The title was originally misinterpreted as Common Sense Training, yes.

Matix

Jonnyram said:
Itadaki Street DS

Itadaki Street DS
Prof. Layton
Keroro Gunzou 2
DS Housekeeping book
Fuurai no Shiren DS
Kirby
Custom Robo
etc.

Hmm, I'll take an order of Custom Robo (with anyother decent looking Action, or RPG related game on the side).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Just read over the RR7 article. Nothing really new. Just explaining how the customization and plug-in systems work, basically. Of course, I don't know how much more could be said about the game itself at this point. It's all about the quality of the content, not just its features (track design, music, visuals, etc).

Jonnyram

Thomper said:
There's a lot of new games in that list, but most of the new ones don't really sound that interesting. Still interested in seeing 'em though. :) Thanks Jonny!
I know! Quite a letdown really, but the Layton game makes up for everything in the end :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I need Layton love! Make it happen Jonny!

Jonnyram

I didn't realise it's so late... here's your lot for tonight. Might scan more tomorrow.

1000 Healthy Recipes Cooking Compendium, Custom Robo DS, Kirby and some chars from Prof. Layton

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Jonnyram said:
I didn't realise it's so late... here's your lot for tonight. Might scan more tomorrow.

1000 Healthy Recipes Cooking Compendium, Custom Robo DS, Kirby and some chars from Prof. Layton
Am I the only one excited for Custom Robo? the game looks great and I liked the cube one..

B.K.

Are the animated screens in the Layton screens cutscenes from the game or are they making a series or movie based off of it?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
**** the haters in that Layton thread. That game looks ****ing AWESOME.

OH NOES! NON GAME! WATCH OUT GUYS!!

DarknessTear said:
Prof. Layton looks pretty much like your average Japanese morning children's show. I'm doubting that it'll be too interesting.

Who cares what you think? Your taste in games is ****ing terrible.

Mrbob

Level 5 graphical power does not disappoint, even on the DS! Level 5 ftw. Damn I'm gonna have to buy it anyway. I hope it is good. :/

jarrod

Banned
Level 5 coding/aesthetic and Armor Project game design made a winning combination for DQ8, hopefully teaming up with Arika yeilds similar results. I'm always hesitant of L5's stuff at this point (DC1 was riddled with issues and DC2 was bloated mess) but Arika's suprisingly rock solid so we'll see...

DarknessTear said:
Prof. Layton looks pretty much like your average Japanese morning children's show. I'm doubting that it'll be too interesting.

No, it really doesn't. To my eyes it has more in common with European animation and it also boasts some of the nicest character designs I've seen in a Japanese adventure game for quite some time. If its gameplay can match up to its looks, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a localisation.

It really seems that the Japanese devs caught off-guard by the success of the DS are turning things around now, and I'm sure there will be more announcements to come over the next couple of months.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Cosmonaut X said:
No, it really doesn't. To my eyes it has more in common with European animation and it also boasts some of the nicest character designs I've seen in a Japanese adventure game for quite some time. If its gameplay can match up to its looks, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a localisation.

It really seems that the Japanese devs caught off-guard by the success of the DS are turning things around now, and I'm sure there will be more announcements to come over the next couple of months.
It's definitely european in style. It reminds me a bit of Belleville Rendez-Vous , actually

Top Bottom