• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Famitsu] Issue #995 thread of mu

kensama

duckroll said:
They're not my scans, they're from Japanese guys that post on 2ch. Don't greet me, greet them!
ok will greeting him but what is his alias and will greeting you too also

Jonnyram

Some other release info...

DS Bangaioh Dual Spirits 2008/03
PS2/PS3 Guitar Hero 3 2008/03/06
Wii Family Jockey 2008/03/06
Wii The House of the Dead 2&3 (zapper bundle also planned - 6279yen) 2008/03/19
Wii Family Stadium 2008/03/27

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Some other release info...

DS Bangaioh Dual Spirits 2008/03
PS2/PS3 Guitar Hero 3 2008/03/06
Wii Family Jockey 2008/03/06
Wii The House of the Dead 2&3 (zapper bundle also planned - 6279yen) 2008/03/19
Wii Family Stadium 2008/03/27

Do you know if Blue Dragon Plus is in the issue? I read a rumor that there's an interview with Sakaguchi about it.

Edit: BANGAIOH IN MARCH WOOOO HOOOOO!

Jonnyram

New game info...

DS Baccano
Adventure / Media Works / 2008/02/28
This is the 5th of Dengeki's Bunko series, but it seems to play more like an adventure than the previous titles, not that I know much about the previous games. DS is held at 90 degrees, like Hotel Dusk.

Matix

Wow Duck, your sure on a roll with the scans (teh lameness) ;p

Sooo..

Dissidia
A fucking visual overload of FF fanservice and sparkly eye-candy, sweeeeet.
And now after the surprisingly positive gameplay impressions, I can finally feel safe being hype for this title.

KH: 358/2
Actually looks decent, and seems pretty faithful to the core KH gameplay mechnaics even on the DS.

KH: BBS
Like what Crisis Core did with the origins of FF7, seems that Birth By Sleep will do the same with the beginnings of Kingdom Hearts (should be epic).
Just hopefully it won't take another 3 years to be released.

KH: Coded
Side-Scrolling Sora & Friends, seems fun. But why does it have to be on a fucking mobile-phone.

MSG: 00
Its not Seed VS, Zaft Portable, but its damn close (especially considering its on the DS).

Jonnyram

Oh god, some stuff I noticed on the calendar for next year which I didn't know until now...

From April 1, selling second hand Famicom, Super Famicom, N64 etc. will no longer be possible in stores - according to an extension of the second hand electric products law.

And TGS 2008 runs from October 9 to 12 - a couple of weeks later than usual.

nib95

Banned
Mandoric said:
DETAILS
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
* HDD install is 4900MB.
* Save files are 3392KB.
* Some variety of PSN support.
* 5.1 LPCM audio.

Hmmm...Might need to start considering that 250GB HDD upgrade. My 60GB is already filling out lol.

kbear

Great news on the HD install option for DMC4. This is what I expected when years ago we heard about the option for devs to install games to the HDD. It sucks that very few allow it... hopefully a trend that'll change

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Do you know if Blue Dragon Plus is in the issue? I read a rumor that there's an interview with Sakaguchi about it.
BD+ is not in the issue... and I doubt there is Jump out on Monday considering the date... no more Famitsu until 1/11.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
BD+ is not in the issue... and I doubt there is Jump out on Monday considering the date... no more Famitsu until 1/11.

Okay, thanks. Clean Away scans would be nice if you have time though.

Oh and Merry Christmas! :)

Desi

Yoboman said:
The Amano-era designs in Dissidia look pretty good. Definitely closer to the source than Setzer
I wouldn't go as far as saying that but I do love Nomura's Warrior of Light and Firion. Garland and Zidane on the other hand make me filled with hate. Emperor and Kuja in limbo. so 2/2/2

icecream

Public Health Threat
Jonnyram said:
It seems to play more like an adventure than the previous titles, not that I know much about the previous games.
Think of them much like e-novels, where you read through them and hold the DS like a book, except there are a few interactivity points here and there such as clicking on key words to trigger an event, or mini-games at certain points throughout the novel.

Overall they're more book-style reading than normal gaming or even visual novel gaming.

TreIII

Bangai-oh DS in March? Awesome.

And each update for Inazuma 11 looks even more epic than the last. I can't wait for that game. :D

Jonnyram said:
Oh god, some stuff I noticed on the calendar for next year which I didn't know until now...

From April 1, selling second hand Famicom, Super Famicom, N64 etc. will no longer be possible in stores - according to an extension of the second hand electric products law.
Jesus, WHAT THE HELL, Japan? I think this needs its own thread.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:

And TGS 2008 runs from October 9 to 12 - a couple of weeks later than usual.

That makes no sense. Can Megadrive, Saturn, PS1 still be sold? I mean why only Nintendo systems? Does Nintendo have connections with the government, because this will boost VC sales like crazy.

Jonnyram said:

WTF is this shit? The worst gaming news ever.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Bebpo said:
That makes no sense. Can Megadrive, Saturn, PS1 still be sold? I mean why only Nintendo systems? Does Nintendo have connections with the government, because this will boost VC sales like crazy.

yeah no joke

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/25826/Japanese-government-sells-Nintendo-shares

the japan gov bought Nintendo shares to save Nintendo ( years ago when it was all about sony )

don't know why they didn't do this for Sega or 3DO ( i doubt they will save Sony if they the whole company fall )

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So is it just me, or does that Gundam OO DS game look REALLY good for the DS? The gundams look pretty detailed and the draw distance looks deceptively large.

TreIII

Adumaha said:
So is it just me, or does that Gundam OO DS game look REALLY good for the DS? The gundams look pretty detailed and the draw distance looks deceptively large.

Nah, it's not just you. It DOES look pretty good.

...If it's basically as close as I'm going to get to Virtual ON/Gundam Vs. on the DS, then so be it.

ethelred

Adumaha said:

It looks better than Gundam 0079 for the Wii.

tehbear

TreIII said:
Nah, it's not just you. It DOES look pretty good.

...If it's basically as close as I'm going to get to Virtual ON/Gundam Vs. on the DS, then so be it.

Single player? Yeah it's not that close at all.

00 for DS doesn't look like it wants to be one of the FEW decent Gundam games.

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
No, the etc. includes Megadrive, Saturn, and similar, I guess. Just Famitsu didn't print a complete list. The law basically states electrical products over X years in age cannot be resold. I don't know how it affected amps, turntables, etc. last year as I don't have a massive interest in those markets, but it's a similar thing basically.

duckroll said:
DMC4 PS3 supports LPCM 5.1! Xbox360 audio may cry~

Don't forget that LPCM doesn't automatically mean HD audio. Every PS3 game up to this point has supported LPCM. Given Capcom's stance up to this point of the two SKUs being equal, I'd be very surprised to find out that each platform has its own audio assets.

Jonnyram said:
No, the etc. includes Megadrive, Saturn, and similar, I guess. Just Famitsu didn't print a complete list. The law basically states electrical products over X years in age cannot be resold. I don't know how it affected amps, turntables, etc. last year as I don't have a massive interest in those markets, but it's a similar thing basically.
So, there was similar legislation that was made law in 2006, but it looks like a loophole allowed business to continue as usual. Does this mean that the law has come back again?

Apparently the PSE law, the one that required all electronic devices sold at retail to be tested to certain electrical safety standards and to carry a label showing compliance, was just revised to exclude second-hand devices. A party responsible for the original legislation recently offered an apology to those second-hand shops affected by the legislation.

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/0712/21/news091.html

Google translation: http://translate.google.com/transla...21/news091.html&langpair=ja|en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

So what's the story with what Famitsu is saying?

lupin23rd

Would this law only apply to systems or games as well?

I guess we'd have to jump to Ebay or Yahoo Japan Auctions to find this stuff?

Damn...

Bebpo said:
logo_tag.gif

Busaiku

Jonnyram said:
New game info...

DS Baccano
Adventure / Media Works / 2008/02/28
This is the 5th of Dengeki's Bunko series, but it seems to play more like an adventure than the previous titles, not that I know much about the previous games. DS is held at 90 degrees, like Hotel Dusk.
Ooh a Baccano! adventure game.
I'm certainly interested.

Mandoric

Banned
Jonnyram said:
It's issue 996 actually, and here are the review scores...

Are they counting it as two issues, or is the source I'd been working from just an issue number off? Either way, it should then be #997 on the 11th, #998 on the 18th, #999 on the 25th, and #1000 on the 1st, right?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dissidia and Birth By Sleep look incredible, square knows their way around psp hardware. Dissidia alone is a FF fans wet dream, but to have the combat intense of KH on the PSP now that is why I love my psp.

Now if only Capcom can get on that DMC psp.

neojubei said:
Dissidia and Birth By Sleep look incredible, square knows their way around psp hardware. Dissidia alone is a FF fans wet dream, but to have the combat intense of KH on the PSP now that is why I love my psp.

Now if only Capcom can get on that DMC psp.
Sorry to tell you this, but DMC could never work on the PSP.

Jonnyram

It's a joint issue for 1-11/1-18 so they skipped 996. The next one, out on 11 Jan, is also a joint issue 1-25/2-1 so that will probably be 998.

Mandoric said:
DATES
PS3 Armored Core For Answer 3/19

Is this the stupid AC anime on Poo Ray, or is this a the annual AC gaming update?

If so, I hope the online play is brought up to PS2 levels of functionality. An AC game with robust on-line play on PS3 would rock. :D

Top Bottom