• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (6/20) - Okami HD PS3, Idolmaster PSP, Ys Vita 9/27

duckroll

Actually, the title is Idolmaster Shiny Festa. Forgive me, I'm kinda tired.

Edit: Oh look, new page! Might as well repost the info.

Idolmaster Shiny Festa
- PSP, no release date set.
- 3 versions: Honey Sound, Funky Note, Groove Tune.
- Characters are split between the versions.
- Honey Sound = 如月千早、天海春香、秋月律子、三浦あずさ
- Funky Note = 高槻やよい、我那覇響、水瀬伊織、双海亜美・真美
- Groove Tune = 星井美希、萩原雪歩、菊地真、四条貴音
- If you can't read those names, you're not going to be playing the game anyway. :p
- The main theme is "MUSIC♪".

Okami Zekkeiban
- PS3 HD Remaster
- November 1st release date in Japan.
- 3990yen
- Supports PS Move.
- First press bonus includes a PSN code for the Okami digital art book for use with PlayView.

Ridley327

I'm under the impression that their other ports have been worse than that.

The worst thing you can say about RE4 and the DMC HD Collection is that they're no-frills ports; they run as good as they did on their original systems, they're not missing much in the way of effects, all the bonus content is intact and that's about it.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Guessing Vita sales are still not that great is why they're sticking with PSP (yet that never stopped the 360 version).

The main title is Idolm@ster Shiny Festa. The 3 versions are Honey Sound (with Chihaya, Haruka, Ritsuko, and Azusa), Funky Note (with Yayoi, Iori, Hibiki, Ami & Mami), and Groovy Tune (with Miki, Yukiho, Makoto, and Takane).

The game genre is 'Idol Rhythm Action' so either it's analogous to L4U! Or this is going to be more a music game than Idol sim.

edit: being beaten by duckroll is cool too.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guessing Vita sales are still not that great is why they're sticking with PSP (yet that never stopped the 360 version).

The main title is Idolm@ster Shiny Festa. The 3 versions are Honey Sound (with Chihaya, Haruka, Ritsuko, and Azusa), Funky Note (with Yayoi, Iori, Hibiki, Ami & Mami), and Groovy Tune (with Miki, Yukiho, Makoto, and Takane).

The game genre is 'Idol Rhythm Action' so either it's analogous to L4U! Or this is going to be more a music game than Idol sim.

Basically, Idolmasters Oudendan?

Now I'm REALLY sad it won't ever come over here :(

7Th

This makes it even more disappointing that it isn't for the Vita; the touchscreen seems perfect for some neat-ish "Rhythm Action".

duckroll

This makes it even more disappointing that it isn't for the Vita; the touchscreen seems perfect for some neat-ish "Rhythm Action".

I don't think the Vita really has a userbase large enough for them to exploit with 3 different release versions yet. That's probably a big factor in their decision.

randomkid

I can't believe Okami HD is true, the rumor seemed so fake. I hope they keep the PS2 version's hazy sumi-e aesthetics, part of the reason I never bought the Wii version.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Namco probably just wants a piece of that Miku pie now that she's moving on to uncharted waters. And they're using their biggest guns to do it.

He's definitely producing something from inside his pants...
Well that certainly won't get anyone inside the Dream C Club!

I want Ys IV so badly. I am wondering if they will include both the Dawn of Ys as well as Mask of The Sun soundtracks options along with this new versions music. I sure hope they do.

duckroll

The blog posted an update to the Idolmaster news. The game is definitely not an idol simulation game. Instead each version of the game is a fixed idol unit team, and in the game that idol unit attends a music festival (hence Festa). The gameplay involves hitting buttons to match the icons on screen based on timing. Definitely trying to get a slice of the Miku pie.

Holy shizzles! I was not expecting to see a release date for Ys so soon.

Falcom is on top of their stuff! So excited to see images and video.

OMG Ys.

Was not planning on getting a Vita any time soon, so I'll have to find an alt method of playing it once it's in English.

Sagitario

If Okami HD gets a western release at retail, I will get it for sure, but I won't play it at all (perhaps after a few years down the road I would).

I think I had enough Okami last gen and this one too.

I will import Ys4... I can't wait :D. Damn, a month later AC3L comes out :). Fall going to be great for Vita owners.

I wonder if we'll see ys4 in the next Vita gaming heaven.

Ridley327

Please let me skip text in Okami!

I'd love to have a skip Orochi or skip spider boss button, too. :D

And although it's already too late for people who have already played it, it'd be nice if they gave players an option for Issun to not spoil the solution of every puzzle as soon as they enter a room. For as much handholding Skyward Sword had, they at least didn't force Fi to blurt out the solution unless you wanted her to.

Atelier Meruru- 9 9 8 9

Atelier Ayesha- 9 8 9 8

Hmm, one nine less than Meruru. Ayesha still looks sooo much better to me. I hope the game rocks it next week when it lands on Japan's store shelves.

Aeana

I want Ys IV so badly. I am wondering if they will include both the Dawn of Ys as well as Mask of The Sun soundtracks options along with this new versions music. I sure hope they do.
They will undoubtedly save alternate music options for a later version.

Looking forward to playing Okami as I never tried it but I guess we are looking at a Dec/Jan Western release? By that time my backlog will probably be overflowing.

Angelcurio

Finally, if there was a game that needed an HD port, it was Okami. It isn´t my dream Clover HD collection (Okami, God Hand and Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2). I just hope that Capcom give the ports the proper treatment and is not a half assed port. Move support is also a plus, since Okami play style really fits with motion controls, even though it was released on a time when motion controls weren´t available. I hope they also release a Vita version, since the touch screen would also fit the gameplay perfectly.

I really hope they also show some screens of Ys, really want to see what kind of changes they bring.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
New Idolm@ster? FUCK YEAH. Gonna grab those and Ys. Honey Sound will be day one just for 千早. Don't care much for the other three.

Yuripaw

Banned
I really wish an Idolmaster game would be localized. I know...it makes no sense, and only a few thousand people would want it...but dammit I'm one of em.

Top Bottom